• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus
For some reason, this past week I’ve gone on a major Nintendo Switch bender, specifically he digital games on the eshop. I think the wild sales are the main reason, like 75-90 percent off everything. I bought a mini-SD card three days ago and it’s already full. I’m guessing Switch owners just have a tall stack of these to hold everything.

I also got the Reteo-Bit Saturn controller and it’s fantastic. Can’t praise it highly enough and it’s absolutely essential for all 2D games. I got it mainly for Street Fighter 30th Anniversary (the Switch joypad is terrible for fighting games).

Downwell is probably my favorite, followed by Bioshock (a whole trilogy for $20 is an insane deal). Scott Pilgrim is fab. Hollow Knight is fab. Ghost (Sonething, I forget) HD from the Dreamcast is fab. Sonic Mania is fab. There are a bunch of others whose names escape me. I also picked up NFS Hot Pursuit and Burnout Paradise because they were on sale for $10 each. Oh, and that Mythical Greek game, Phoenix Rising or something by Ubisoft, I got that for $15.

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

dee1555d119f499221ce251242d2da3f.jpg

First Katamari game for me and tho the weird controls gave me a negative first impression, I'm now having a blast. I just love everything that's weird about it and the songs...THE SONGS!!!
Still in the early stages, just finished my first 1 meter Katamari.

Can't wait to go... BIGGER
ImperturbableEducatedFairybluebird-max-1mb.gif

I really wish Namco would give us We Love Katamari, which is even crazier and more inventive.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I started Cyberpunk with the PS5 version out. Wasn’t able to focus on it today, so I didn’t play much, but so far I love the atmosphere. Find the voice acting kind of annoying though and emotionless. I guess that’s what happens coming off of Horizon, which is top level voice acting.

The_hunter

I started Cyberpunk with the PS5 version out. Wasn’t able to focus on it today, so I didn’t play much, but so far I love the atmosphere. Find the voice acting kind of annoying though and emotionless. I guess that’s what happens coming off of Horizon, which is top level voice acting.
I really liked the voice acting, especially male V. I haven't made it very far though.

Last edited:

Duchess

Done with Death's Door. I highly recommend it, though be wary of a sudden (and quite frustrating) difficulty spike near the end. There's a bunch of post-game content to do, too. I sort of feel that they could've actually incorporated that into the main quest, which would've been pretty cool.

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

Okay, here's a quick rundown on everything I added to my Nintendo Switch (and a couple digital games I bought some time ago). I haven't played everything yet so I'll just keep things super short:

A Short Hike - Really like this one, very unique, very colorful. I'm looking forward to playing this through to the end.

Capcom Arcade Stadium - I got Ghouls 'N Ghosts and Strider. I'll add Final Fight and Forgotten Worlds later, so basically all the ones that were on Sega Genesis.

Gonner 1 & 2 - Haven't played either yet, but they looked amazing and the prices were under $5 apiece.

Bury Me, My Love - You play as a Syrian War civilian who is in a refugee camp and communicate with your partner through text messages. It won a lot of awards and it's definitely at the vanguard of the indie art-house videogame scene.

Immortals Fenyx Rising - This was on sale for $15 so I finally bought it. Haven't touched it yet, but it looks really good.

Sonic Mania - Terrific remix of 16-bit Sonics with a lot of surprises in the stage designs. Plays perfectly with the Retro-Bit Saturn joypad.

Blaster Master Zero 2 - Looks awesome, I'll pick up the first one tomorrow. Both are on sale for $5 each which seems like a no-brainer. The publisher has a lot of similar 2D retro games that I'm really excited to check out.

Burnout Paradise Remastered - Hope this is really good, grabbed it for $10.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - Ditto for this NFS entry, ported from the PS360 version (the Wii version was entirely different).

Knights & Guns - This arcade-style game plays like Pang or Astroblast (Atari 2600, Intellivision). Definitely an iPhone style but thankfully without the grinding for money. Plays really well if you want a quick sugar rush.

