• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Finally beat the Delver boss in the Surge 2. He took a couple of tries (a lot, actually) because I had a hard time getting the parries right. It felt good to finally kick his ass. This game is great. Love it so far. I think the Surge-series is the best Souls-like that I've tried so far.

In Blasphemous I'm about to enter the new DLC Wounds of Eventide. Beat the first three bosses and got a hold of a special key. It's very impressive of Game Kitchen how they manage to tie their DLC expansions into the main story. They really change things up. Very excited to see how this will end up. Only downside so far is I'm on NG++ and it's kicking my fucking ass. The first hours before I got any upgrades were rough.

In NSMBU I'm in world 6 I think. Loving every second. You really can't go wrong with Mario, whether it's 2D or 3D. It's just quality through and through. Great fun.

Y0ssarian

Banned
Finished Mass Effect Andromeda main quest. Thinking about going back and doing some of the side content. Don't know if I should bother though, the game wasn't that great. Good though.

I got to like mission 5 or 6 of Otogi and "retired" from the quest. Didn't realise it would take me back to the title screen. Lost all my progress.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided is next up! Really enjoyed Human Revolution years ago

Last edited:

The_hunter

Days gone, it's not bad. The driving gameplay is the best I've played in a game, the story is great, the characters are good. The shooting and melee combat is a bit underwhelming, feels a bit like a ps3 game in that department.

I finished Sekiro, and it's one of my favourite top 3 games I've ever played.

Last edited:

lachesis

Finished Yakuza 4. The counter says I spent about 72 hours... and honestly it felt longer. Not sure if that's good thing or not... as it seems like I spent so much time on side quests.
It was okay for what it is, but I did enjoy some new characters and their unique abilities too.

Now moving onto Yakuza 5. Just started Chapter 1-2, but feeling a bit Yakuza'ed out at the moment...
(Come to think of, I've played 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3 remaster, and 4 remaster - all in 2021)

EDMIX

Finished Yakuza 4. The counter says I spent about 72 hours... and honestly it felt longer. Not sure if that's good thing or not... as it seems like I spent so much time on side quests.
It was okay for what it is, but I did enjoy some new characters and their unique abilities too.

Now moving onto Yakuza 5. Just started Chapter 1-2, but feeling a bit Yakuza'ed out at the moment...
(Come to think of, I've played 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3 remaster, and 4 remaster - all in 2021)
First off, welcome to da family, second off...respeck, third off...take a break lol

Yakuza 5 is amazing, but I'd play something else and revise to refresh.

I really, really..REALLLLLY like the new characters you meet in Yakuza 4, I need a whole ass game with Masayoshi!

Currently FINALLY playing BF 2042, haven't had much time to do any real solid session outside of a few rush maps, this week finally finished up several commissions and can go HAM on 2042. Every time I stopped playing and came back, a patch was out lol Will probably give impressions when I'm at 30 hours.

bender

What time is it?
Just ran through Death Smiles 1-2 on PS4. Great games.

After tonight I'll have all the achievements in The Artful Escape. I don't even like the game but it was an easy way to fulfill my AMEM rewards points.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Finished Halo, back on Final Fantasy XIV for Endwalker. Just grinding my freshly born Reaper from level 71 to 80 so I can get started on the new content (but this "old" content is still new to me as I skipped the last two xpacs, so it's all good).

Im playing the 2 big consoles that now are killing it both have such an amazong lineup its hard to chose. Switch and Xbox ofc. SMT 5 and Forza/Halo are my most played games atm.

I also have a PS5 but its collecting dust somewhere in my house. Theres barely anything to play on that thing.

Hydroxy

Aliens Fireteam Elite. Feels trash to me. Boring and repetitive corridor shooting gallery. No sense of scare or fear. Just mindlessly killing Xenomorphs. Matchmaking is broken so have to play with bots who atleast can hold their own. Overall not worth more than maybe $10-15 if you're a big Aliens fan but I'm playing on Gamepass so thankfully I didn't have to pay for it.

Last edited:

T-Cake

Assassin's Creed Unity. Black Flag turned out to be quite enjoyable in the end although the story was a bit hit and miss.

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

I have just played through Doki Doki Literature Club!

DUDYc5RUQAAMbQi.jpg

This game was sitting on my backlog for years. I have heard lots of good things about it, but since I was never a fan of visual novels I postponed playing it forever.

But what a surprise... This game is crazy, and really intriguing! lmao I really liked it, and would recommend if you don't mind seeing some disturbing shit.
In some aspects it reminded me of Undertale.

I played the free version though, and it's pretty quick to play through. Not sure what new content the Plus version added.

Last edited:
I’m a trophy whore and didn’t have enough money for a good game, so, I used the bit I had left to purchase Ice Cream Breaker cuz it had 39 trophies (I believe it was), it ended up being fun. I need two more trophies to plat.

Fredrik

Halo Infinite - I’m having decent fun occasionally but it’s not my cup of tea so far, too slow story, too similar enemy encounters, not enough rewarding exploration. Three big no-no for open world games. MS have two driving game studios too, why is the driving controls so bad?
Anyway I hope it becomes better later. 7/10 so far.

