• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

BigBooper

Some people here say it is boring, they don't see what the fuss is about etc....Microsoft were mad to pay top dollar to get it on Gamepass, you would not see that happening on Playstation and for good reason etc....is it really Uncharted in space?
No, it's definitely not Uncharted in space. The environments are mostly corridors. It's more Tomb Raider in space. If you don't care for the humorous dialogs, it's not great imo.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I'm at the final push of Elden Ring. It's great but boy do I have a lot of issues with the design. I'm not sure I'll ever want to play it again, mostly because of the size of the game.

Y0ssarian

Banned
Finished Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin and Samurai Warriors 5. I'm very satisfied with both of them.

I started Atelier Ryza and tried to get into the series but it's not doing very much for me. I have Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity on the go for Switch and I might try Nights of Azure 2

Nico_D

Finished Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin and Samurai Warriors 5. I'm

I started Atelier Ryza and tried to get into the series but it's not doing very much for me. I have Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity on the go for Switch and I might try Nights of Azure 2

What's bothering you in Ryza?

Y0ssarian

Banned
Yeah, get that. If that style isn't for you, then it's not. Personally I enjoyed both games quite a lot, the second one has even better combat system.
qa2S9Qs.jpg

I'm trying again

RAIDEN1

No, it's definitely not Uncharted in space. The environments are mostly corridors. It's more Tomb Raider in space. If you don't care for the humorous dialogs, it's not great imo.
Still worth a look though, out of curiosity? As it is available on G.P....I was under the impression it would be a variation of Mass Effect....However before that I need to check out Firewatch as I installed it but yet to see what it is like

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Still worth a look though, out of curiosity? As it is available on G.P....I was under the impression it would be a variation of Mass Effect....However before that I need to check out Firewatch as I installed it but yet to see what it is like
Yes. It‘s a weird mix of Adventure, Action and RPG. At first there is very little gameplay and then towards the end I daresay there is perhaps a bit too much of it. Writing, graphics and VO are great though.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
  • Weird West on PC (~8 hours) - good, old immersive sim goodness
  • Fallout 4 on PC (close to 100 hours) - poor RPG, amazing exploration game

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
  • Weird West on PC (~8 hours) - good, old immersive sim goodness
  • Fallout 4 on PC (close to 100 hours) - poor RPG, amazing exploration game
Dude I really agree with your take on Fallout 4. I played it on release and can't remember shit about any of it's characters or quests. But man, that exploration and world building... No one does it like Bethesda.

BigBooper

I ended up playing through it and enjoyed it pretty well. For the first hour and a half, I thought I might drop it, but then the combat skills picked up some and made it a bit more interesting.

Astral Dog

Just started Tales of Arise couple days ago, on the first boss, its not groundbreaking, but very impressive quality for a Tales game, and the battle system is fun and well designed. the last Tales i played was Abyss and i hated it with a passion, so the changes here are all welcome, its an easy recommendation for any RPG fan, before that i played Elden Ring but just gotta say im enjoying ToA way more

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Deaths Gambit Afterlife

I was very excited for this. Got the physical edition too on Switch. My initial reaction was not good. It felt somewhat bland and boring, but fortunately the game has improved a lot the past couple of hours. Been upgrading my character, got a few bad ass abilities and weapons, and it's overall more enjoyable. Looking forward to play some more.

I'm also at Miquellas Haligtree in Elden Ring. I'm feeling I'm nearing the end, but it also feels like I got much more to explore. 130 hours and counting. It's just crazy how much content there is in this game. Gonna need a break after I'm done with NG before I'm doing NG+.

lachesis

Started Trails In the Sky 3 (Steam) - and I think I just started chapter 3.
It's been a few years since I played Trails in the Sky 1 and 2 - and totally forgot about by the whole "quarts" system and all...
but fortunately, the whole story (at least big parts of it) came right back, as well as the memories about main characters too - so so far, enjoying the whole reunion and epilogues from the 2.
(although many of them are rather campy and sometimes too cheesy/corny.. but I guess that's part of the charm)

Thought about jumping right into the Zero - but I guess I made a right choice that some of the terminologies & world terms, I kinda forgot about it and needed some refresher.
Hopefully it won't take me too long to finish this game... (thank goodness on turbo speed function..)

bender

What time is it?
I've sunk some more time into Halo: Infinite. After a few hours in the open world, I can say the game just isn't clicking with me. I'll probably be dropping this and moving onto the next Game Pass title.

I'm almost through the 4th world in Kirby. I really like the creativity and variety found in the various levels. The mouthful mechanic is also pretty great. I'd say there are probably a few too many of the side missions but some of those are pretty fun too. It's not difficult in the least with the most challenging thing being the challenges to defeat the bosses with taking a hit.

I *think* I'm on the final boss of Elden Ring finally. I got my ass handed to me on my first attempt.

