• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

chixdiggit

Rainbow Six Extraction: Been playing this with a friend and must say it's pretty fun. So far they seem to have the unlocks paced to keep everything interesting. Love the way the game encourages you to play and level different operators. The game definitely lacks in the graphic design department but fine for a budget title I got on Gamepass.

Horizon Zero Dawn: About 25 hours in and I can see playing it for many more. Really enjoying the side quests and getting the different collectables. I have a few minor complaints that hopefully get addressed in the sequel.

stranno

bYVvcgc.gif

Finished Gameloft's Tank Attack on XBOX 360 and Playstation 3. Pretty weird game for Gameloft standards. It was developed by Gameloft Montreal for Playstation 3 and ported to XBOX 360 one year later by Gameloft Beijing. They launched it for XBLIG instead of the XBLA. For size reasons (XBLIG only had 150MB of maximum size back then) they had to compress it a lot, so loading times are pretty high on XBOX 360, unlike the PSN version. Playstation 3 also have better details, like shadows.

DEG1p9C.png
qmQ17Ay.png

XBOX 360 / Playstation 3​

Five years later it was ported to Android and iOS. Of course Gameloft destroyed it adding free-to-play features, it uses a crappy cel-shading from Aliexpress (you know, the black outline with regular textures) and the view is just too zoomed in. Anyway, you cannot play it anymore, since it uses the server for everything and it was closed like 5 years ago.

If you can play it on Playstation 3, it is a decent arcade shooter ala Atari's Tank. Campaign has 50 levels and can be played in 2-players cooperative.

Last edited:

MastAndo

Just bought Sleeping Dogs for a whopping $2.55, and man, this game seems pretty special. It takes what I dislike about GTA (namely the sluggishness of your character) and improves upon it with a pretty nifty combat system. It also holds up pretty well graphically and the story is interesting. I've heard this one is considered an underrated gem and I'm inclined to agree.

Also playing Outriders co-op with a couple of friends and we're having a good time with it. It seems to cater to guys like us who aren't really looking for a game that requires a whole lot of your time. The systems in place are pretty generous and don't require a grind for currency/resources to utilize them, at least not at the start. though I'm sure that changes later.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I'm trying my best to get through Guardians of the Galaxy. It's definitely not a bad game, but man is it overrated. Just very average IMO.

Shifty1897

Ghost of Tsushima (PS5):
Great game, definitely feels like the Japanese Assassin's Creed game we always wanted but never got. I'm still in Act 1 but I'm obsessively clearing the map.

Destiny 2 (PS5):
The CoD Squad got bored of Warzone after 2 years and we're now just starting Destiny 2. I have experience with Destiny 1 from what feels like a lifetime ago. The PvE is fun, but the PvP is not, which is a shame. Hopefully with Destiny 3 they invest in a more fleshed out and balanced PvP experience. Bigger battlefields, more players, start all players with a sidearm and pick up weapons in the match, etc

Last edited:
Halo Infinite campaign - such a good time. I’m not rushing through it, taking my time doing all the objectives on the map. Story is incomprehensible, but it’s Halo, par for the course. Not my favourite Halo, but promising for the future given their intentions to add content and build on this world.

Guardians of the Galaxy - I really like the look of this, and the story/characters. Gameplay is only okay though, agree with the earlier poster saying it’s overrated. It kind of reminds me of how I feel when I play a Sony exclusive - I’m playing it for the production values/Hollywood feel but the gameplay is an afterthought.

Two Point Hospital - just love it, can lose hours tweaking and perfecting.

Trying not to dwell on the fact I was on a plane when Steam Deck preorders opened and by the time I landed I was in the ‘after q2’ group - that thing would be amazing for me given how much I travel.

Breath of Fire 4 (Vita)

I just reached Chapter 3 and been power leveling my characters. I got them to level 20 - 23.

As for the cast, I prefer the cast here more than 3. They are much more memorable. Not to mention the story is great.

Graphically this is one of the best looking PlayStation game I seen. The sprite work is fantastic and enemy and boss designs are great. The 3D environments look damn near good. Most of the 3D bosses look great.

Soundtrack is good.

Compared to Breath of Fire 3, the minigames aren't as annoying.

Labadal

Played a few battles of Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children.

You might get a little put off by the graphics, but the combat, and customization are top notch.

Duchess

Finished Ratchet and Clank : Rift Apart.

Really rather excellent! It looked absolutely incredible the whole time, and was a blast to play. There were some weird bugs and that, which would've been nice to have had addressed, but overall they did detract from the experience. Game really does show Insomaniac at the top of their game, and I can't wait to see Spider-Man 2.

Now playing Bugsnax..!

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Deadly Premonition a few days ago (Xbox 360 version on Series S, still the best version).

Now it's time for Eternal Ring on PS2.

supernova8

Banned
Pokemon Fire Red on android with an emulator, also playing the Metroid Dread demo on Switch (over and over again) trying to decide if I want to buy the full game or not.

reektann

Dying Light on PC - 25 hours or so in and doing a bunch of side quests. Some of them and the characters make me think of Fallout. Lopping heads off never gets old and the traversal just kicked up a notch with a new item.

