• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What compilations do you want to see next?

Not so much a collection, but I want a Twisted Metal trilogy (not counting 3 and 4 obviously) using the TMBlack engine and featuring all the characters and most of the levels from the three games.

A GOOD Street Fighter not let put all the SF2 characters in a clusterfuck playing crappiest SF2( that being SF2 Super Turbo)
A FULL zelda Collection...I want my LttP damn it!
Super Mario Allstars 2
Castlevania
FF...or at least a remake/update of FF3
Residnet Evil would be cool

Soul4ger

Castlevania
And if you're going to do Shining Force, you should put CD on there, as well as the Premium Disc SFIII stuff. Also, the Final Conflict GG title would be a great addition, too, since that was "Japan-only."

belgurdo

Banned
Saint Cornelius said:
All of Psiyko's SHUMPs on one (or two) disc (s).
miko3.jpg

Boobie Miko approves this idea

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
its probably been mentioned (no i didnt read through pages of lists) but

give me model1, model 2 and model 3 comps

Ranger X

Castlevania Collection. Every titles that came out before Symphony of The Night. All title would be with updated "Symphony Of The Night-like controls".

This will never happen, considering almost all were based on licensed properties, but I'd go nuts for a Konami beat-em-up collection:

TMNT
Turtles in Time
Sunset Riders
Cowboys of Moo Mesa
GI Joe (ok, not exactly beat-em-up but it came out at the same time and had 4p support)
Asterix
Bucky O'Hare
Metamorphic Force

and whichever others I'm forgetting. All with 4p support (except the ones that were 2p to begin with, like Asterix) and sound tests.

I'd like certain publishers to do arcade compilations in particular genres.

For instance Namco needs to release an arcade perfect PS2 version of Phelios and some of it's other fabulous top down shooters.

I'd also like some classic Namco lightgun games. Namely Steel Gunner 1 & 2. Before Virtua Cop, these were the only shooting games that I really enjoyed. Actually that's incorrect, Turkey Shoot/Hunt was a lot of fun in the arcade.

I'd love to see Capcom and Konami release some of their beat'em ups in compilations.

I'd also love to see Data East compilations. The Avengers rocked! :D

a DOA Collection would be nice... they'd need to include:
Arcade DOA
Saturn DOA
PlayStation DOA
Arcade DOA++
Arcade DOA2
Arcade DOA2 Millennium Edition
DreamCast DOA2
PlayStation2 DOA2
DreamCast DOA2LE
PlayStation2 Hard*Core
Xbox DOA3
Xbox DOA3.1

and how about a Mario Party collection...

belgurdo

Banned
AniHawk said:
What the hell is wrong with her face?

She has different expressions in every cutscene. I guess this is her "confident" face

Speaking of which, why are you looking at her face?

TheDiave

Banned
The one I'd like to see would be a sort of Konami Cartoon Classics Collection... Have TMNT, TMNT2, Simpsons, and X-Men.

Of course part of that wish is being granted (I hope) with the unlockables in the second "new" TMNT game for GC.

Kudie

CrisKre said:
There absolutely NEEDS to be a Catlevania compilation with all Nes games, Bloodlines and Super, Symphony OTN, Dracula X and the GBA titles (you can leave the Game boy ones out ;)).

N64 ones could be in there as well.

I agree. I never played the NES and N64 versions.

Rhage

Final Fantasy Collection (ALL)
Square Retro Collection (Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger and the old-school Final Fantasy games)
Castlevania Collection (ALL)
Mario Collection (ALL)
Zelda Collection (ALL)
Metroid Collection (ALL)

How about a compilation of every freaking Japanese RPG we didn't get because Madden-buying dipshits wouldn't buy them. That would be a nice compilation. I would buy that.

Neutron Night said:
How about a compilation of every freaking Japanese RPG we didn't get because Madden-buying dipshits wouldn't buy them. That would be a nice compilation. I would buy that.

Not how I'd say it, but I have to agree. I want Romancing Saga, Atelier, Fire Emblem, Megami, Dragon Quest, Star Ocean, Soul Blazer, and Front Mission compilations.

swoon

MightyHedgehog said:
An 8-bit Rare collection would be nice...not counting the licensed stuff or stuff they did, but do not own the IP...it'd still be a pretty nice collection.

Oh and Treasure Box needs to happen already.

oh man. rc pro am 2 would be fucking amazing on a comp.

also any collection that would have snatcher/policenauts

I would like a complete Shinobi collection
with he arcade shinobi, and shadow dancer, plus revenge of shinobi , the Genesis Dhadow dancer and shinobi 3 : the Ninja master. This time no butchered sound like the genesis collection on the Dreamcast.