Kena - Pretty game, especially cutscenes, but feels too simplistic in it’s structure and empty between fights. I can play it with the kids though so it’s still a 7 at least.

I’ve been trying out various xbox 360 games on a sony hd crt I just picked up. Lawd… :messenger_smiling_hearts: At one point I was playing tekken 6 at the electric fountain stage and my jaw just dropped lol. Gears of war 2 looks like how it was meant to.

Going to hook up the Wii U soon. Really curious to see how widescreen only wii games like donkey kong returns snd skyward sword look on it.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
Playing Hellblade for the first time. Slow as hell, crappy fixed camera angle, dull combat, its all a bit meh really.

Vagswarm

Still messing around in Halo: Infinite and completing all of the optional activities. Great game. It's putting me back in the mood to play Open World games again. Might have to replay Red Dead Redemption 2 after this, instead of holding it off forever. lol.

Last edited:

xPikYx

I'm playing Death Stranding on PC at the moment, it really gets definition of walking simulator but also the one of interactive movie, I would jaw drop with a sequel running in Unreal Engine 5

Mod Testing in Skyrim SE/AE (PC) and have a shitty bug, I never had before. Out in the open all NPCs became ventriloquists. And there seems to be no working fix for that, suggestions, yeah, but no real fix. Dammit!

Playing Hellblade for the first time. Slow as hell, crappy fixed camera angle, dull combat, its all a bit meh really.
It's a walking simulator. Nothing wrong with that, but the amount of attention it gets is ridiculous. I played it at launch when it was a PS4 exclusive. Hardly anyone seemed to care. For some reason, when Microsoft bought them, it became a huge deal and made to be more than it is.

That's not to say Hellblade 2 won't be amazing. They're no longer an indie studio and this could be a full fledged great AAA game. But Hellblade 1 was a good walking simulator with some very awkward, "combat" areas to seperate from a packed indie genre.

lachesis

First off, welcome to da family, second off...respeck, third off...take a break lol

Yakuza 5 is amazing, but I'd play something else and revise to refresh.

I really, really..REALLLLLY like the new characters you meet in Yakuza 4, I need a whole ass game with Masayoshi!

Currently FINALLY playing BF 2042, haven't had much time to do any real solid session outside of a few rush maps, this week finally finished up several commissions and can go HAM on 2042. Every time I stopped playing and came back, a patch was out lol Will probably give impressions when I'm at 30 hours.

Taking your advice to get a break now from Yakuza...

Actually throughout 2021, I've been playing one Yakuza game, then a something else, then another Yakuza game etc, to avoid burn out - but hearing that they are already taking down Zero, Kiwami, and Kiwami 2 on Game Pass at the end of the year, I guess I got a bit anxious to finish up the HD Remaster Collection before they take it down. (Still have 5, 6 and 7 to play..)

After contemplating what to play next - finally decided to pick up the Resident Evil 7 one more go.
Another franchise that I'm going thru chronological order of release, is RE series. I always kept up with the series up to RE5 and Revelations 1 - but somehow lost track.
I had no problem catching up with Revelations 2 and RE6 - but got totally stuck in RE7. (I already have the RE2 and 3 remakes waiting, but RE7 has been the franchise roadblock for me)

I have attempted to play this game many times so far... at least 4-5 times - but every time, I got too scared in the guest house - that I finally decided to rely on a walk-thru because I'm just quite scared, and just don't feel confident in my fps aiming as I am pretty terrible at it. Now, I almost reached to dissection room, and I now have a shot gun! Ho ho ho!

Still, I'm keep getting killed by the basic monsters as I'm keep forgetting to block their attacks with L1, and keep missing the headshots, and end up accidentally squatting with R3 button... because I'm just so tense in battle situations. Sigh...

Nico_D

Kena

I was hesitant at first after reading combat isn't that good. Good for me I took the chance because the game is really good. The combat has nothing new to it but it works fine. The world is gorgeous and well designed.

One of the better games I've played this year.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
A few games:

SMT V, getting the remaining endings. I did the Law one yesterday and it felt more fleshed out than the neutral one.

Dawn of War II, playing the campaign and liking it so far, it feels like Company of Heroes but much more action oriented, and it even has some light RPG mechanics like being able to build your units in different ways or looting items kinda like in Diablo. It's nothing like the first one yeah, very different kind of game, but still pretty fun.

El Shaddai, game always looked interesting to me and so far I'm really enjoying it. The overly simplistic combat of the beginning starts to open up more once things get going, and while it still feels like a cheap DMC, it's still fun. Also the music and specially the visuals are fucking gorgeous, playing this at 4K is a treat to the eyes.

Markio128

I’m currently playing Skyrim again and having a lovely time. I’m getting close to finishing the main quest line and looking forward to getting stuck into the DLC quests, which I never got around to in my previous play-throughs. I’m currently playing through with an Elf/bow combo and it is incredibly satisfying one-shoting enemies from the shadows.

