• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What 3DS XL cases do you guys use?

Ulysses 31

Any place in Europe to get this?

Looks like this one:

Assecure Crystal Clear Hard Case Cover Shell for Nintendo 3DS XL LL Protective Armour

51gCYL4GA2L._SL1000_.jpg

61uEPF2-uvL._SL1000_.jpg

DonMigs85

I thought the OG DS was the one with the problem. The XL has it too? What is this?!

Edit:

Saw thread above. Dammit Nintendo, why do you suck so much at design? Goddamn morons.

It's a consequence of the top screen being wider than the bottom one, plus the case isn't totally rigid.

Matriox

So about a week or so ago I was looking for a DS case that I could also house my Vita. This was the one I stumbled upon and went ahead and purchased it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009HUBCZG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Z4LKYCZ.jpg

So I tested it out and I love the case. the DS fits perfectly in a zipper pocket off the back without any forcing to get the DS into the case, but fits pretty snug so its not bouncing around inside.

IWU4tMB.jpg

The Vita fits in the main pouch just aswell, even with a grip!

fp7oTQV.jpg

It has plenty of odds and ends spaces for my card cases aswell.

ZCftaAs.jpg

cnZd1TI.jpg

Overall I am very pleased with this case :)

Jomjom

Banned
Can anyone with the Monster Hunter pouch confirm if the pouch is hard (like the EVA hard cases) at all or is it a completely soft pouch?

My 3DS has the issue with the top screen getting scratched really bad by the bottom so I'm hoping that it at least has some sort of form so that if I throw it into a bag it won't get smashed to hell.

milkham

Can anyone with the Monster Hunter pouch confirm if the pouch is hard (like the EVA hard cases) at all or is it a completely soft pouch?

My 3DS has the issue with the top screen getting scratched really bad by the bottom so I'm hoping that it at least has some sort of form so that if I throw it into a bag it won't get smashed to hell.

it looks pretty soft i don't think it'll do what you want it to do.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Was wondering if anyone knew of original 3DS cases that have sort of the same style as the following pic:

JVYG1Dm.png

LQX

Hey guys and gals?

I have one of those Megaman 25th Anniversary Shells on my 3DSXL,

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcom...=UTiB@goBAlgAAHCeaNkAAAAz&rests=1400919403529

And I wanted to get a case for the system, but the MM case makes it super bulky to fit. Any recommendations? I was hoping for something pocket sized...

Fits like glove and hardly makes the system bulky.

Nintendo 3DS XL Duraflexi Protector
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GX330XW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Dryk

For the price, it's really good quality. Could be that the elastic strip doesn't hold forever, it's embossed with 'DSi XL" on the inside (it's a licensed product) and it's not genuine leather, but it get's the job done and looks nice.
I really like mine too. The elastic is starting to come apart but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I really want an aluminum case because of the potential for personalized engraving, but the spotty wifi scares me =/

Thanks but I should have specified.

A 3dsxl case that I can use with the Megaman cover...

The hard pouches should fit. This is the case I use (you can find it in the OP):
$_35.JPG

My 3DS XL fits snugly even with the Duraflex protector. Not really pocket-sized unless you wear cargo pants though.

Shadownet

Banned
Rocketfish Slim Fit Case for 3DS XL is amazing.

I got a red one for my Pokemon Y Blue XL. And my little brother got a blue case for his Pokemon X Red XL.

Highly recommend it if you don't care about showing off your 3DS XL back. It protect very well.

DagsJT

Bumping this in case anyone has bought a newer case that people can consider?

I'm looking for a soft case, maybe a wallet, so always keen for more options.

Adamator

Might not be the right thread for this, but does anyone know if a good case for the NEW Nintendo 3DS XL that is specifically New 3DS branded?

weevles

A multi-purpose 3DS XL case should work fine for the New 3DS XL. For example, I am using the Hori soft case (with Luigi as the design) and it fits no problem.

I don't use shells or hard cases though...

Top Bottom