• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Beat Halo CE coop with a friend
Beat Hyper Light Drifter
Beat Batman Arkham Asylum (great game, surprised me)
Beat Cave Story +
Now back to playing Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, been a while so played last night to actually remember the plot and how to play.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Still Skyrim.

This game man… How can anyone hate on this gem and masterpiece? I mean, I remember that I loved this game back 10 years ago but I seem to have forgotten just how amazing it is. Sooo many crazy shit happening. And the quests… Just started the Lost to the Ages… Come on man… You read a book, then go to the Dwemer ruin pointed to and enounter the ghost of the gal who wrote it, tackle the dungeon with her and then get pointed to 3 other ruins to seek more keys… Man, I‘m IN this world. So amazing.

No one makes get like Bethesda. Let them keep the bloody engine and have the bloody bugs. As long as they make stuff like this I just don‘t care.

DarkestHour

Banned
Still Skyrim.

This game man… How can anyone hate on this gem and masterpiece? I mean, I remember that I loved this game back 10 years ago but I seem to have forgotten just how amazing it is. Sooo many crazy shit happening. And the quests… Just started the Lost to the Ages… Come on man… You read a book, then go to the Dwemer ruin pointed to and enounter the ghost of the gal who wrote it, tackle the dungeon with her and then get pointed to 3 other ruins to seek more keys… Man, I‘m IN this world. So amazing.

No one makes get like Bethesda. Let them keep the bloody engine and have the bloody bugs. As long as they make stuff like this I just don‘t care.

It's a damn good game. Fallout 4 is really good too. I have 150 hours in it and want to play it again :messenger_anxious:

I'm currently playing through FFV Pixel Remaster and Bioshock Infinite's Burial At Sea DLC. I love the Bioshock world.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Still Skyrim.

Probably +200 hours on different playthroughs, never ended de main nor the war quests, haven't touched a single DLC and I think I've never explored the south-west ends of Skyrim.

For me the game has two problems: shitty combat (pretty decent for the time, but yeah...) and the dumbed down RPG mechanics.

Aside from that is one hell of a game. I love the worlds created by Bethesda, they are just pure joy to explore.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Probably +200 hours on different playthroughs, never ended de main nor the war quests, haven't touched a single DLC and I think I've never explored the south-west ends of Skyrim.

For me the game has two problems: shitty combat (pretty decent for the time, but yeah...) and the dumbed down RPG mechanics.

Aside from that is one hell of a game. I love the worlds created by Bethesda, they are just pure joy to explore.
True, but to be fair there are hardly any games THIS huge with good combat and/or RPG mechnics. I think it's very hard to maintain both for 100+ hours in an Open World game. Witcher 3 for instance doesn't have both either. At least in TES you can play stealth which is at least somewhat entertaining IMO.
That's why Souls, which has good mechnics and combat, is vastly shorter and not open world.

Think that games like these live and breath with their quests, writing and world. And this is where Bethesda shines. Also, I'm not sure what it is but everything in Beth games feels so much less scripted that in say Witcher 3. So much stuff that happens just feels random. So cool.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Still playing Counter Strike: Source on a daily basis. It's amazing that this game is almost 18 years old and people are still playing it daily. Long may it continue.

I got very hooked up with Fallout 1 and just finished it. Now I want Fallout 2, but can't wait for a steam sale :(
if you have a spare key to share...

In the meantime I'm with Oxenfree but is almost over.
You might be interested in a game called Age of decadence. Picked it up on GOG winter sale for 3 euro.

I'm currently playing Blue reflection second light. It's my GOTY.
Weebshit means life!

ssringo

Realized I hadn't bought myself anything for Xmas so bought an Oculus Quest 2 and, of course, the game I've already bought 4 or 5 times now: Resident Evil 4. I've played through the game so many times that while I still enjoy it, it's basically muscle memory and a stroll in the park.

VR though? Not so much.

