• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Nico_D

Ok, so i've played two tutorials of the game and so far i like it. It seems to be thought out well in it's mechanics. But of course thats just the tip of the iceberg. It's more related to a Civ5 game than Civ 6 but we'll see.

True, definitely not Civ 6. Soren designed Civ 4 but tbh, I'm not the biggest fan of Civ 4 - I just didn't like stacks. This is a much cleaner design.

bender

What time is it?
I finished Max Payne 3 and from now will be referring to the game as Shut The Fuck Up Max. It's a fun game at times but boy to R* miss the mark on the tone and character of the previous entries.

I've been working my way through Deedlit slowly and I'm struggling to find why people love this game so much. It just seems painfully average. I think I'm four of five bosses in now.

I'm going to do a replay of the good Prey (2006) soon.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Completed Halo Infinite yesterday (horrible final boss with massive enemy spawn... I was somehow not surprised...) and now booted Skyrim again.

Since I started back in September I have crossed the 100 hour mark now and also completed all the guild questlines. I'll be wrapping up the main quest in the coming days and then perhaps tackle Dawnguard.

Sifu, but doubt I’ll be able to complete it. I’ll take a few more swings at it but I’m very close to dropping it. It’s a much harder game for me compared to other tough games like Returnal, Sekiro, hard mode Metroid dread, Nioh 2, etc.

Juza

I am currently enjoying my time with Monster Hunter Rise and some rounds in Apex Legends at the end of session... until Elden Ring gets released.

The_hunter

Played battlefield 5, It's a huge step down from bf1 in atmosphere and in game design. The maps are just terrible in BF5, they all have choke-points, or they are just huge open fields with no cover. In comparison bf1 had some of the best multiplayer maps I've ever played. Passchendaele in bf1 is my favourite multiplayer map of all time.

There's very few people playing bf1 at the moment, everyone seems to be playing bf5.

The pacific maps are decent, still not as good as bf1. Driving in the panzers and shermans is very fun.

Last edited:

Markio128

Sifu - managed to complete the 1st area by only ageing 1 year and I didn’t lose that until the boss’s 2nd phase (grrr). Still struggling with area 2 though, but I am genuinely getting better. I really enjoy the game, but it can be frustrating.

Also restarted Disco Elysium following the update on PS5. The loading is now almost non-existent, which is great. I’ve chosen the physical build this time and even in the first couple of hours, I’ve lol’d many times at some of the ludicrous conversations you can have.

Finished Kena but won't be trying for Platinum lol

Now playing Destiny 2 and Deathloop but that is too much FPS, I need something to balance Deathloop like Kena did...

Just finished the ME Legendry Trilogy. ME2 remains my favourite of the series. Then I thought why not re try ME:A? Bad mistake. Literally uninstalled within an hour in disgust.

Now I'm playing Disco Elysium, I'd like to make some decent headway into that before Elden Ring and D2: Witch Queen come out.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Still going through Persona 4 Golden. Playing on hard exploring in the 5th dungeon and, while I'm enjoying the story beats, I'm getting kinda tired of the gameplay. Miss SMT negotiations, shadows design kinda suck compared to demons/personas and I found the combat in P5 more engaging than this one. I think mainline SMT also has spoiled those games for me.

Still playing Perfect Dark too. Beat the game on special agent and now I'm trying in perfect agent. Holy shit is it hard. Even the first mission took some tries, but I'm making progress and I'm already at Area 51. Magsecs and Dragons, this won't be easy.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Getting Dying Light 2 today but not opening until it gets a patch or two more.

In the mean time, playing Broken Sword 5 via GP, and will check out Crossfire X and End of Eternity when they release tomorrow on GP.

drganon

Just got the platinum for miles morales. After tales of arise, it was nice to play a much shorter game. Next is bouncing between va11-halla and nier replicant

kingwingin

Got the bad ending in a little golf journey. Not really tempted to gun for the final. Game started out chill but became a nuisance by the end area. Not interested in going back and hunting those blue orbs to get the real ending. Credits rolled and that's good enough for me.

Next up is powerslave exhumed

sainraja

I'm interested in knowing how the Polymega is
So far so good. They packed it up all nicely and it was very easy to set up. I haven't tried the other modules yet (just the base) and being able to install my PS1 copy of Tenchu: Stealth Assassins on it was magical. I need to order more memory though. They could make some UX improvements to the OS but overall, I really like it. It's the best retro machine I have owned.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Just finished Uncharted The Lost Legacy on PS5. Loved it. ND needs to dig out of their dark hole and start doing these feelgood action adventures again.
scpJZQE.jpg

Soukyugurentai (PS1)

hqdefault.jpg

Just getting familiar with the game and the different ships for now. Really digging the stages and gameplay though. Also the soundtrack is pretty good. Been able to clear up to Stage 5 before running out of credits, getting a bit better each time

Phantasy Star IV (MegaDrive)

phantasy-star-iv-virtual-console-20081222084443054-2693234.jpg

Almost finished with this one; just cleared

the part with Seth and facing him as a boss. Poor Seth :(

and just have a bit more to go until it's complete. Been extremely enjoyable the whole time aside from some bad RNG with unfortunate random battles in certain dungeons. Only other pet peeve would be not having access to a dungeon map (even if you have to fill it yourself); not that the dungeons are particularly difficult but some of the last few it would've been a neat addition to have.