Nobody Saves the World on Xbox (Gamepass) - about 12 hours in - really excellent game. Quest system is very clever in levelling and it gives me the Diablo vibe where I want to move from pack to pack to maximise rewards.

RAIDEN1

Yakuza 5 ... in PS3 (i wanted to finish for once the damn story lol)

Ni no kuni: The Wrath of the white witch... also in PS3.
The series starts to decline after Zero.....Kiwami I found to be a drag, couldn't complete 1 or 2...so far I am thinking the first judgement game is better than the Kiwami's

kingwingin

Spent all day on disco elysium. Great art style and fun exploring, but kinda tired of constantly hearing about how racism is bad.

Topher

Gold Member
I've been trying to find some shorter games to keep me busy until Horizon Forbidden West. Played Spider-man Remastered and Platinumed it. Started playing Detroit Beyond Human and I was bored to death and quit. I really do not like Quantic Dreams games. Just not fun to me.

So I found Destroy All Humans for PS4 at GameStop for $12. Got it for $7 after a $5 coupon that I had on my account that I didn't know I had. I'm about 3/4 done with the campaign it is good, not great. Plan on finishing all the challenges and hopefully getting the Platinum. Then hopefully I'll be close enough to HFW that I can just hold off playing anything else for a bit.

sainraja

Mainly Destiny 2.
I am playing some other games too but D2 is where you will find me mostly.

I also received my Polymega this past week so will hook that up and play some retro games.

Last edited:

lachesis

Finished Odin Sphere - took my time and got the platinum while at it. Spent past couple days watching the story line in chronological order (in Japanese voice, for a chnage) - as while I knew what was going on, but the whereabouts of the ring "titrel" was sometimes confusing. Watching the chronological story line made a lot of sense, although. ;) Like 13 sentinel, George Kamitami's attention to the detail & trying not to leave any gaping plot holes - and nodded in many point throughout the playback.

Now Since I spent a good deal of time on PS5 for past couple games... RE2 Remake and Odin Sphere - jumping back to XSX for Yakuza 6, the final Kiryu saga. :)

The series starts to decline after Zero.....Kiwami I found to be a drag, couldn't complete 1 or 2...so far I am thinking the first judgement game is better than the Kiwami's
well, i haven't played the neither the kiwamis nor the og in ps2, too much laziness lol. but im actually playing the digital only release on the ps3 that I bought back in 2015.

Last edited:

Nico_D

Old World. The best 4X game in years, maybe decade - from ones I've played. When I'm not playing, I'm thinking about it.

Beats Civ easily.

bronkonagurski

Gold Member
I never played any of the Max Payne games until the recent sale on backwards compatible XBOX games. Completed the MP1 this past week and MP2 tonight. I really enjoyed both games! I see what I missed out on!

Nico_D

I'm interested in that game, maybe i should give it a try. Sounds good.

It's definitely got some learning curve and the AI isn't dumb - it's playing well (compared to me who still has only a slight clue of what I should be doing) even on the second lowest difficulty setting. The game design is really tight. If you do end up trying it, let me know how you liked it.

amigastar

It's definitely got some learning curve and the AI isn't dumb - it's playing well (compared to me who still has only a slight clue of what I should be doing) even on the second lowest difficulty setting. The game design is really tight. If you do end up trying it, let me know how you liked it.
Sure thing, will do.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Halo Infinite

I'm really not sure what to think of this. The core shooting and controls are such a bliss but the levels are so bland and repetitive and there is next to no gameplay variety. Barely any epic setpieces or something. I just finished the Reposatory yesterday and with its copy + paste design it felt like an arena from gameplay testing. What happened? How would this game have looked if it would actually have been a launch game? I'm puzzled. Did they spend all the time after 5 refining the controls and then forgot to actually design a game around this? Or do they just don't care about SP any more?

Last edited:

amigastar

Ok, so i've played two tutorials of the game and so far i like it. It seems to be thought out well in it's mechanics. But of course thats just the tip of the iceberg. It's more related to a Civ5 game than Civ 6 but we'll see.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Dying Light 2 and Tales of Arise on PS5
Half-Life 2 (Orange Box), Grim Dawn, Nobody Saves the World and Halo Infinite on XSX
Pokemon Legends Arceus and Skyrim on Switch

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
After nearly 100% completing Hollow Knight, I decided to go for something really different and play through all the Life is Strange games for the first time. I'm almost done with the first one and loving it so far. :)

I also play through the Halo Infinite weekly challenges when the reward is worth it.

Last edited:
Kena and Deathloop mainly, two distinct genres and makes the experience breathe better together.
But all third-party PlayStation exclusives are the same game. I mean, same interactive movie. /s

I'm playing Pokémon Legends and liking it WAY more than expected. I have never really liked a Pokémon game before this. That said, the game looks and runs like a PS2 game which feels unacceptable with how much money they are off the games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom