• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Naked Lunch

GG Aleste [Sega Game Gear]
Comfort food shmup. Im kinda working my way thru Compile's catalogue, many im playing for the first time. This is honestly one of the most impressive games ive played in recent memory. What Compile was able to squeeze out of this tiny little handheld is just incredible. Super fun stages, bosses and bullet patterns all anchored by amazing music. The last boss breaking down the giant face into a bloody mess is an all time classic.
cireza cireza that one's for you buddy.

Fire Emblem 3 - Mystery of the Emblem [Super Famicom]
Rigidly difficult, even unfair - but theres something addicting and intriguing about gameplay this unforgiving. I had to do a full restart because I didnt know you could enter villages with Marth only - and missed tons of characters, money and items. Im finally going to get into this series and this game is the gateway. I was going to start with the first NES game but I saw this is basically a remake of that. Sega's Shining Force is the better strat rpg for my tastes but I still love this.

Halo Infinite multiplayer [Xbox Series X]
Ive slowed down due to lack of maps but the gameplay is still skill testing top notch. Always play a couple rounds to stay sharp. Its unfortunately going to be awhile before we get an acceptable number of maps.

cireza

GG Aleste [Sega Game Gear]
Great pick. These shmups are very fun. I strongly recommend checking other entries. If you can get the Aleste Collection definitely do it. It includes both Master System games, both GG games and a brand new GG entry that was developed in 2020. All fantastic games.

Honey Bunny

Completed my goal of 1ccing Raiden IV up to the last boss on easy and am now relaxing a bit playing Jamestown. Havent played shmups since I was a kid in an arcade but I can feel Im going to go deep into them.

Jimmy_liv

Literally just rolled credits on Horizon FW. Ordered Life is strange true colors.

I've got about a week before it arrives to fill.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
I'm having a difficult time appreciating the Caelid region in Elden Ring. It has a confusing layout with lots of fucking rocks, shitty swamps and crazy big ass birds and rabies dogs. The red coloring is disgusting and that fucking dragon stomps my ass every time I want to say hello. Fuck this area!

Last edited:

bronk

Banned
PXL_20220316_035010446.jpg
I'm doing a playthrough of one of my favorite Nes games Uninvited. It still scares me tbh. Love the music.

RPSleon

2077. Started at patch 1.5 as everyone should have.

I love it. The city is brilliant, always taking screenshots, all the stories seem to hit the quality of the witcher 3 dlc, the shooting is fun, the driving is pretty good, could be better. I am also apprently really in to dress up games now. The clothing options are really fun.

Also love decimating people with katanas.

Nico_D

Went back to Two Point Hospital.

Replaying Fallen Order. All the Star Wars parts of it are great and really well done but level design is awful. I'd rather take linear levels than this shit.

I should play DMC 5 (because it is a really great game), but *mumblemumblesomethingsomething*... so yeah, i'm back at modding Fallout 4 again and fucking around with it.

Modrot

Stopped actively playing Arceus (beat the real final boss, now have to collect all Pokémon) and started Monhun Rise.

Only a few hours in but it's pretty fun, even if I barely have any idea what I'm doing. It's my first monhun but not my first hunting rpg.

Really digging the hub type levels, makes it feel like more of a hunt and less just going through your typical jrpg linear map.

Aiming to finish the main story at least before Kirby releases.

ethomaz

Banned
After my little doll born in Sep 25 I’m finally back to normal schedule of playtime.
The last few months I have periods of weeks without even turning console on.

Now GT7 is playing 1-2 hours per day 🔥

bender

What time is it?
Bunch O'Stuff:

-GT7: Just going through the Café Quests and stop for the day after hitting the daily mileage goal.
-Elden Ring: Doing mostly co-op with a buddy but we've sunk a TON of time into it.
-Maro Kart 8: DLC tracks are growing on me.
-Guardians of the Galaxy: While it is beautiful and has a great presentation, I think the game itself is duller than dishwater and I'm not the biggest comic book fan so it really isn't hooking me.
-Tunic: After not liking the demo, I'm having a good time with this. Playing this slowly as I'm using it for my Achieve More, Earn More daily quests.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Mostly Elden Ring but a bit of CP2077, PS5 version.

CP2077 looks pretty damn good on performance mode but it still has issues with glitches. It's definitely the most playable experience I've had with it so far though.

Weird thing was happening last night, I was hacking cameras to turn them off and it was taking like 30+ seconds for the hack meter to fill up. Didn't seem normal, I'm assuming it was an issue with the game itself. If that actually is a part of the hacking mechanic, it's fucking dumb, lol.

Last edited:

SirTerry-T

Back on MH:Rise on Switch...blowing off my cobwebs ready for Sunbreak's arrival!