Agent X

OK, here's my wish list:

1. Collection of Activision's Commodore 64 games. They did one years ago called Commodore 64 15 Pack, shortly after Windows 95 came out. It was one of the first pieces of entertainment software made specifically for Windows 95. It was pretty impressive for its time, but the sound emulation was rather shoddy (too bad, because C64 had a wicked sound chip), and it doesn't work very well under Windows XP.

2. Collection of Epyx's Commodore 64 games. Everyone should experience the true wonders of 8-bit gaming that are Jumpman and Jumpman Junior, and of course Impossible Mission! (I've never played Impossible Mission II, so this would be a good opportunity for me to catch up!) Throw in the "Games" series (Summer Games, Winter Games, California Games to name the most popular examples), the Apshai series, Pitstop, Pitstop II, Super Cycle, and maybe a few others, and you just might have one of the best compilations ever. And I do mean ever.

3. Castlevania collection. Like others have said in this thread, I'd like to see it include Dracula X, because I've never played it, and this would probably be my only real chance at ever sitting down wth it.

4. Lemmings collection.

5. Collection of Atari Lynx games. I'd include most of the early Epyx-developed games such as California Games, Blue Lightning, Electrocop, Gates of Zendocon, Chip's Challenge, Todd's Adventures in Slime World, and Zarlor Mercenary. You could also add some of Atari's in-house originals like Warbirds, Checkered Flag, and maybe a couple of other third-party developed (but Atari-published) puzzle games like Crystal Mines II and Super Skweek. I doubt I'll ever really see this, but if there's any justice in the world, Atari should consider making this happen for newer handhelds like the Sony PSP, Nintendo DS, or Tapwave Zodiac.

firex

White Man said:
Best of LGS compilation, featuring System Shock 1 and 2 and Thief 1 and 2.
Well, as far as I know EA's sitting on the license to the Shock games or we'd probably see them... but you can get a Thief and Thief 2 compilation pretty easily from Eidos. Just wish it had Thief Gold instead of vanilla Thief 1 (not that Thief 1 sucks, hell no... just that I'd like to have Thief Gold).

K

Kwokuen

Unconfirmed Member
How could I forget glorious R-type... They could even throw in that bastard child known as R-type Leo.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
we really need more and better sega classic arcade compilations. the early am2 stuff is pretty well covered, but outside of that there are dozens of great sega arcade games that have never been adequately ported. shinobi and shadow dancer are probably the most notable - it'd be fantastic if sega tossed them in with the next 3d shinobi game, or did a proper compilation along with the genesis and game gear games.

Hero

1. Super Mario Bros. - After the GBA SMA series starts to die down in sales, PLEASE make it. Come on Iwata, let NST do it.

2. Contra - What do you want me to say?

3. Kirby - I'm thinking like Kirby Super Star. But more super.

4. Metroid. (At least the 2D ones)

5. Final Fantasy - Call it Final Fantasy Memories or something. Never happen though, Square would milk them on GBA/PS.

6. Not really a collection, but I'd like a Mario Party Compilation. All the mini-games from all the installments. Every game has had one or two gems which my friends and I love to death. ( Mario Party 1 = Bumper Balls, Mario Party 4 = Book Squirm ) Have them all in one game! Give more customizable options please.

7. Mega Man X - Not fucked up this time, please.

8. Donkey Kong

Agent X said:
2. Collection of Epyx's Commodore 64 games. Everyone should experience the true wonders of 8-bit gaming that are Jumpman and Jumpman Junior, and of course Impossible Mission! (I've never played Impossible Mission II, so this would be a good opportunity for me to catch up!) Throw in the "Games" series (Summer Games, Winter Games, California Games to name the most popular examples), the Apshai series, Pitstop, Pitstop II, Super Cycle, and maybe a few others, and you just might have one of the best compilations ever. And I do mean ever.

5. Collection of Atari Lynx games. I'd include most of the early Epyx-developed games such as California Games, Blue Lightning, Electrocop, Gates of Zendocon, Chip's Challenge, Todd's Adventures in Slime World, and Zarlor Mercenary. You could also add some of Atari's in-house originals like Warbirds, Checkered Flag, and maybe a couple of other third-party developed (but Atari-published) puzzle games like Crystal Mines II and Super Skweek. I doubt I'll ever really see this, but if there's any justice in the world, Atari should consider making this happen for newer handhelds like the Sony PSP, Nintendo DS, or Tapwave Zodiac.

I love you. You just named off almost all of the most important and fun games of my early youth in one fell swoop, and I couldn't agree more! Hell, I'd pay full price just for a GBA port of the LYNX version of California Games. I've probably spent more time playing that game than Tetris, and that's no lie.

Rlan

How different is the Lynx version of California games? The Megadrive game was dodgy, but the Masyer System version rocked.

Do. Dodo do do do. do *Throws Frisbee*

Top Bottom