Downwell - Love this one to death, very tough and always keeps you on your toes. The monochrome ZX Spectrum look is terrific and I'm now interested in seeing more retro games steal that look. I paid less than $3 for this.

Arcade Archives: Donkey Kong - It's DK, what's not to love?

Super Blood Hockey - A modern update to NES Ice Hockey, plays very well and looks very good. This is probably the best hockey game on Switch, which is a criminal offense. Did Nintendo just piss off EA or drive over someone's cat?

Bioshock: The Collection - Fantastic, stunning, highly immersive, very intense. Can't believe this box set was being sold for $20. At this rate, I may never pay full retail price for new videogames ever again.

Doom 1 & 2, Doom 64, Doom 3, Doom 2016 - There was a massive 75 percent off sale on all the Doom games, so I bought all but the latest one. This should keep me busy for a long time.

Ghost Blade HD - Terrific indie ripoff of Dodonpachi that was released on Sega Dreamcast. TATE mode is included and plays perfectly with the Saturn controller. Yay!

Paladins - Haven't looked at this one yet. Hope it's good.

Arena of Valor - Haven't looked at this one, either. Welcome to the backlog!

Deltarune Chapter 1 & 2 - Did I mention that I have a serious backlog? This is what happens when everything on Switch eshop is 50-90 percent off the full retail price.

Hollow Knight - I've only played a few minutes, just to reach the first town, but I'm loving it and can tell this will become a personal favorite. And now I'm strangely wishing for Muramasa to arrive on Switch.

Going Under - This one received high praise and the price was dirt cheap. I'll give this a look when I get a chance.

Blazing Beaks - Cute and tough 2D twin-stick shooter with great art design and enough action to keep anyone happy. One of those iPhone-style games, but I have no problem with that. I enjoy iOS games a lot. And this has gun-wielding ducks. Think I paid $2 for this.

The First Tree - Another modern art-house game that's very mellow and seems to emphasize story and atmosphere. Looks great, and if all you really do is just wander around with a fox while a couple talks about their recurring dreams, hey, why not? A relaxing game after the toddler throws an epic tantrum before bed is just what the doctor ordered.

Trash Quest - I was intrigued by the retro pixel-art design, as well as the tough Metroidvania style. There needs to be more of these.

Steamworld Dig - Reminds me a little of the classics Boulderdash and Crystal Mines. I need to grab the sequel while it's on sale.

Cecconoid - Another cool retro-styled shooter in the ZX Spectrum style. Gimme more of these!

Katamari Damacy Reroll - Still the zaniest and wackiest videogame idea in ages. Still terrific fun to play. I really wish Namco would give us the sequel, We Love Katamari.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - Glad to finally see what all the hype was about, was not disappointed. This easily rivals Streets of Rage 4 for my Switch beat-em-up fix.

Powerslave Exhumed - It's perfect and everyone should be playing Powerslave. Why are you even reading this? Go play now!

Yoku's Island Express - A combination of 2D adventure with pinball sim sounds too interesting and unique to pass up. Haven't played it yet but this is definitely on my short list.

Knockout City - Really looking forward to playing this one. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Panzer Dragoon - Bought this a while ago. It's alright but definitely harder to hit targets, and I really wish the graphics weren't as "updated" to look like a modern game. Powerslave shows us how to update a 5th Generation classic the proper way. Still, I'm more than happy to have this one in my library.

Fortnite - Have yet to play this one, I'm sure it's amazing and fun and all that stuff. I'll get to it one of these days.

Rocket League - Ditto once again.

Tetris 99 - Same goes for Tetris 99. I'm sure it's great, I just haven't had the time to check it out. I think it requires an online connection to play.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
They fucking straightly lied saying this one is shorter than Odyssey. Took me 120 hours to platinum. God every time you platinum an Assassin's Creed game, you are gonna get burned out for next year for any Ubisoft game.

