• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you do when you're consuming food??????

What do you do when you're consuming food??????

• nothing, I just eat

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • I watch tv/youtube/smartphone/similar

Votes: 39 75.0%
  • something else

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters

deafmedal

I eat out alone a lot. Sitting there all by my lonely I turn to my external electronic appendage for comfort, often while listening to music to drown out the cheerful banter of other people engaged in conversation with friends and loved ones. I get somewhat perturbed when the wait staff tries to make small talk with me, fuck your pity- leave me to wallow in sorrow with my imaginary friends! Even worse when the servants flirt with me. Begone thot, thou arts belowith me!

Ever so often I do get excited when I can eavesdrop on some couple going through the paces of their laughable mating rituals... I sneer to myself and think “what a dork, hope he has money otherwise no ass for him!”

I take pictures of my food. Not to post on Twittergram or Facespace or whatever you hipsters and Sally Soccermoms are into these days. No, I text them to my wife to rub it in her face what a proper fucking meal looks like. I would invite her but the bruises...

Also, I like to criticize the restaurant and threaten to leave bad reviews BEFORE my food has been prepared. I let them KNOW I am not to be trifled with.

I travel for work and eat by myself a lot. My phone stays out and on, usually texting with my wife and browsing my fav forums/reddit/imgur. When I am home and the whole family is eating together we try to leave the devices out of it...

Bathe in the blood of my enemies

giphy.gif

-Arcadia-

Banned
Alone, I just like to think about planning the day, thoughts in my head, etc., and enjoy the meal. There’s something really meditative and soothing about that to me.

I will pick up my phone if I’m currently enjoying something on it, but otherwise, I try not to. I think I, and most people, have way too much of an addiction to mindlessly scrolling for entertainment, versus spending that time doing or thinking of anything meaningful.

With others (that matter to me), no phones ever. I just thoroughly enjoy my lunch or dinner, and talking to the other person.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
i watch a ton of tv/movies while eating if a tv is a available usually i watch it while eating dinner. i don't enjoy meals they're just fuel & I eat them often and they're usually the same meals & thus they're never special unfortunately but it is what it is.

TIMSTER_777

I usually have my phone with me when I am eating. (Scrolling through reddit/neogaf)

I have a tv in the kitchen but cable tv sucks these days so I don't bother using it.

Diddy X

Doesn't sound good, it means you need stimulus and can't stay calm in peace without it, I also sometimes feel like that but let's say I'm eating out I try to relax and read something or maybe talk to someone old style.

DonJorginho

Banned
I cannot eat without some form of video on in the background, I do not know why, I just feel naked without a video to watch whilst guzzling down on a fresh curry.

Meowzers

I cook my food and as soon as it's done I watch a movie or TV show.

Last time I ate a meal without watching TV was on Xmas day. Which makes things trickier when trying to lose fat.

We have two under 1 and another two under 4, so my wife and i are usually also feeding the youngest while we ourselves eat and making sure the older kids are not making a big mess.

TV is always off at meals and we sit together, the current conversations are usually about Peppa pig, Paw Patrol or in the few instances my wife and i get to talk its my wife telling me why this thinks this model/tv host/singer/instagram thot is ugly/a slut. My wife is adamant that this is how meals will always be, no external influence just us talking, im perfectly ok with that.

Chew and digest.

Unless you meant while consuming food, then it would depend on the location. Sometimes you consume food while watching your TV, on the phone, in the shower, taking a dump, you know.

Top Bottom