• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your Gaming resolutions for 2022?

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
To enjoy gaming again. I feel games are fetch quests and I'd rather work than pay to work virtually.

Systems I've been most playing in the last year are my Wii U and PC Engine mini. PS5 I finished FFVII Intergrade and that's it. Currently enjoying Train Sim World 2 as I find it relaxing.

Sometimes I feel about gaming the same way Q feels about the continuum.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Been thinking about it. My resolution this year will be to quit gaming for good, or at least have a full year off gaming anyway.

I really cut my gaming time down in 2021 and it did wonders for my mental health, productivity and my relationship.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ
Finish my backlog and by finish I mean 100% achievements.

Games included are

Sea of Thieves
Master Chief Collection
Halo Infinite
Crysis 3 Remastered
Crysis 2 Remastered
Need for Speed Heat
Forza Horizon 5
Riders Republic
Far Cry 6
Serious Sam HD Collection (Almost done)
Psychonauts 2 (Almost done)
Outriders
The Ascent
Diablo 2 Ressurected
Grim Dawn The Definitive Edition
Quake
Back 4 Blood
Humankind

Games that I already did 100% are

Biomutant
Aliens Fireteam Elite
Dodgeball Academia
Twelve Minutes
Crysis Remastered

Last edited:

Azzurri

Actually play them, LMAO.

For some reason I just can't myself to start a game, or if I do I play like an hour or two then stop.

The only game(s) I actually play are WoW and FFXIV or other MMORPGS.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President

Games included are

Sea of Thieves
Master Chief Collection
Crysis 3 Remastered
Crysis 2 Remastered
Need for Speed Heat
Forza Horizon 5
Riders Republic
Far Cry 6
Outriders
The Ascent
Diablo 2 Ressurected
Quake
Back 4 Blood
Humankind

Biomutant
Aliens Fireteam Elite
Dodgeball Academia
Twelve Minutes
Crysis Remastered

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

Kabelly

I'm gonna upgrade my whole tv video game setup. been rocking my Sony Bravia 1080p for a while now and while it's a great tv the LG C1 is pretty much everything I want in a tv for gaming.
Gonna build a nice PC, buy a Dualsense to pair it with steam and download FlickStick to play with gyro aim since Sony refuses to use the motion sensor in the controller.

Those mp games are impossible
Hahahaha. No. And which MP games perhaps be a bit clearer?

Diablo 2 Ressurected and Grim Dawn can both be done Solo Offline.

Sea of Thieves I am roughly halfway done.

Hardest game on list is Diablo 2 Resurrected with 2nd hardest Halo Master Chief Collection only because of LASO.

Last edited:
Well good luck beating my GS

Morgan Freeman GIF by Regal
I don't care for Gamerscore whatsoever. I have over 70 or so Platinums on PS account. I care about a completion rate and the difficulty of the games. A overall solid completion rate is much more worthy than a ton of Gamerscore. Anyone can go in and play a ton of stuff from Game Pass, never finish any games and they'll ended up with a bloated number and horrific profile with scattered percentages.

I cringe when I see those completion rates. Low completionn% means that the individual is lazy, lacks skills because not able to complete certain challenges, not determined and not goal oriented whatsoever. That may sound harsh, but that's the way I see it. Obviously there are people who don't care for achievements but that's different, but bragging about a gamerscore if more than half of your games are not 100% is a joke. (Not talking about you specifically, this is a general statement, I haven't seen your profile so.i can't judge)

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
More acquisitions by Sony.
60fps performance or performance RT mode for majority of games.
No more cross gen games.
More single player games.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
I don't care for Gamerscore whatsoever. I have over 70 or so Platinums on PS account. I care about a completion rate and the difficulty of the games. A overall solid completion rate is much more worthy than a ton of Gamerscore. Anyone can go in and play a ton of stuff from Game Pass, never finish any games and they'll ended up with a bloated number and horrific profile with scattered percentages.