Valhalla isn't a bad game, the problem is that Ubisoft is only capable of making 20-hour fun content but they are so obsessed to stretch their games into 100+ hour bloated unfun experience, it's just miserable. The modern time line story this time is actually getting quite intriguing and I hope they can keep their promise to make rift a tight cohesive experience.
uarVAYl.jpg

Fredrik

In short, Elden Ring. It’s hands down one of the best games I’ve ever played.

But I actually stepped out of the Elden Ring bubble last night and played a few hours of Gran Turismo 7 I had preordered and installed but never touched until now.

The driving visuals was a bit underwhelming tbh. Too flat lighting maybe, or just racing tracks being racing tracks, dunno. The UI and out-of-race presentation though, it’s sooo good! The music, slick menus, seeing a face for the UI talks, car talks, the near instant load times etc. It’s all very welcoming in a surprisingly well-presented and car nerdy way, I love it. It’s a game by car lovers for car lovers. ❤️

fart town usa

Gold Member
Elden Ring. I usually jump around from game to game but Elden Ring has me sucked in. Even the times where I load it up and think, "ehh, maybe this session won't be as fun as the last..." But nope. I always stumble on something cool, an upgrade, defeat a boss, etc. A huge part of it are the messages players leave, especially if they take the time to add a gesture to it. Some are so damn funny.

Such a great game. It's just damn fun to play, really make me enter the zone and that's the biggest compliment I can give to a game.

RPS37

Was playing Miles Morales (PS5) and Halo Infinite (XSX)
Dropped them for Elden Ring (XSX) nbut I can’t get into it so now I’m starting on Ghost of Tsushima (PS5) and Guardians of the Galaxy (XSX).

I didn’t even stop playing Spidey and Halo cuz I wasn’t liking it, I just got sucked in by hype. Just had to try something else after ER.
Will probably blast through and finish GOTG first then circle back.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I've been kinda bored with Cyberpunk so far, but I think it's me and not the game. Been pretty busy lately, so by the time I sit down to game, I'm pretty beat and RPGs are the fucking worst thing in the world to play when you're tired. Particularly games like Cyberpunk. All the reading of so many menus and texts and options, looting, etc... my eyes start to get super heavy 20 minutes into my game sessio and I can barely keep them open.

But in general I find it much more difficult to get into games these days. There are always so many systems to learn, so many tutorials and so much dialogue. I swear I don't get sucked into a gameplay loop these days until like the 10 hour mark. Until then it's always a fucking chore unless it's some light platformer or puzzle game.

Last edited:

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

iOS: Aliens Drive Me Crazy -- This is a simple mobile game where you drive a car and smash up aliens in buildings, rescue hostages and generally cause a lot of mayhem. It's free on iOS and fun in short bursts. It's also on sale on Switch and I might pick it up, although I honestly don't know what differences there might be (perhaps less emphasis on useless grinding to sucker you into spending money).

In the middle of Devil May Cry 5. And holy graphics card, Batman, the RE-Engine is something else. In some moments I pretty much freefall into the uncanny valley. Gameplay is also super neat. But man, those stupid dialogues :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Modrot

Finished "Blue Reflection: Second Light".

It has a really cool and interesting story that is screaming at you to replay, it's actually gay (no yuribait) in a non obnoxious way, most of the characters are interesting, and overall it's a game story that's pretty solid good.

Unfortunately the gameplay is rote, it's padded to fuck (should have been 30 hours long, not 50 PLUS require an NG+ to get the true ending), and it's not special in any way gameplaywise.

It should have been either an anime or a manga (or ln). The story for the most part was solid good (I could get into the nitty gritty but meh) and the best part about it.

