• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what did you wanna be when you grew up??

Coconutt

Gold Member
Are you AI? What will you do with this information?
Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
I wanted to be an animator. I worked hard to be an animator. Then i became an animator. Then i lived as a successful animator for 17 years. Then i left being an animator.

And now im jobless, dreamless, hopeless, and so lost, with no mentors and no idea of what to do.

sometimes i wish i didnt commit to knowing what i wanted to do as a kid.

I wanted to be a "doctor seagull" when I was 2 or 3. Whatever that is.

Oh wait it's this:

vcdaL1N.jpeg

I guess I wanted to give up being human to make the other seagulls not be sick.

HAYA8U5A

An astronaut. I have a fear of flying but I guess kid me didn't know that yet......

Or was just too dumb to function!

dumb the simpsons GIF

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
My first ever dream jobs that I remember were astronomer and pro athlete. I've been hardcore into science and sports when I was a kid so it makes sense.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Funnily enough, a games journalist since I was quite young. Went to University for journalism, absolutely hated it, quit within a month and just went into computing (programming) like I inevitably always would have done.

It was ultimately a good thing. I was born too late - I usually hate when people use that phrase, but in this specific content, it's right. The games journalism I wanted to do as a kid doesn't really exist now and I don't want to be a Youtuber.

Sleepwalker

Football (soccer player)

One broken femur, one torn ACL, one chronically dislocating shoulder cap and 4 surgeries later, that didn't pan out!

It was a hell of a ride.

Top Bottom