• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game announcement would make you go nuts? Your dream game?

SinDelta

Age of Mythology Remake/2
Ace Combat 8
Bleach RPG
Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 Remaster (And given the first Remasters success...)
Dragon Quest XII/Adventure of Dai full on adaptation
Diablo Soul-like - Like some of the rumors for 4 were leaning toward
Dead Space 3 that Retcons 3
Dragons Crown 2
Dragons Dogma 2
Gravity Rush 3
Golden Sun 1/2 Remakes
New Golden Sun
Jade Empire Remake/2
Kotor Remake (Supposedly happening, but track record of the studio doing it makes it look like a curling Monkeys paw)
Full Metal Alchemist RPG
Fairy Tail RPG
Hellsing - RPG/X-Com/full on action
Murmusha The Demon Blade: Remaster/Remake ported to PS4/5/ and or Switch
Magi RPG
Naruto RPG
Pirate RPG taking advantage of Black Flags mechanics and innovations combined with a little bit of Sid Meier's Pirates and Monkey Island. (Can't believe this still has yet to happen.)
Ocarina of Time Remake
One Piece RPG
Rise of Nations Remake
Skies of Arcadia Remake
Star Wars capital ship game ala Battle Star Galactica Deadlock or Gothic Armada 1/2
I second a prior suggestion for a Witcher 1 Remake
Warhammer Fantasy RPG on a Dragon Age scale
Warhammer 40K RPG on a Mass Effect scale
Xenoblade 3
Xenoblade X Port for Switch
A Soul-like taking Middle Eastern influence
A Zelda title done by Vanilaware
A Zelda title done by Monolith Soft

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Hm... It's really hard to get me excited these days... Old man and shit... but...

- Silent Hill Remake/Reboot/Sequel
- Metal Gear Solid Remake/Reboot
- Dino Crisis Remake/Reboot/Sequel
- Proper TES6 announcement with gameplay

That shit would prolly excite me quite a lot.

Oh, and Bloodborne... 60 fps patch. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Full remake/soft reboot of Eternal Darkness with updated Sanity effects for the modern era! Scare those zoomers into an early grave!

Actually this is brilliant. Make it mandatory to sign in with any of the big social media platforms and during gameplay show their accounts with zero likes or pretend their profile pic is replaced by a dick pic. Make it happen Nintendo!

Mabdia

A real remake of Final Fantasy VII with turn based battle system. Also a remake of Chrono Trigger and Cross without changing the battle system.

I'm sick of seeing good RPG became action games.

TheRobot

A new Rock band with more instruments
Twisted Metal
Midnight club
Rocksmith with online multi-player
Bulletstorm 2.

Bloodborne 2

A Saint Seiya RPG like Dragon Ball Kakarot

An RPG Star Wars game made by ND or Santa Monica

A full-budget Nier 3

Remake of Eternal Darkness

Remake of Primal

A real remake of Final Fantasy VII with turn based battle system.

This game was announced on the Square event. It's the FFVII for mobile.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I’m a simple man;

tenor.gif

Developed by Moon was the dream.

And we did have those discussions. Like hey, wouldn’t it be really cool. If at E3, Phil would go on stage and, like, you would see a Banjo 3 thing. And it’s, like, it brings up Moon Studios. You know that kind of thing. I think people would really love that. But, I mean, at the same time, as a business, to see where we will be heading but yeah

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
A HD Remake or Megman Legends 1 & 2, bonus points if it includes the spin off title The Missadventures of Tron Bonne.

Considering this was mid life PSX title its aged incredibly well.

Alternatively just restart development of Megaman Legends 3 Capcom, please.

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Beatmania on any modern console. Konami haven't released a home version of the game on anything since the PS2 - but it's Konami, so makes sense they would make a dumb business decision which leaves piles of money on the table.

The only way to currently get into IIDX is to buy a Japanese PS2, a long out of production IIDX controller, and to import the many many games they released on the platform. Either that or buy an arcade machine (where you need to pay a subscription/service fee to actually access the songs).

Kupfer

Dreamgame?

>S.T.A.L.K.E.R. MMO with the level of hardcore gameplay like DAYZ but with a lower focus on suriving.
>Despite it's MMO, it's still storybased with a strong campaign, which you can play with a friend.
>Missions play different when playing alone or with a friend.
>complex world simulation, NPC's and animals have lifes.
>you can switch to private game for playing with a friend and without getting killed by KOS'ers
>NPC's going to recognize you, you gain popularity and reputation according to your gameplay

Disco Elysium Artstyle and dialogue + Divinity Original Sin 2 gameplay + set in a lore rich world in a post apocalyptic fantasy world.

That would be lit.

DelireMan7

Warcraft 4 (RTS)
Half-life 3
Dark Souls 4 or another Souls title
Garou : Mark of the Wolves 2 (2D, sprite based)

I don't think it need a sequel and I don't really want it but if Bloodborne 2 is announced I would go crazy probably.

NahaNago

I'd say a Jak and Daxter reboot or a new game.
A new Onimusha would do it as well. I was really hoping that they were working on one but I think the sales of the Onimusha port scared them away I'm guessing.
Mega man legends reboot. I've been waiting on a new chapter on this series. On the otherhand I didn't like the direction of the mml3 leak.