But ultimately it's a game that neither does anything interesting or novel with the gameplay, nor is the gameplay actually engaging for more than 20 hours.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Been progressing real nicely in Elden Ring. Reached the Capital but haven't entered. Picked up a very cool weapon with an insane weapon art. God skin peeler. I just need to upgrade it. That has been the toughest part. Finding a good weapon is easy, but spend stones on it? What if you find a new cool weapon? Luckily I fell in love with the Cross-naginata early on and it's been with me almost the entire game. But this new weapon is awesome so gonna pump it up so I can use it thoroughly.

I must say, some parts of this game has been rough. I have died a lot. Some bosses are extremely cheap. I dislike some of the infinite stamina bosses that keeps swinging and swinging. It's not about learning patterns, it's just about luck and avoid cheap shots. This shit started in DS3, it's like Miyazaki never left Bloodborne mode and then implemented it in future Souls.

I love Elden Ring, I really do, it has probably the best open world I ever explored, fantastic variety in combat and how to take down enemies, cool lore and story. It's amazing in almost everything it tries to achieve. But with that said, the game is starting to show a few cracks. The world can sometimes be too big, meaning the pacing is off. Up until Storm veil castle the game was ace but after that it's been up and down. It's a lot of fast traveling, making for a fragmented impression, and sometimes I long for the more linear style of previous Souls. It's also reusing alot of bosses, enemies, spells, from the franchise making it feel less fresh for a veteran like me. It also takes fucking forever to get your build up to snuff. I suspect this game really hitting its stride in NG+.

And then we have the performance. It runs fairly well, with a few frame drops here and there overall, but Aldus Plateau has been rough. Almost a slide show sometimes. No bugs it glitches, which is impressive given the scope. And no Dualsense features or 3D audio is s big letdown coming from the excellent Demon's Souls. I hope From Software improves the game in coming updates.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Elden ring
God of War
dota 2

unfortunately not enough time to try shadow warrior 3

been a long time that I've been able to say it's good time to be a pc user

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Been progressing real nicely in Elden Ring. Reached the Capital but haven't entered. Picked up a very cool weapon with an insane weapon art. God skin peeler. I just need to upgrade it. That has been the toughest part. Finding a good weapon is easy, but spend stones on it? What if you find a new cool weapon? Luckily I fell in love with the Cross-naginata early on and it's been with me almost the entire game. But this new weapon is awesome so gonna pump it up so I can use it thoroughly.

I must say, some parts of this game has been rough. I have died a lot. Some bosses are extremely cheap. I dislike some of the infinite stamina bosses that keeps swinging and swinging. It's not about learning patterns, it's just about luck and avoid cheap shots. This shit started in DS3, it's like Miyazaki never left Bloodborne mode and then implemented it in future Souls.

I love Elden Ring, I really do, it has probably the best open world I ever explored, fantastic variety in combat and how to take down enemies, cool lore and story. It's amazing in almost everything it tries to achieve. But with that said, the game is starting to show a few cracks. The world can sometimes be too big, meaning the pacing is off. Up until Storm veil castle the game was ace but after that it's been up and down. It's a lot of fast traveling, making for a fragmented impression, and sometimes I long for the more linear style of previous Souls. It's also reusing alot of bosses, enemies, spells, from the franchise making it feel less fresh for a veteran like me. It also takes fucking forever to get your build up to snuff. I suspect this game really hitting its stride in NG+.

And then we have the performance. It runs fairly well, with a few frame drops here and there overall, but Aldus Plateau has been rough. Almost a slide show sometimes. No bugs it glitches, which is impressive given the scope. And no Dualsense features or 3D audio is s big letdown coming from the excellent Demon's Souls. I hope From Software improves the game in coming updates.
I've always said in the future we'll look back at Dark souls 2 being the greatest entry of the series... what a game

PsyEd

I got SIFU of Epic Games store since I just felt guilty after getting tons of monthly free games...one after another. So got this due to it's hype...and it delivers!