It's still not posing much of a threat because I know the game so well but tight situations actually make me panic a bit which leads to mistakes that wouldn't happen otherwise. The village battle was hectic and I couldn't end it before the timer ran out because I got so frazzled. The sound of a chainsaw revving had me looking over my shoulder as I try to get through door and I kept forgetting I had to actually chamber the next shotgun round. I'd point my shotgun at Dr. Salvador's head and *click*. FUCK!!!! RUN AWAY!!!!

And I'm totally one handing that shotgun, Terminator style! HAHA!

It's not a graphical powerhouse by a long shot but it's very cool seeing details I never noticed or paid much attention to like the treasures and ammo boxes.

I've only had mild discomfort while playing but I'm thinking it's down to needing some time to get used to VR.

Very, very fun experiencing the masterpiece all over again!

KU5fXWW.jpg

Last edited:

badblue

Right now my gaming time has been a toss up between FF7 Remake (BS Epic edition), the Witcher 3 and Dishonored. I was using Nova Drift as a palate cleanser of sorts but it's turning into what's eating up most of my gaming time.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I’ve been playing Guardians of the galaxy and I started off liking it and now I’m not so sure. It’s getting annoying. I like the dialogue and the character development, but I find the gameplay repetitive, but I keep getting bugs that are really pissing me off. One cost me a boss battle. The buttons just stopped working and I couldn’t do anything so I died. Right before I killed the boss too.

Another time this thing got stuck on my screen and wouldn’t go away,

And in some rooms you have options of where to go next and I can’t tell you how many times I chose the “wrong one” that advances the story and doesn’t allow you to go back.

It’s just annoying. I have no tolerance for cheapness, so it really soured me ok the game.

engstra

Played through Far: Lone Sails after having it on my list for a long time. Feels like the game has got a lot of praise but while it's pretty and I like the concept of travelling across a desolate world I did think it felt crazy linear even for my liking. Even if it only take about 4 hours to finish it didn't feel vey engaging at points as you will always progress by just moving forward.

95mellow

Exclusively Endwalker, really.

I tried to play some Infinite campaign, but I found it terribly boring. I wasn't engaged on any level, though, objectively speaking, the game was "good". I think Apex Legends has spoiled me for movement in an FPS, and Infinite's grappling hook and slide don't quite hit the same heights. I'm not sure if anyone else felt that way, as it seems well-liked across the board.

Planning on playing through The Forgotten City and Disco Elysium over the Christmas break, maybe some Blood too as I fancy shooting things. I may pick up one of the SMT games cheap in the Nintendo sale too, likely Soul Hackers or IV.

Vagswarm

About halfway through Batman: Arkham Knight, and it's been a bizarre mix of fun, challenge, hand-holding, frustration and repetition. At times it feels too easy and laid out, then other times I need to look at a walkthrough. Too much of it feels scripted. The batmobile and vehicle sections aren't that great and the world isn't big enough for it, but I do like how you can use it alongside the main character. There are some pretty cool ideas, but it feels like from what a software engineer's perspective would be. Almost like they're showing off, lol. They did streamline the combat sections and toned down the difficulty (even on hard) which makes it a bit faster than other games.

I think it's good that they ended the series here because I'm about done with it. Couldn't even finish Origins because it was too similar to City, which IMO is the best game in the series and stands as a classic in its own right. Arkham Asylum was also amazing for being the first game and felt like the best superhero game ever made at the time.

I just want to see how the story plays out for the series' conclusion at this point, but it's not a bad game especially at the discount price of $4-5.

Needlecrash

Finished my 1st play through of Blasphemous. FINALLY. Got the good ending. Gotta do a 2nd run for the true ending. Such a good game. The music is so good and combat is so satisfying.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Still playing Counter Strike: Source on a daily basis. It's amazing that this game is almost 18 years old and people are still playing it daily. Long may it continue.

When I was a kid I spent countless hours on CS 1.6. Why are you playing Source and not the new one Go?