Ultra Donny

Halo infinite and It takes two is the two games I play now. Like them both. I'm surprised how much fun they are. Had no expectation for it takes two. Halo is good old fun but I'm a little disappointed in the lack of variation in the open world.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Taking your advice to get a break now from Yakuza...

Actually throughout 2021, I've been playing one Yakuza game, then a something else, then another Yakuza game etc, to avoid burn out - but hearing that they are already taking down Zero, Kiwami, and Kiwami 2 on Game Pass at the end of the year, I guess I got a bit anxious to finish up the HD Remaster Collection before they take it down. (Still have 5, 6 and 7 to play..)

After contemplating what to play next - finally decided to pick up the Resident Evil 7 one more go.
Another franchise that I'm going thru chronological order of release, is RE series. I always kept up with the series up to RE5 and Revelations 1 - but somehow lost track.
I had no problem catching up with Revelations 2 and RE6 - but got totally stuck in RE7. (I already have the RE2 and 3 remakes waiting, but RE7 has been the franchise roadblock for me)

I have attempted to play this game many times so far... at least 4-5 times - but every time, I got too scared in the guest house - that I finally decided to rely on a walk-thru because I'm just quite scared, and just don't feel confident in my fps aiming as I am pretty terrible at it. Now, I almost reached to dissection room, and I now have a shot gun! Ho ho ho!

Still, I'm keep getting killed by the basic monsters as I'm keep forgetting to block their attacks with L1, and keep missing the headshots, and end up accidentally squatting with R3 button... because I'm just so tense in battle situations. Sigh...

RE7 is a solid RE. It does take a bit to get use to blocking. I like that it follows the classic RE structure in terms of puzzles, locked rooms and adds something new with the whole Family thing lol RE7 thru RE8 have a good transition and flow

im pretty much fully back into RDR 2.
I played at launch, but fell off of it because i hated the shooting.

Kinda loving it rn. Only unfortunate parts are that it never seems like a good time to just explore the open world. Because i kept waiting for the story to bring me all over the map and introduce me to new areas. And it kinda never did.

the other problem are spoilers. Can't really avoid them if u look anything up

Last edited:
A few games:

(...)

El Shaddai, game always looked interesting to me and so far I'm really enjoying it. The overly simplistic combat of the beginning starts to open up more once things get going, and while it still feels like a cheap DMC, it's still fun. Also the music and specially the visuals are fucking gorgeous, playing this at 4K is a treat to the eyes.

If you feel its not that challenging, try playing it on the hardest difficulty or go for G rank on all levels.

Aesius

After spending ~20 hours in Metro 2033 and Last Light, I started up the new DLC for AC: Odyssey a few days ago.

The game has its flaws, sure, but HOLY SHIT it was like being able to breathe again after being trapped underground in dark, dank, disgusting post-apocalyptic Moscow. I spent probably 2 hours just running around soaking up the sun on Korfu in Odyssey ignoring the questline.

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Breath of the Wild. Breakable weapons are annoying, but they're not the game ruining albatross that people make them out to be. Shields are just about useless because of this though.

Stamps1646

FO76 on PC: I've been at it for a month now, and I'm enjoying it.
I did previously play it on console before the Wastelanders/BHoS released, but it was so broken that I never could get into it.

Loot River Demo: I've been eyeing this game for half a year and the demo released a few days ago on Steam.
I've been absolutely loving the challenge/design.

AC: Valhalla: I took a break from it when I finished the Campaign *pacing for that was all over the place*
I never picked up the Season Pass, I know it's on sale and I'm contemplating picking it up.
Reason for my return, the Kassandra(AC: O) Eivør Crossover event.
I haven't touched this game in 13 months, so far it's been fun to get back into after a long break.
I skipped a lot of side content so I plan to do that + the crossover event.

Meesh

Soooo..... anyone else here play Life is Strange? It's my first time playing anything like this, bought and dl on the Switch.
I'm really digging it so far!!! Completely different than anything I usually play and so far a creative breath of fresh air.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
It wasn't the end. But it was a fun boss. Too bad it ended already on the third try. That's my main gripe so far. It's a bit on the easy side, especially bosses. But man is it fun to master the parry mechanic and get a good riposte in this game. Feels very satisfying to hear that "Clonk" sound. Almost as good as the parry sound effect in Bloodborne.

Mix of...

Hades on PS5
Skyward Sword on Switch
Resident Evil 2 remake on PC
Zelda 1 on emulator through a randomizer (got inspired after having discovered ProJared Plays!)

Lake it’s on gampass it’s a fun little game that’s not for everyone you play a girl that has come back home to take over her dads mail route,all you do is deliver mail letters and packages and have conversations with the people in your route do errands for them like take a sick cat to a dr,or deliver vhs systems and tapes of movies to people for your maybe girlfriend if you go that route.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Credits are rolling in the Surge 2. Terrific game. Epic final hours, scaling the great wall, vanquishing enemies left and right. Parries are of vital importance, which I very much enjoyed. Fun bosses and cool gear too. The story was okay, building upon what the first game set up. The only downside was the somewhat confusing level design, especially in Jericho City. I really like this franchise. Best Souls-like by far. I'm hoping there will be a third one someday.

Top Bottom