• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What 3DS XL cases do you guys use?

DonMigs85

By the way this is the pouch I'm using, made by a company called Big Ben.
It lacks a partition or card slots but the 6 in 1 card case I have fits fine in the mesh. Of course now I can't put in the AC adapter or much else.
I'm veeery interested in that Power A case though.

11446417364_8cb73182e8_c.jpg

11446410274_02ed99c6d0_c.jpg

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
It lacks a partition or card slots but the 6 in 1 card case I have fits fine in the mesh. Of course now I can't put in the AC adapter or much else.

I used to have a very similar case in all black for my DSi XL back in the day. They were super sturdy. That's an awesome case you've got there.

forrest

formerly nacire
So the old DSi XL version is totally identical to the 3DS-branded one?

If you read my post with the pictures I state the actual differences. Logo is now different, two zipper pulls are now one zipper pull and the foam insert is now included with all of them.

DonMigs85

If you read my post with the pictures I state the actual differences. Logo is now different, two zipper pulls are now one zipper pull and the foam insert is now included with all of them.

My bad. Too bad the black one is out of stock on Amazon, but I can wait.

milkham

Can the awesome leather MH case also fit the charger?

The inside is actually pretty big. Almost big enough to almost fit a second XL. I use it to store a cleaning cloth and a charger when I go on trips. There are two small pockets on the inside that are made to snugly hold two cartridge. That said, I carry my carts in the Club Nintendo cart case. It can't be beat.

I sat here for a minute wondering what was wrong with your 3DS in the first pic. Then I realized it was just a reflection...

Rnr1224

Holy shit at that monster hunter case! May need to pick that up. Right now I'm using the official vita travel pouch as it holds both my 3ds and vita. Also have a pokedex decal too :p

I'm still using the Official Nintendo System Wallet. Fits perfectly, it is a bit snug at first, but it streatches a bit. You can charge it while its in the case and holds 6 games (3 spots, 2 in each). I do like the Hori Hard case, have one for my Vita and the Super mario hard case looks slick.

Just checked and the Hori Mario one is only $17 at Amazon right now!

Where did you get this one and for how much???

I ask because I think Wal-Mart totally ripped that design off, I just bought this case for $5 at Wal-Mart for my 3DS XL, its branded as ICON

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
The DSi XL Power A one that was posted earlier in this thread, thanks for that by the way ;)
Took the red one, since it fits with the Zelda XL. Was kind of a bitch to find around here, and looks a bit like a lady's wallet, but I like it.

Excuse the crappy pics.

I use the Club Nintendo reversible pouch.

Though currently not the most fashionable. My girlfriend at the time's favorite color was blue, so I redeemed a blue one to go with my black 3DS. And now I have a red XL lol. But I do really like the pouch; it's all that I really need since I really don't travel with it much nowadays. If I have the coins to spare and they come back into stock, I may order a red one (but I'm currently hoarding my current coins in vein hopes of the XL charging cradles ever being restocked).

Grief.exe

The DSi XL Power A one that was posted earlier in this thread, thanks for that by the way ;)
Took the red one, since it fits with the Zelda XL. Was kind of a bitch to find around here, and looks a bit like a lady's wallet, but I like it.

img_20131219_16285948upg.jpg

Excuse the crappy pics.

That looks great, where do you get something like that?

11056743755_76421515a5_c.jpg

All day, ssssonnnn

Although, gotta say, I'm partial to that MH4 case.

This is what I use.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
i looked at them again and XL systems aren't listed in compatibility

They don't list it, but they look big enough to get an XL in there.

It's pretty good. I bought it just to fill out my MH4 order, but wasn't really expecting it to be so useful for carrying both of my XLs around.

Why do you carry two XL's around?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
That looks great, where do you get something like that?
Depending on where you live:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004T9PKY4/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0035LBLW2/

For the price, it's really good quality. Could be that the elastic strip doesn't hold forever, it's embossed with 'DSi XL" on the inside (it's a licensed product) and it's not genuine leather, but it get's the job done and looks nice.

Edit: don't pay the 30 bucks someone on amazon wants for it. RRP was $15 or something,

DonMigs85

Where did you get this one and for how much???

I ask because I think Wal-Mart totally ripped that design off, I just bought this case for $5 at Wal-Mart for my 3DS XL, its branded as ICON

At some local game shop for the equivalent of around $14. I guess it's a generic design several companies use.
By the way, your 3DS XL is upside down in there :p

JLynn

Guys I need your help identifying this case. I got this from my coworker today as a surprise gift and IMO it's better than the Amazon Basics hardcase I got. Only gripe is it's a soft case with a flimsy plastic card to provide sturdiness. I dunno if this case was sold by itself or some kind of combo pack.

The front

RIfc7CAl.jpg

The zipper

9mFZ0DGl.jpg

Opened. It holds a whopping twelve games. Eight on top...

btCbEvcl.jpg

And four on the pouch area

6JIseZDl.jpg

There's also a handy stylus holder on its spine

ishZ0jil.jpg

What it looks like nearly filled up. I had to wrap a microfiber cloth on top of the upper portion of the 3DS XL because my favorite stylus is aluminum and I don't want my precious scratched.

Q42Sqg3l.jpg

This is the tag. It's a Power A brand (AKA BD & A) And when I google the RN number I get no matches. I wanna get another one and see if it comes in other colors. Help me DetectiveGAF!!

KUlPuuxl.jpg

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I use this when I travel a decent distance.

It holds the system, a couple extra styluses, and has slots for 3 games. I also use a couple of plastic games cases if I want to bring more games.

When I'm just in town or heading to my wife's, I use the red reversible pouch.

I have this preordered for February. If I decide to get the DQM2 3DS I'll keep it for that, otherwise I'll replace my reversible pouch with it.

GAME-0010359.jpg

milkham

I use this when I travel a decent distance.
It holds the system, a couple extra styluses, and has slots for 3 games. I also use a couple of plastic games cases if I want to bring more games.

Does that fit an XL? i found it on amazon in addition to peach, and mario versions but sounds like its for og 3ds, dslite etc and not the XL versions.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007771JIQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

EDIT: nevermind I see in the zoomed in shot of the packaging that it says it can hold a DSi XL so it should work

Actually I'm all the way in the Philippines but I believe Big Ben is meant for Europe

ok thanks, does the front of yours look like that one? the picture you showed has a smooth top, or is that the back of it?

milkham

I got this for my brother. Will post photos of it in use when we get it~

It's gonna look so good against the blue of the XL. @_@

yeah definitely give us photos that looks awesome.

oh btw for any of you guys who are in new york, i went by the nintendo store yesterday and they have the hori tpu covers there, i only saw red and blue though.

It's just plain red EVA on both sides but it does have a fabric texture.
ok thanks for the info, i added your pics and a link to that europe thing in the OP

Top Bottom