Only minor nitpicks tho; anyone who likes 16-bit JRPGs should definitely play this one as well.

Goemon's Great Adventure (N64)

gga-626j9x.jpg

TBH I am probably going to drop this one for now. For whatever reason it feels like there's a HUGE difficulty spike with the Impact fights; at times some of the Impact fights in the SFC versions felt this way too but at least those came a lot later. In this one it's literally with the first Impact fight. Plus if you just want to not play that fight at the time and come back, you have to redo the castle stage and the boss fight before getting back to the Impact fight. That's just poor game design.

Either I'm missing a strategy for that Impact battle or it really is just that big a difficulty spike without even so much as a way to save between the regular boss fight and the Impact fight; I'll give it another try in a couple days but if it's the same 'ish again then yeah this one's getting dropped unfortunately.

Last edited:

amigastar

True, definitely not Civ 6. Soren designed Civ 4 but tbh, I'm not the biggest fan of Civ 4 - I just didn't like stacks. This is a much cleaner design.
Hello,
can you help me? I'm playing through the second tutorial and it doesn't seem to end, do you know where i can look my objectives up?

Last edited:

intbal

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Definitive Edition
Such a shame. This awesome game deserves a full (but faithful) remake. Not just a re-skin.

When I have time I'm bouncing between:

Division 2.
COD Cold War.
Dark Souls 3.
Forza Horizon 5.
Watch Dogs 2 (just recently fired this up and I'm enjoying just messing about the open world. Love the random AI incidents lol)

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Soukyugurentai (PS1)

hqdefault.jpg

Just getting familiar with the game and the different ships for now. Really digging the stages and gameplay though. Also the soundtrack is pretty good. Been able to clear up to Stage 5 before running out of credits, getting a bit better each time

and just have a bit more to go until it's complete. Been extremely enjoyable the whole time aside from some bad RNG with unfortunate random battles in certain dungeons. Only other pet peeve would be not having access to a dungeon map (even if you have to fill it yourself); not that the dungeons are particularly difficult but some of the last few it would've been a neat addition to have.

Only minor nitpicks tho; anyone who likes 16-bit JRPGs should definitely play this one as well.

gga-626j9x.jpg

TBH I am probably going to drop this one for now. For whatever reason it feels like there's a HUGE difficulty spike with the Impact fights; at times some of the Impact fights in the SFC versions felt this way too but at least those came a lot later. In this one it's literally with the first Impact fight. Plus if you just want to not play that fight at the time and come back, you have to redo the castle stage and the boss fight before getting back to the Impact fight. That's just poor game design.

Either I'm missing a strategy for that Impact battle or it really is just that big a difficulty spike without even so much as a way to save between the regular boss fight and the Impact fight; I'll give it another try in a couple days but if it's the same 'ish again then yeah this one's getting dropped unfortunately.
Dude I beat Goemon as a kid. I don't remember the game very well, sorry, but to me it sounds like you are doing something wrong in the Impact Fights. Check out a walkthrough or something, because it shouldn't be that hard, really.

Cryio

Crysis 1 Remastered has received the last patch it's ever going to get, so I'm playing that.

Enjoying the new lighting engine, the RT reflections and the smooth image due to great TAA implementation.

Last edited:

Beechos

Dying light 2 it was worth the wait aside for some graphical glitches. One of the few games i can remember with such a long and troubled development cycle that ended up so well.

Beechos

Soukyugurentai (PS1)

hqdefault.jpg

gga-626j9x.jpg

Damn legend of the mystical ninja is one of my fave all time snes games. Too bad goemon 2 never got to see the light of day in the u.s.

Nico_D

Hello,
can you help me? I'm playing through the second tutorial and it doesn't seem to end, do you know where i can look my objectives up?
I had the same bug, they are aware of it. I let them know about it on Civfanatics. Some builder mission isn't activating.

I started a new game instead. Got my ass kicked twice, now on my third game on The Just difficulty with no AI city advantage and it is going well. The designers told me to play random map instead of premade ones, the latter are more difficult, I think.

Tutorials work well in normal games too.

Last edited:

Y0ssarian

Banned
Still going through Persona 4 Golden. Playing on hard exploring in the 5th dungeon and, while I'm enjoying the story beats, I'm getting kinda tired of the gameplay. Miss SMT negotiations, shadows design kinda suck compared to demons/personas and I found the combat in P5 more engaging than this one. I think mainline SMT also has spoiled those games for me.
I can't really saying anything without spoiling but I think I dropped Persona 4 G shortly after that. I wasn't really enjoying the dungeons and the day to day stuff was taking forever. There were some things I did enjoy about the game though, like the story, setting and characters

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Problem is Once More system in Persona are no were near as fun as actual Press Turn system in mainline SMT and both Persona 3&4 has boring ass Shadow enemies, THANK GOD P5 brought back Demons as enemies.