Still ploughing through the Fire Emblem's on 3DS, Echoes and Awakenings all done with a fair amount of the DLC complete ...onto Fates next (Conquest route).

Quite fancy having a blast through Catherine again now I have re-downloaded it again on the Series X.

So sort of fluttering between three titles at the mo' but it's the Fire Emblem's that are the main focus.

Quite fancy picking up Crimson Shroud before the 3ds eshop keels over too...

Duchess

Finished The Persistence. Enjoyed it quite a lot. Now just trying for the true ending, as well as doing some trophy stuff.

Waiting for H:FW to arrive, too (PS5 physical copy).

For a long time I didn't like it, but as I'm replaying it, I'm starting to realize RE5 isn't that bad tbh. Its still not my favorite RE but its fun to play, a streamlined version of its predecessor that has its own identity too with its plot being more relevant to the franchise than RE4

Banjo64

cumsessed
Started Hades on my Switch Oled last night. I’ve previously played about 10 hours on Xbox.

Game is so fucking good, gameplay loop is insane. Truly one of the first games in years where I’ve been like ‘just one more go’.

Looks and plays amazingly on the Oled. Performance is rock solid.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
For a long time I didn't like it, but as I'm replaying it, I'm starting to realize RE5 isn't that bad tbh. Its still not my favorite RE but its fun to play, a streamlined version of its predecessor that has its own identity too with its plot being more relevant to the franchise than RE4
Found some late love for RE5 as well after absolutely hating it at release. It‘s a solid romp, especially when you think about the abomination that came after it.

Y0ssarian

Banned
Still playing Samurai Warriors 5 and Bayonetta 2. I started Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 as well, I'm not really sure if I should continue with it. It seems just okay, not great, not terrible

Shai-Tan

Banned
Finished The Persistence. Enjoyed it quite a lot. Now just trying for the true ending, as well as doing some trophy stuff.

Waiting for H:FW to arrive, too (PS5 physical copy).
for some reason the VR mode in The Persistence gives me horrible vr sickness even though I rarely get it from anything else... like so bad I can't play vr again the rest of the day

about to play it and if it happens again I suppose I'll play it in 2d mode

spons

Gold Member
Age of Calamity, again. Such an enjoyable game. And unlike Dynasty Warriors, this shit has a story that isn't completely impenetrable.
I know Dynasty Warriors is loosely based on historical events or something, but come the fuck on.

stn

I put Elden Ring on hold to play CHAOSSSSSSSS on PS4. I haven't watched a single cutscene and the graphics are pretty shit, but man is the combat fun. It has basically hooked me just like Nioh did. One of the hardest trophies is glitched so I'm scrambling to beat the game so I can unlock the trophy much easier before it is patched. Then I'll go back to Elden Ring.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I was playing the 2D version. I could actually tell it would've been more fun to play in VR, as the atmosphere would've been great.
do you get abilities to see better in the dark? not sure if I should be using the torch (flashlight) more (how sensitive are enemies?) can't see shit and there's no gamma setting so I assume it's intentional

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus
Picked up a Switch OLED today at Gamestop. I was just lucky with timing and took advantage of the moment. I spent much of the evening (while working the night job) to transfer over my Nintendo account and re-download all my digital games, which is quite a lot thanks to all those crazy eShop sales.

My first impressions so far: the screen is much brighter and the colors just pop, the unit is slightly heavier but perfectly manageable, transferring the digital games and save data is still a pain in the ass (Nintendo is always at least a decade behind everyone else where online anything is concerned). I think it's easily the definitive version of the console.

Next game I'm going to buy is definitely Tempest 4000. It's Yak! What more do ya need?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I think I’m near the end of Triangle Strategy and my god I love this game, for now this game easily my GOTY.

The game can be more nerve racking than Elden Ring and mostly because how the story is told. Not only some of decision you make are high stake and impactful but also you are not only one making the choices, other characters are as well and not all would agree with you and sometimes even if you do make your decision, it might not go your way and LOOOVE this.

It makes the casts more than just mindless NPC that blindly do whatever you decide, they have their own mind and opinion.

GeekyDad

I think I’m near the end of Triangle Strategy and my god I love this game, for now this game easily my GOTY.

The game can be more nerve racking than Elden Ring and mostly because how the story is told. Not only some of decision you make are high stake and impactful but also you are not only one making the choices, other characters are as well and not all would agree with you and sometimes even if you do make your decision, it might not go your way and LOOOVE this.

It makes the casts more than just mindless NPC that blindly do whatever you decide, they have their own mind and opinion.
Looks like there's a demo. Will have to download it and check out. Thanks.

Top Bottom