I cringe when I see those completion rates. Low completionn% means that the individual is lazy, lacks skills because not able to complete certain challenges, not determined and not goal oriented whatsoever. That may sound harsh, but that's the way I see it. Obviously there are people who don't care for achievements but that's different, but bragging about a gamerscore if more than half of your games are not 100% is a joke. (Not talking about you specifically, this is a general statement, I haven't seen your profile so.i can't judge)

You do you but there will come a point where you dont care about them anymore. My backlog is 100+

johnny storm GIF

You do you but there will come a point where you dont care about them anymore. My backlog is 100+

johnny storm GIF
I get what you are saying. I ran into the same issue with PS profile. Although my backlog is way less than that, prolly roughly 20 or so games on PS.

I still care though, I am just a lot more selective now of the games I play and enjoy.

Finally solo grind apex legends to masters. I always quite the first few games of diamond. Also finish re7. Been to scary, but I have a feeling my balls are gonna drop this spring.

Finally solo grind apex legends to masters. I always quite the first few games of diamond. Also finish re7. Been to scary, but I have a feeling my balls are gonna drop this spring.
Dude I tried to like Apex Legends so many times. I liked it when it first came out it was the brand new craze but overtime the shooting and gunplay started to feel so bad for me. The visuals are also boring to me.

Grats on your Masters though. That's dedication right there!

RE7 was amazing.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Try to finish Demon’s Souls.

Play more VR.

Play more games I usually avoid on Gamepass.

Keep on working on my own game.

Dude I tried to like Apex Legends so many times. I liked it when it first came out it was the brand new craze but overtime the shooting and gunplay started to feel so bad for me. The visuals are also boring to me.

Grats on your Masters though. That's dedication right there!

RE7 was amazing.
Looks like trash but the movement and gunplay are top tier for me. Different strokes though I guess

TLZ

Banned
Been thinking about it. My resolution this year will be to quit gaming for good, or at least have a full year off gaming anyway.

I really cut my gaming time down in 2021 and it did wonders for my mental health, productivity and my relationship.
So was gaming the cause of your mental health issues? Or did it just not help? I'm curious.

Chastten

Banned
Make my Switch collection 'complete'. Not all games or anything, just all the games I'm interested in. I started this when Corona began in early 2020 so it's an ongoing project and it will continue in 2023, I'm sure. I've played and finished roughly 70 games since then so I guess I'm halfway or something? Still plenty of stuff from the backlog as well as a lot of new games that are coming out this year (Bayonetta 3, pretty please?).

Play more PC-games. I have a fairly capable PC and all I play on it is Genshin Impact and recently some Age of Empires IV with friends. There's stuff I have been interested in, sometimes for years or even decades, but I just never really got around to it, because I had other stuff going on and prefer consoles over PC generally. There's old stuff like Tera and Soulworker I wanna experience before they're taken down for good, recent stuff like Century: Age of Ashes that I just haven't found the time for to start up and new games coming up next year like Lost Ark that look like my cup of tea. So many games, so little time. Even with Covid I have accepted that I'll never be able to play all the games I want to play, but still, I'd like to give some more PC-games a fair shot.

On the topic of PC-games, I wanna build a retro Windows XP gaming machine. Nothing ultimate or something, just a mid 2000's setup like I had back in the day such as an Athlon 64 x2 or something, just with some modern tweaks like an SSD, quiet fans and a modern case with cable management. Most retro games I have run perfectly fine on my Win10 machine so it's not really needed or anything, just something I wanna do for fun.

And on the topic of retro stuff - lately I have been watching a bit of old anime from back in the day. Stuff I liked 20ish years ago, stuff I never finished or just - once again - never got around to watching. I would like to continue doing that. Watch at least one series a month or something.

1. Finally play RE2make, been putting it off for 2 years now.
2. Play through Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne.
3. Play Persona 5 Royal
4. Stop buying so many new games and never get to the above.
5. Redo my top 10 games of all time list, it’s time for an update.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
So was gaming the cause of your mental health issues? Or did it just not help? I'm curious.

It wasn't the cause, but it certainly wasn't helping either.

I'm not blaming games for my issues, or am I saying that reducing my gaming time was the magic bullet that fixed my depression. However, spending less times on games allowed me more time to better myself. I started to read more, make more time for the gym, focused more time on my career and used the free time from gaming to pursue more activities that I didn't have the time for, such as learning new languages and study for another degree.

Betting myself and spending more time on other activities beside gaming made me not only a lot more happier, but also enriched my life in ways I thought were impossible over a year ago.