Vyse

Gold Member
Decided I wanted something lite after Elden Ring so I picked up Tiny Tina. Really like what I am seeing so far.

tav7623

A few days ago I finally started playing through the PS5 version of Lost Judgment, which I had gotten as a Christmas present last year. I initially beat the first chapter on Christmas day before getting sidetracked by other games I had gotten on Christmas day. Since picking the game back up I've made it all the way to chapter 10 and at my current rate (which is about 3 to 4 chapters every other day) I should finish up the main story here in the next couple of days.

Just finished Death's Door at Steam, what an amazing game took me 13 hours to finish it. Now playing Jedi Fallen Order, my first impression is the game quite hard and the story is quite good.

Duchess

Just finished Death's Door at Steam, what an amazing game took me 13 hours to finish it.
I'm currently doing the umbrella run. It's pretty tough! :)

(edit - that's the one where you can only use the umbrella as your melee weapon, so mostly have to rely on magic)

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Tried out The Crystal Project demo for a bit, and looks interesting enough. It looks like a very, very open ended JRPG, with a job system much like FF V, with lots of freedom and exploration.

Game's done by just one dude and it shows tho, but what's there seems very cool so far.

sedg87

Banned
Beat Dark Souls 2 a few hours ago, well the main boss at least. Got the ancient dragon and all the DLC to try. After that I'll be moving onto Dark Souls 3 and then Demon Souls.

bender

What time is it?
Beat Dark Souls 2 a few hours ago, well the main boss at least. Got the ancient dragon and all the DLC to try. After that I'll be moving onto Dark Souls 3 and then Demon Souls.

You should add Nioh/Nioh 2 to your play list if you haven't tried them already, especially if you enjoy Demon's Soul. They are like the perfect combination of Demon's Souls (level/overall design), Diablo (loot) and Ninja Gaiden (combat).

Just finished the main story in Cyberpunk and the game is very rough to say the least, what a disappointment.

Going to start Demon Souls and Elden Ring next

Last edited:

Nico_D

I'm actually getting a clue how to play Crusader Kings 3! Having lots of fun even with my limited understanding.

RAIDEN1

Completed Broken Sword 5 last-week, then hopped onto Fire watch, pretty good so far, though you can easily lose your bearings, seems more interesting than Call of the Sea, as you got a bit more company with the 2-way radio..

PaintTinJr

Figured that PES 2021 Update might actually end up being the last release of the game on disc that works offline, so ordered a copy last week - my first footy game in about 5-7years after a break from footy games and watching footy weekly.

The game engine is still sublime, while still retaining the old magic from ISS Pro Evo - which I was playing on PS3 for the few days while waiting for my copy to arrive.

I've started playing through the training drills and I'd completely forgotten the joy of firing the ball in the old onion bag - as my old local scene PES sayings went.
JSV1PtE.png

qa2S9Qs.jpg

I'm trying again
I really like Atelier games, but I'm turned off that they've completely quit English voice overs. I've never been one for native language.

People say that it's how it's "meant" to be, but to me, a game is meant to be spoken where the player understands the words coming out if the characters' mouths.

TintoConCasera

Started Silent Hill tonight. I think this might actually be my first horror game with tank controls, since I never owned a Sony system until the PS4, so I missed on all the Resident Evils, Silent Hills and so on.

Played for about 2 or 3 hours. I think I've cleared the school, got a key and now some bell is ringing somewhere. Lots of mistery here, don't know anything but two things: gotta find my daughter, and that cop sure was careless by lending me her gun.

Pretty cool game so far. I'm playing on normal, and so far my only complaint is the lack of difficulty, as I'm swimming in ammo and medpacks, and the first boss was a joke too. Don't care about it too much tho, since I'm loving the rest of the game: atmosphere is pretty cool, specially how the environments start getting more darker and twisted the more you advance, and I also love the lightning system whenever it gets dark and I gotta use the flashlight, pretty cool effect for such an old game. The music is maddening (in a good sense) and I like how the radio sounds (or screeches) whenever an enemy is nearby, adds a lot to the tension. All that added to some nice item hunting and puzzle solving has been enough to keep me entertained for tonight, and yeah, I'll come back for more.

Y0ssarian

Banned
I really like Atelier games, but I'm turned off that they've completely quit English voice overs. I've never been one for native language.

People say that it's how it's "meant" to be, but to me, a game is meant to be spoken where the player understands the words coming out if the characters' mouths.
I understand where you're coming from - I prefer English, but I don't mind the Japanese voices too much. It seems like the translation might have suffered a bit.

Ryza is my first Atelier (and Gust game), I'm going to stick with the game, I really want to play Sophie 2 for some reason. I'm interested in those Nights of Azure and Blue Reflection as well

Top Bottom