• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game announcement would make you go nuts? Your dream game?

Bankai

Deus Ex 1 remake
Let's goooooooooo

artworks-000353036874-48xwco-t500x500.jpg

Also. a new Bioshock.

carlosrox

Banned
I'd say Dead Space is likely but after leaks and rumors didn't pan out for the Switch Pro I dunno what to believe. And it remains to be seen if this supposed remake/reboot will be good, but fingers crossed.

Metroid Dread was also already announced so scratch that one off.

F-Zero is one of my last few dreams left.

Wipeout, Silent Hill, Pilot Wings, Wave Race, Turok, Max Payne 4, a new Double Dragon or Final Fight with legitimate effort and budget put into it, a 2D Mario with hand drawn art like the instruction manuals, a new Unreal (single and MP), and Half-Life 3 are the ones I can think of quickest.

Oh yeah Goemon, Actraiser, Blood Dragon, and more...

FF6 remake
OOT remake
Half-Life remake
Max Payne 1 remake

Last edited:
Wow.. people's dream game is a remake. Imagination runs wild here in neogaf.

To me a Pokemon MMO done right. All the regions, VR capabilities, amazing graphics, events, the works.

Inxes

Dragon Quest VIII Remake with unlimited money. I would also be kinda hyped if they tried to remake FFXIII in open world and with few adjustments to the combat. Also no vehicle eon pls

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Lunar 3 by Studio Alex/Game Arts/ Working Designs back in business behind it

klosos

A sequel to Westwoods Late Nineties point and Click game , BladeRunner would be fantastic.
I know we have Baldurs Gate 3 incoming but id love a Baldurs Gate 1 & 2 remake in the Larian engine

Bigfroth

An open-world RPG set in the Forgotten Realms setting. The city of Waterdeep and the surrounding countryside along with Undermountain would be fully realized. PC/current-gen consoles only. when exploring Undermountain you can group up with other players if you like.

Belmonte

uhm...
Rf7843f9b63256bb630271f85372b1ea2

Hard Corps: Uprising is very different from Contra Hard Corps.

Gameplay, setting, art, story, all of it. Nobody would guess they are somewhat connected. Even Konami seems to acknowledges how different they are since there isn't even "Contra" in the name.

wvnative

220px-RaCbox.jpg

BLUEPOINT remake from the ground up of this wonderful game with updated controls, more checkpoints, maybe some extra content here and there, but MAINTAINING the tone and atmosphere of the original

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Little Big Adventure 3

Not sure it could ever live up to what it should be (the creator of the series hasn't really made anything of note since the 90s), but yeah, that's the one.

Last edited:
Rainbow 6 Vegas 3
MGS6
SOCOM Remaster
or
New SOCOM
PS Allstars 2
ModNation Racers 2!
Twisted Metal Remaster with online

Last edited:

amnesia

Little Big Adventure 3

Not sure it could ever live up to what it should be (the creator of the series hasn't really made anything of note since the 90s), but yeah, that's the one.
Oh man, that would be amazing. LBA2 is one of my favorite games ever.

I also want to see a Quake 1 reboot with the newest idtech engine.

Last edited:

NahaNago

A new go nuts dream for me would be an offline single player version of Final Fantasy 14 and 11. I really enjoyed ff14 back in the day before the reboot but I just can't seem to get myself to jump back in.

I would like a chill ghibli style game. Kiki's delivery service for the most relaxing and porco rosso delivering stuff and maybe some air battles just to mix it up.

Now that I think about it I would Disney to go back and redo some of their old games. A hercules game mostly based off the movie but with amazing visuals would be great. A Maui game based off his legends would be great as well.

A street fighter beat-em up. I always wanted a third person street fighter adventure game but I figure my best bet would be a beat-em up game.

I would personally like a video game that focused more on either India or Japan's mythology. Oh yeah, that got me thinking I really want a devil may cry prequel. We tend to hear so many stories surrounding Dante's dad that I figure Capcom could easily make a trilogy with his backstory. Which also reminds me of the fight Inuyasha and his brother had on their father's corpse.

A sequel to Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. If you're going to let an IP go dormant for a long time, at least finish the damn story. They left us with a cliff-hanger ending and no one knows if we'll ever get to finish it.

Also, still waiting for next-gen update of Cyberpunk 2077 for XSX and a whole lot of fixes that need to be made. I won't touch the game again until I know for certain I'm playing the best possible version available on console.

Last edited:
Metal Gear Solid 6
Metal Gear Solid remake
Ocarina of Time remake
Majoras Mask remake
Sonic Adventure 3
Disneyworld Adventure
Grand Theft Auto Vice City remake

Javthusiast

Banned
A ArcSys big budget One Piece fighting game with a balanced roster of more than 40 characters at launch.

A new fantastic Kojimbo trailer for a new ip.

Metal Gear Solid remake that is good unlike that trashfire Twin Snakes.

All mgs games in a collection fully remastered for ps4/5/ xbox series.

Last edited:

Popup

Descent VR - love the atmosphere and how disoriented you became in the original.

Marble Madness or Spin Dizzy with RT

Pixel Junk Eden sequel. Oddly, one of my favourite PS3 games. Hits all the right notes and that Garden 7 pulled you right into your screen.

Last edited:

Interfectum

Not sure what platform it would be on but I'd love to see a Mario and/or Zelda game that looked as good as the new R&C.

Far more down to earth wishes would be FF6 and Chrono Trigger remake using a style similar to Octopath.

Top Bottom