AndrewRyan

HoVRboard: Simple VR game riding a self-propelled hoverboard. Easy to learn but hard to master kind of game. Each hand controls one side of the board and triggers control acceleration for each side. Really fun and feels kind of like a floaty Tony Hawk, but with less precise control. Was enjoying it so much looked up some videos to get some tips and discovered the next game:

Jet Island: This is like HoVRboard meets Winlands meets Spiderman! One of the coolest things I've played in VR. Flying down a path then grapple hooking an object to swing around it, it's insane. Was really enjoying it but started to feel motion sickness so had to stop for a few days. You need super strong VR legs for this!

captainpat

Currently playing Celeste for the first time. Pretty fun game so far but man, I really the game wouldn't keep track of how many times you dead.

Also gonna try to start Dark Souls 3 tomorrow. Literally gonna be my first soulsbourne. Not sure how that genre slipped by me this whole time.

bender

What time is it?
Still Skyrim.

After Morrowind, Bethesda traded in the sense of exploration and adventure in their games for accessibility. That's not bad per say, but what good is a world of that size if you can't get lost in it?

Currently playing Celeste for the first time. Pretty fun game so far but man, I really the game wouldn't keep track of how many times you dead.

Also gonna try to start Dark Souls 3 tomorrow. Literally gonna be my first soulsbourne. Not sure how that genre slipped by me this whole time.

Damn, I'm a little jealous. I'd love to be a Souls virgin again. Enjoy!

Also, if you like Celeste and haven't played it yet, Super Meat Boy is amazing. Avoid the later releases as the redone soundtracks are absolute bunk.

Last edited:

Cryio

Halo Infinite MP everyday (it's sooo fun)
Rocket League from time to time
Finished: The Crossover event for Assassin's Creed Odyssey.
Trine 4 in co-op with a friend: ongoing

And I'm not sure what else to play currently. I still haven't finished:
GTA: Liberty City Stories on PCSX2
Spider-Man 2 on Dolphin
Resident Evil 3 on Dolphin
God of War 2005 on RPCS3
Sly 2: Band of Thieves on RPCS3

Last edited:

Y0ssarian

Banned
I finished my Bioware backlog and since I have nothing new to play until Elden Ring drops, I wanted to go back and play some of my old favourites.

I have fond memories of playing Ninja Gaiden (Black) and Knights of the Old Republic many many years ago on the OG Xbox at Christmas time, so I figured I would play those, and also Fable (Anniversary version now).

Picked up Star Wars Battlefront (2004), Battlefront II (2005) and Republic Commando from the Xbox digital sale. I will be playing those too

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

This christmas morning I had a brief run on Horizon 5....Mass Effect 2 is still pending (finishing off the collectors)....but I am likely to go back to Halo Infinite before that!

Chipping away at Mario 3D World still and some other games but I cleaned the lens on my Saturn and burned games are playing without issue so I'm on a Panzer Dragoon kick right now. Just started disc 2 on Saga.

That's exactly what i've been thinking of playing today. I think it's been at least 6 - 7 years, may as well refresh my memory.

Last edited:
capsule_616x353.jpg

Always find myself coming back to this game. It's just so addictive. Super fun level design, and fitting end to a trilogy.

Never at a loss for new builds to try out and experiment with.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
my work mgs GIF

Still MGSV exclusive almost. Finally seeing A++ enemies and got 1 S. 2nd mission in Afrika but mostly getting all previous mission side stuff and side ops. Such a relaxing game. Zzz sniper with suppressor very fun but game breaking easy. Still my fav way.

It's my second time playing since it's release. This time I'm trying to be less constricted with how I play (autism; using just 1 weapon set for 200+hours and no gadgets because reasons? I guess?) and experiment more next to more flexibility/creativeness.

Ddog is also cheat mode but when you're used to auto enemy spotting the game speeds up which is very cool as well.

Such a fucking great game in essence

Last edited:
Top Bottom