I think that is about it for the nuts portion.

For the wish list portion that wouldn't make me go nuts it would be
  • Rhapsody I loved the ps1 game and honestly want a new Rhapsody game
  • shadow hearts is such a weird series. I'm pretty sure it's dead but I'd still like a new game.
  • a new magna carta game. I don't think the style of the characters would work in this day and age but I really did enjoy the game.
Think that is about it. I already got most of my legendary dream games even if they were disappointing (ff7r)

Thirty7ven

Banned
I want a sci fi bounty hunter game in the style of Cowboy Bebop with stealth, hand to hand combat, shooting, chase sequences, that takes us to other planets/space cities, made by Naughty Dog.

That would make me crazy hyped.

Raonak

Banned
One Piece

Imagine the entire one piece story ( once completed). As an Action RPG. All strawhat and some guest characters. Goes through every arc as a separate semi open area. Boss fights galore. No story is skipped.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Resident Evil 0 but it actually focuses on STARS Bravo Team and how they were killed off in the Spencer Mansion.

I'd be happy for Capcom to just simply release the OG 96 RE on modern platforms, bonus points if they included the uncensored color intro and Kenneth decapitation scene. That game needs to be future proof. No Director's Cut, alternate OST, auto-aim nonsense. People need to experience how the game was when it released and why it still holds up 25 years later.

OneBigPuss

Resident Evil 0 but it actually focuses on STARS Bravo Team and how they were killed off in the Spencer Mansion.

I'd be happy for Capcom to just simply release the OG 96 RE on modern platforms, bonus points if they included the uncensored color intro and Kenneth decapitation scene. That game needs to be future proof. No Director's Cut, alternate OST, auto-aim nonsense. People need to experience how the game was when it released and why it still holds up 25 years later.
Im just waiting for RE 1 Seamless HD Project.

S0ULZB0URNE

Elden Ring is my dream game but that's already a thing.

Brute Force 2!

I kid i kid(but I would want that)

With todays tech my adventure games listed can be either 2D or 3D.

Castlevania
Starfox with online multiplayer.
Bloodborne 2
Crysis 4
Killzone 5
Street Fighter Alpha 4
Star Wars BF 4
Titanfall 3
Shinobi
Rygar
Eternal Darkness 2
Magician Lord
BF Bad Company 3
Killer Instinct 2
Herzog Zwei 2
Bioshock
Thunderforce
Half Life 3
No Mercy 2
Legend of Zelda like BOTW but with dungeons

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
Im ready for a solid MMO so either Fallen Earth or Secret World. Both have the groundwork but were buried in ancient MMO systems.

- Sleeping Dogs 2
- Final Fantasy VIII remake
- A new UFC game done by Yuke's instead of the shit that is EA.
- Berserk game done by From Software.
- Nioh 3
- Cyberpunk as we all dreamt it to be.
- GTA set in Hong Kong.
- An open world Wuxia game with excellent visuals, combat and story done by Sucker Punch Productions.
- A new Fatal Frame with Playstation's level of production quality.
- A top tier level of production quality of a Romance of the Three Kingdoms game with combat smoothness like Nioh, set in an open world with deep strategy elements to build up your own empire and ways to command your army whilst in battle.
- A massive sci-fi game set in a rich unoverse done by Santa Monica Studio in collaboration with Naughty Dog.

Zannegan

Man, a straight port of Donkey Kong 64 would be absolutely great. Zero changes: just slap it on a kart, charge me $70 dollars, and I'll absolutely lose my mind over it, apparently.

Unironically, there are quite a few games in established genres that I'd be really hyped for. To name a few of the weirder ones...
...Star Fox reborn as a Mass Effect 1 clone
...Call of Duty or Battlefield: Rome
...ARMS reborn as a Halo 3-style arena shooter
...a new Banjo-Kazooie... in the Style of Nuts & Bolts

To name a few of the less weird...
...a sequel to Thief: Deadly Shadows, or, barring that, a modern clone
...a new Deus Ex
...a new inFamous
...a new Jedi Knight
...a new Kid Icarus... or, yes, even an Uprising port. Sigh...

There are also a few genres and mechanics that I'm always interested in: create-a-class TDM FPSs (none of this BR BS); anything with interesting physics; anything with interesting, fluid character movement; anything with interesting if not necessarily realistic A.I.; anything with multiple systems that interact, allowing the player to make their own fun; and, finally, the dream: an ARPG MMO that focuses on PVE but doesn't have itty-bitty environments and constantly repeating quests (looking at you Destiny).

And then there are all these tweaks/variations on popular themes and genres that I'd love to see tried, but, in an industry that prioritizes safe sequels, "A-to-Awesome" contextual gameplay, cinematic setpieces, and corridor level design, I don't hold out much hope.

Last edited:

Holammer

Arc System Works making a metroidvania employing the visual style and techniques of Xrd and Granblue Fantasy Versus.
It could be an entirely new IP, based on something like Sega's Shinobi series or it could even be a re-imaging of Symphony of the Night.
The end result would look glorious.

Top Bottom