The game scratches my itch for beat'em ups perfectly and it's the best way to vent my frustrations after a crappy day at work! Then I discovered the pc mod scene for this game...is just exploding and is totally a different beast than it is on ps5. I highly recommend it as the mods increase replayability by 10x imho!

Here's a short demo of the game with no HUD and with my favourite character Majima from Yakuza series

Playing Elden Ring, and this game…… fucking sucks!!! Worst souls game. Nothing but a huge time stink.
Weird, they gave you the wrong game. The one I played was the best game I ever played.

I'm about 5 or 6 hours into Triangle Strategy now. It's good, but I'm having a difficult time getting invested. I don't know if it's too much story segments, too slow of battles, or just because I'm still coming off Elden Ring and everything just pales in comparison.

Last edited:

stn

That's
Finished Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge, Otogi: Myth of Demons & Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny since I last posted here. Otogi>Onimusha 2>NG3RE

I'm about halfway through Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. It's great
I'm also working on beating all of those. I'm at the final mission in MGRR, just haven't played it in a while. Lately I'm playing Hitman 2 and Elden Ring (both XSX).

Finally 100%'d Tales of Symphonia (5 playthroughs, 250 hours). The last achievement wouldn't unlock until I installed a fan patch... turns out the reason why it's only at 0.6% on Steam isn't that it's hard to get, just that it's been glitched since release day lol.

Next one in the pipe, at least until Kirby's here, is Tales of Vesperia. Played it on the Switch for quite a bit, double dipped on Steam during a big sale (when Arise got released I believe), we'll see how it compares.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I played Terraria for a bit and I kind of hated it so I quit. I picked up Sea of Thieves again. I played it at launch and I didn't like it. I spent 6 hours with it last night and loved it. I could see myself losing sleep to play it so I'm going to back off.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
I gotta say, the level design and scope of Leyndell, Capital city, in Elden Ring, feels pretty fucking next gen. Or at least it's something I never experienced before. It's like the city From Software always wanted to make but never could. We've seen glimpse of it, like Anor Londo, Irithyll or the Ringed City, but Leyndell is that city, where you can explore every street. The buildings and backgrounds are not just backdrops, but actual levels you can progress through. Absolutely amazing level. So fucking impressed.

dave_d

Just finished Infamous (PS3) which I started after Prey(2006). Infamous was pretty good although Second Son is way too similar. (I played Second Son first.) Oh, FWIW Prey was ok but lousy finish. Thinking of moving on to Ys1&2 on the PSP next. (I'll play something current soon.)

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I'm finding Cyberpunk incredibly freaking boring. The world is gorgeous and really well designed and looks so interesting and inviting to explore, but so far I haven't found any real reason to explore it aside from questing. Just bins and lockers and boxes to loot. And I find the missions really boring. They're putting me to sleep. And I read that it's best to save all the side content til after the main story, which IMO is kinda dumb. I like pausing between quests in open world games to explore and the best way to explore is to go to and from quests and see what's in between, but so far most of my quests are out of my level range or can't be done at the moment. And I don't like the menu systems. They're hard to navigate and confusing. It took me a while to even figure out how to equip a new shirt. It was in my inventory but for some reason didn't pop up under my list of clothes. It was odd.

Not sure if I'm gonna stick with it or not. I'll play for some more hours and see how I feel.

Last edited:

Paltheos

Tokyo Xanadu ex+: I'm on my "Calamity Infinity" NG+ run. This run has seemed more like how the game should be played, comparatively. Raiden-element speed on everyone should have been the baseline movement speed (they all feel so slow without it), and enemies, at least on this difficulty, should also have been faster to compensate. OD Asuka has been a tad ridiculous, cheaper than allot of the shit Mitsuki gets away with via Hermit Shell - Most encounters can be cheesed with ranged attacks because she consumes so little mana. I've still had fun with this run though. Most things actually hurt this time so those fights I can't just blitz with X-Strike/X-Drive/EX attack chains I need to learn enemy patterns because I die in two hits.