I don't want this post to come across as me preaching the benefits of giving up gaming. If you really enjoy gaming and are content then by all means carry on. If that is what you love then carry on doing it. However, for me personally, that reduced gaming time worked wonders on my life. Maybe a year free from gaming will work even better for me. I might then give it up for good. Who knows.

Last edited:

ACESHIGH

Banned
- Never preorder
- Keep getting into retro gaming and specially sixth gen games since I missed that gen.
- Play the EPIC game store freebies
- Don't buy that many games this year. Specially if I won't play them right away.
- Get a chinese portable by the end of the year (Retroid Pocket 3 if released)

xrnzaaas

+1 to 1080p (PC) and 4K (consoles) club ;)

I don't have any resolutions, because I know I'll break them and my backlog is only going to get bigger. I'll definitely play more games on the Xbox this year, not just stick with PS4/PS5.

SCB3

Getting my backlog down a lot more and only buying games I know I'll play and finish, too many RPG's this year on switch that I need to get back to

Cutting down on Destiny more as well, still playing all the expansions and completing the Exotic quests and Seasonal stuff, but I wanna play more stuff than it now

Diddy X

-Finish atleast 1% of my backlog.
-Not buy a single game.
-Play only on weekends.

In summary, be a responsible man.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I resolve to find a new Xbox controller where none of the face buttons stick right out of the box. Just opened a brand new controller on Friday and the X button is hanging up.

Y0ssarian

Banned
Also, I beat Yakuza 0, Kiwami & Kiwami 2 in 2021. If I could beat 3, 4 & 5 Remastered in 2022 that'd be pretty good

rolandss

Buy only games I know I’ll actually enjoy. 2021 was a rather mediocre year in gaming for me. A new console launch year is inevitably pretty dry but after getting a PS5 In Feb, there’s been nothing about this new gen of games (or lack of them) that has made me feel like I even got a new console. I bought a bunch of games I didn’t think I’d enjoy because there was nothing to play and largely I was right. This year, I’ll stick to games I know I’ll like.

PolterGhast07

Neo Member
Probably play through all the Half Life expansions. I've played 1 and 2, and own all of the expansions (except for Decay) which I bought in a Steam sale a little whiles back, but never touched them.

I guess that should be my primary goal in terms of this year, other than getting into more jRPGs. I played Nier and Yakuza, dug them and their settings, and am looking forward to playing more of them. I'll wait until SMT V goes on sale or releases on PC, then I'll probably play it.

PolterGhast07

Neo Member

Games included are

Sea of Thieves
Master Chief Collection
Halo Infinite
Crysis 3 Remastered
Crysis 2 Remastered
Need for Speed Heat
Forza Horizon 5
Riders Republic
Far Cry 6
Outriders
The Ascent
Diablo 2 Ressurected
Quake
Back 4 Blood
Humankind

Biomutant
Aliens Fireteam Elite
Dodgeball Academia
Twelve Minutes
Crysis Remastered
Does the MCC have achivments tied to beating the games on Legendary? If so, lol, good luck buddy, we'll all be cheering you on.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Probably play through all the Half Life expansions. I've played 1 and 2, and own all of the expansions (except for Decay) which I bought in a Steam sale a little whiles back, but never touched them.

I guess that should be my primary goal in terms of this year, other than getting into more jRPGs. I played Nier and Yakuza, dug them and their settings, and am looking forward to playing more of them. I'll wait until SMT V goes on sale or releases on PC, then I'll probably play it.
Opposing Force is neat! Blue Shift tho... kinda shitty.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
PS5:
Complete Horizon Zero Dawn before Forbidden West release.
Ghostrunner
SIFU
Gran Turismo 7
Witcher 3 (nextgen version)
Cyberpunk 2077 (nextgen version)
Try God of War again before Ragnarok
GTA5 E&E with friends
Get to masters in Apex Legends with friends
Diablo 2 (ladder) with friends

Dreamcast:
Xeno Crisis

SNES:
Chrono Trigger

PC:
Starfield (if I can get a GPU that's not overpriced)

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
To beat Elden Ring. That‘s the first gaming thing I’d like to do and then do NG+. I have 4 games ordered and that covers me for a while. There’s a couple gaming related books I would like to finish. Outside of that I’d like to learn Japanese. I have a trip to Japan planned for 4 years from now. I really hope that it works out.

Top Bottom