TintoConCasera

Problem is Once More system in Persona are no were near as fun as actual Press Turn system in mainline SMT and both Persona 3&4 has boring ass Shadow enemies, THANK GOD P5 brought back Demons as enemies.
Yep, I agree. One More is fine, better than most JRPGs imo, but I still think Press Turn is the king when it comes to engagement and strategic possibilities.

I still might come back to it and finish the game, but yeah, it hasn't hooked me as much as P5 or any mainline SMT so far.

amigastar

I had the same bug, they are aware of it. I let them know about it on Civfanatics. Some builder mission isn't activating.

I started a new game instead. Got my ass kicked twice, now on my third game on The Just difficulty with no AI city advantage and it is going well. The designers told me to play random map instead of premade ones, the latter are more difficult, I think.

Tutorials work well in normal games too.
Oh so it's a bug. Got it.

TintoConCasera

So I finally beat the Area 51 section in Perfect Dark playing on perfect agent.

Man do I love that hoverbike escape section at the end, one of my favorites in the game and I can't believe it's something hidden that you could miss completely if you let Jonathan handle the hangar doors.

And the music in that part (and well, the whole game) is pretty cool.

Rare knew very well how to elevate the action moments with their music.

Dude I beat Goemon as a kid. I don't remember the game very well, sorry, but to me it sounds like you are doing something wrong in the Impact Fights. Check out a walkthrough or something, because it shouldn't be that hard, really.

It just threw me for a loop it came immediately after the Edo Castle stuff and not even with a save point between the two. I know they're more like fighting game battles so I'll just figure out some of the attack combinations, but I wasn't expecting to have a SF2-style bout in a Goemon game that felt more like a real fight than most of the ones in the SNES games.

But yeah, I'll give it another go, tho I'm forced to use the analog stick for it when I'd prefer using the d-pad (for precision).

Damn legend of the mystical ninja is one of my fave all time snes games. Too bad goemon 2 never got to see the light of day in the u.s.

Yeah; anything beyond the 1st game up until N64 you needed a SFC and be up for importing back in the day, and even then, no translation. Had to play the latter ones on emulator (bless the translators!).

Last edited:

Shai-Tan

Banned
Just finished Uncharted The Lost Legacy on PS5. Loved it. ND needs to dig out of their dark hole and start doing these feelgood action adventures again

I agree, however the storytelling was a bit too by the numbers. If there is no compelling mystery or direction to the plot it's only carried by the moment to moment gameplay and banter. Despite it being kind of crap from a gameplay perspective I still have fond memories of Uncharted 1 because the story, characters, levels have progression that go hand in hand.

Fredrik

I agree, however the storytelling was a bit too by the numbers. If there is no compelling mystery or direction to the plot it's only carried by the moment to moment gameplay and banter. Despite it being kind of crap from a gameplay perspective I still have fond memories of Uncharted 1 because the story, characters, levels have progression that go hand in hand.
I thought the gameplay was great, it’s a compact game, lots of puzzles, cool set pieces and good fire fights. The story was a nothing burger but the banter between Chloe, Nadine and Sam was enjoyable, I liked the character combo, I want more. Unfortunately I doubt that ND would make Chloe like that in a sequel, too much booty for a modern audience. The graphics in general was great, I took tons of screen shots. To sum it up it was like playing Tomb Raider, minus the bow. And I love Tomb Raider too so for me this was spot on, at $10 it was the best spent money on PS5 so far for me. 👍

engstra

Just finished Uncharted The Lost Legacy on PS5. Loved it. ND needs to dig out of their dark hole and start doing these feelgood action adventures again.
scpJZQE.jpg
As much as I have loved their dark stuff, playing Uncharted 4 again makes me definitely want them to not abandon their fun adventure stuff.

Ps. kul översättning där haha

Fbh

Shadow of the Tomb Raider: Wasn't expecting much as I was rather underwhelmed by 2, but I'm enjoying it a lot. The puzzles and exploration are fun, and the peruvian wilderness is just more engaging and visually striking than the snow theme of Rise. Weirdly, just like Uncharted 4 I think it could use a bit more action, but at last the gameplay and pacing outside of fights is more enjoyable in this one.

YS9: Enjoying it but now that I'm around 20 hours in I definitely think 8 was better. The combat is still really fun but the world is monotonous and grey, the art direction is overall worse and the characters are rather bland.

Last edited:
Still going through crash 4 on ps5. Damn this game is buggy… always pops up with save issues (first play through got corrupted and had to restart $&@$!$!!!) and some visual glitches. Anyone else have these issues?

Also playing pokken tournament on switch.

Top Bottom