I'm almost done now - At the foot of the After Story final dungeon: The final, final boss is probably the one I'm most afraid of because he's so tanky and I can't just rely on my heavy hitters. Chapter 6 boss was probably the most interesting overall - I feel like the most work went into that fight to make it interesting. I had been most scared of the Chapter 5 boss because that dude wrecked my shit on Normal, way more than any encounter in my first playthrough, but thankfully I noticed she had a Spirit weakness this time so I stunlocked her with Asuka this time around. Final Chapter boss gave me more trouble than I expected. Her arm swipes in particular gave me a fair amount of trouble - Very wide range and I never did consistently get the dodge timing down.

About the game overall - Subpar Falcom imo but I still had a fun time with it. Soundtrack is 95% Sonoda/Unisuga so it's mostly reliable: Allot of the casual/around-the-town music feels like worse Cold Steel fare (so still better than average for most games), but some of the dungeon music is great. Hazy Moon is probably one of my all-time favorite Unisuga tracks. I've enjoyed the combat in this game a fair bit more than the recent Ys titles because the game doesn't force a dumb party that (auto)-fights together with you - You have a party but field one character (that you control) at a time. Still not as good as the best Ys games, but I liked it, especially on NG+ when I was forced to play properly.

Most of the game's story didn't have a big impact on me, but something about the Normal ending actually got me feeling down for a day or so. That last scene in particular followed by the vocal arrangement of "X.R.C." hit me in just the right way and closed the game about as well as you possibly could (Maybe I'll talk about it in more detail later). Unfortunately then you get to play the 'True Ending' after it and I couldn't shake the feeling that I was playing bad fanfiction. It ruins the ending to the game lol. Oh well.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Because of the hype and also because I find myself mildly bored after playing too much Horizon FW I decided to buy and play Elden Ring as my 2nd game.

4 hours in… well I‘ll be damned. The Open World is acutally as good as everyones says. Like BoTW, only with meaningful stuff to find and also great too look at. Struggling a bit with the with button switch to a Two Hander though during the action. Can‘t seem to get used to it…

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Just took down Morgott, the Omen King in Elden Ring. It took three fucking hours to best him. Absolute madness, especially his second phase. I don't know how many times I got my ass handed to me, in fact I don't even wanna know, but man did it felt good when I landed that final blow. And after that, I'm going on a new journey. I played for 90 hours and I'm on to a new quest? How big is this game really?

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
With Elden Ring I think the main story progression 66% done according PS5 and currently I'm in Ch 10 in Triangle Strategy.

Y0ssarian

Banned
That's

I'm also working on beating all of those. I'm at the final mission in MGRR, just haven't played it in a while. Lately I'm playing Hitman 2 and Elden Ring (both XSX).
What did you think of them? I'm also on the final mission of Metal Gear Rising now. I'm going to start Bayonetta 2 after I finish MGRR, and I'm going to start Asura's Wrath today. Someone recommended Asura's Wrath to me but apparently most of it is cutscenes and QTEs so I don't have much hope for it tbqh.

Modrot

Went back to Pokémon Legends Arceus to finish post game and play through the daybreak update. Having fun again after taking a break.

My postgame team is looking noice.

Also playing Blaster Master Zero, fun so far. Basically a Metroidlike that's focused on sidescrolling and topdown shooting.

stn

What did you think of them? I'm also on the final mission of Metal Gear Rising now. I'm going to start Bayonetta 2 after I finish MGRR, and I'm going to start Asura's Wrath today. Someone recommended Asura's Wrath to me but apparently most of it is cutscenes and QTEs so I don't have much hope for it tbqh.
I haven't beaten any of them yet but so far I would say:

Otogi - 9
NG3 RE - 7.5
MGRR - 8.5
Onimusha 2 -7

I did complete Bayonetta 2, however, and it was fantastic. No idea on Asura's Wrath, but what you said about QTE's is correct from what I have heard.

Last edited:
hcZGWfU.jpg

FBllwC9.jpg

GR5ViRG.jpg

j70oy90.jpg

Finished Planet Laika last night. It's quite an experience; I'm still thinking about some of the elements of the story, but I can easily say there are very few games out there like it. Can't wait to talk more about it, but I still need to do something for Phantasy Star IV and Record of Lodoss War first.

Squeezing in some time with Horizon Forbidden West as well. Still early on and doing some of the sidequests will probably spend time on the mini-games as well. It's a long-hauler on my end given its size but I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm probably going to stick with the Hunter and Medic classes for builds primarily, and do enough for the Machine class to unlock mounting.

As well, the combat's been clicking more with me; I'm not particularly great at melee in this game (I do wish there was a way to defend with weapons even if that wore down their endurance) but feels like going mid/long-range with arrows and traps, reserving melee for finishing blows works best with my playstyle.

Also finished Go Go Ackman 3 over the weekend; I like the game, it's quite funny and it's got a lot of heart. Those bosses are a bit more challenging than they'd seem tho due to some sloppy hitboxes on the characters (at least that's how it felt like), and the final boss can go kick rocks. Still though, it's fun playing through the more niche, lesser-known SFC/MegaDrive-era platformers and games in general.

Don't have a lot of time to play games anymore, so mostly on weekends.

That's my issue as well. I try to squeeze in about a couple hours of HFW every other weekday, then get more time in on the weekends but that gets shared with playing retro games. Goodness forbid I start up another JRPG too soon but it's probably gonna happen. If some of references are correct and considering my current pace, if I only focus on main content and maybe a few side events I could finish HFW within four weeks.

But it'll probably be a bit longer than that because I like to explore around for collectibles and there are some mini-games I want to play, plus a few side-quests I will do along the way. That said tho it should still fit nicely in my gaming schedule for the next month or two as there are no other massive games I'd be playing outside of maybe another JRPG (which I'm currently still deciding between, I like to do one for each major retro system at a time so it'll probably be something between Saturn or PC-Engine/CD next), and maybe some other weird retro game which could be anything big or small (no telling with them).

Probably a good thing I'm waiting until later in the year to pick up Elden Ring and GT7 (if I manage to pick up a PS5). Wouldn't mind Starfield either but that'd depend on PC. GoW Ragnarok I could probably get by with that on PS4.

Last edited:

BigBooper

Guardians of the Galaxy and got to chapter 3. So far I'm really glad I didn't fall for the hype and buy it. It's a pretty cookie cutter walk and talk narrative action game a la Tomb Raider, at least so far. I'm so burned out on that type of game. I'll keep playing a little to see if it picks up.

Dragon Age Inquisition. I gave up on this game back in the day in the first open zone. Everyone always said, just get out of the Hinterlands and it'll get better so I just now got around to trying again. Those people were wrong. It's an incredibly boring game. I'm about 35 hours into it now and I'm probably going to bail again. It's not as bad as DA2, but it's just boring. Couple of stinkers there.

I have been replaying Burnout Paradise though and it's great fun.

Y0ssarian

Banned
I haven't beaten any of them yet but so far I would say:

Otogi - 9
NG3 RE - 7.5
MGRR - 8.5
Onimusha 2 -7

I did complete Bayonetta 2, however, and it was fantastic. No idea on Asura's Wrath, but what you said about QTE's is correct from what I have heard.
Solid scores, I pretty much agree with them but I'd give Onimusha 2 an 4/5.

I still haven't beaten MGRR yet but I dropped Asura's Wrath and I started Onimusha 3: Demon Siege. It's really heckin' good. I played nearly half of the game already. I'm playing Babylon's Fall as well. I'm power level 54 and starting to have trouble finding people to match with for the campaign. Once Stranger of Paradise comes out I'm putting my backlog on hold

Top Bottom