• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

ACESHIGH

Banned
Rage 2: Amazing graphics and gunplay. I xcoulnt care one bit about the story. And also the open world is mediocre and missions are very repetitive.

Devs should really stop the hard on with open worlds. What happened to the good old tight FPS level based campaigns? This game would have worked wonders with it.

sedg87

Banned
Still rolling my way through Dark Souls 3. Defeated a few bosses since my last post: Consumed King, Dragon Armour, Champion Gundyr and the Ancient Wyvern. I panicked a little when fighting the Wyvern because I was holding onto a fair few souls, so I ran around like an idiot after having my health almost depleted, then hid behind a pillar down some stairs and chugged an Estus. Then I realised the dragon wouldn't come down the stairs and that his fire breath wouldn't reach me. Yes...I stood behind a pillar and killed him with wooden arrows. Dragons are my least favourite bosses in the Souls games and that's my excuse.

T-Cake

I seriously hope the PS+ refresh in June brings a whole raft of more recent titles to PlayStation. I'm really struggling to find something to play on the PS5 whereas I look at Game Pass and there are a shit ton of great games. I wanted to play Assassin's Creed Origins (at 60fps) but my patience is running out so reckon I'll start Assassin's Creed Odyssey tonight.

_Ex_

Last week I realized I hadn't fired up my 3DS in over four years, so I decided to play Ever Oasis. Thus far (5 hours in) Ever Oasis is quite enjoyable. It's a mix of town building and action-RPG, kind of like say Dark Cloud or Soul Blazer to an extent. I was initially wary due to its cutesy aesthetic, but the gameplay is legit.

Roxkis_ii

I'm currently playing Cyberpunk. I'm at the second to last story mission and I'm just doing all the side quest. It blows my mind that Jonny sliverhand questline is a side quest. I'm really enjoying the game and I don't usually care for western RPG's but cyberpunk is really immersive and fun. It's so many options on how to approach situations, and I'm enjoying the freedom. It's the first game that I started using stealth in and I'm a fan.

Also still playing Horzion forbidden west. I beat the story missions already, so I'm just enjoying the really good side quest. They story was disappointing to me compared to the first, but the the rest of the game is great!

I'm still playing Overwatch 4v4 deathmatch. It's like my comfort food.

Also still playing gta online. I still really enjoy the racing.

Can wait to get GT7 later this week!

Mr Hyde

150 hours now in Elderly Ring. Still in Mountain top region. Still finding new dungeons. I also got the underground sewers beneath Leyndell to explore. When I first arrived I was under leveled but now I should manage. I really hope the game is coming to a close soon. Absolutely bonkers how big this game is.

I also fired up Resident Evil Village and it's okay. Not the refreshing entry that seven was, but still enjoyable. Graphics are very good. Incredible atmosphere and setting. I'm past Dimitrescus castle and back in the small village I started in. I kinda wish this was in third person.

I also went back to a classic. Bought Blood Omen Legacy of Kain on PC. Love this game. The cut scenes look like shit but the rest holds up pretty well. I'm at Nupraptors retreat. Best Zelda clone ever. The soundtrack is amazing, and so is the atmosphere and the story. Very good writing and voice acting. Truly ahead of its time.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Gitaroo Man - Very fun and charming. My rhythm should be better though. lol

Escape from Monkey Island - Just started it. Never played it before.

Javthusiast

Banned
Guardians on game pass. Love the world and characters. Rocket can get grating at times. But the combat and just overall gameplay I just try to get through cause it is not fun. Clunky, janky, subpar.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Still on Dragon's Dogma. Tried more classes like Mystic Knight and Assassin, but nah man, born as Fighter and I'll die as a Fighter.

Game's just as cool as I remember. Love when you are minding your bussiness on the wilderness and suddenly you spot the shadow of a griffin or the eyes of a manticore in the night.

Can't believe no other dev has tried emulating this one. Guess Souls gameplay style must be easier to replicate.

Last edited:

Stealthbushido

Neo Member
Honestly I've been trying to finish up my backlog of game's I'm currently playing so I can move on. Currently playing the Mass Effect Legendary Edition on PS4. Currently halfway through Mass Effect 3 so I'm just about done. I would definitely recommend it to veterans or new players.

Elden Ring on weekends for coop sessions.

A bit of grinding in Demon's Souls. Also chipping away at Ghostwire: Tokyo.

I'm really itching to play through Code: Veronica X though. The OST is just so damn good and I haven't played through the PS3 version in a while, might have to jump in and just plow through it.
Replaying Gamecube version of Code Veronica X myself, think I'm stuck on a unwinnable playthrough because I used up all healing items. Thankfully I can revert to older save when I'm up for it again

Edit: Ik what you mean, dat OST is just...pure campiness late 90s early 2000s horror goodness!

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Replaying Gamecube version of Code Veronica X myself, think I'm stuck on a unwinnable playthrough because I used up all healing items. Thankfully I can revert to older save when I'm up for it again

Edit: Ik what you mean, dat OST is just...pure campiness late 90s early 2000s horror goodness!
Very nice. Yea, CVX might be my 2nd favorite classic RE game. I definitely have issues with it though, the story being the main one, and the lack of jackets in the Antarctica area, so dumb. The character design is absolute shit IMO, lol. I love the gameplay, OST, and the abundance of puzzles. More than makes up for the shortcomings. I'll probably do another playthrough for my YouTube, wasn't too happy with the audio levels on the one I did last year, but it's just something for fun that I don't take all that serious. Good excuse to revisit the game.

Very nice. Yea, CVX might be my 2nd favorite classic RE game. I definitely have issues with it though, the story being the main one, and the lack of jackets in the Antarctica area, so dumb. The character design is absolute shit IMO, lol. I love the gameplay, OST, and the abundance of puzzles. More than makes up for the shortcomings. I'll probably do another playthrough for my YouTube, wasn't too happy with the audio levels on the one I did last year, but it's just something for fun that I don't take all that serious. Good excuse to revisit the game.
I have a soft spot for the anime cheesiness of the game, down to its save theme XD it just wouldn't be the same game without all those things, warts and all. I love that 2000s ish visual design too...its gameplay is a magic wonder of the classic survival horrors if I wanted a more grounded RE plenty of others exist but thats my 2 cents on it, youre entitled to your likes and dislikes regarding CVX and other things :]

fart town usa

Gold Member
I have a soft spot for the anime cheesiness of the game, down to its save theme XD it just wouldn't be the same game without all those things, warts and all. I love that 2000s ish visual design too...its gameplay is a magic wonder of the classic survival horrors if I wanted a more grounded RE plenty of others exist but thats my 2 cents on it, youre entitled to your likes and dislikes regarding CVX and other things :]
Absolutely. I'm happy with anyone speaking highly of, and enjoying the game, I feel like it's the mainline entry that gets overlooked the most.

RAIDEN1

So I just completed Firewatch for the first-time, only because it was on Gamepass, the ending was like..."oh...ok".. welcome change to the Halos etc..Delilah had a charm that I never expected she would have had ahead of playing the game, shame they never actually showed what she looked like...and her and henry were always on the very edge of flirting with each other instead of being more than just walkie-talkie friends....

R6Rider

Gold Member
GT7 like crack
Go GIF

Markio128

On my 2nd HFW play-through and have just completed the GT7 menu. Both should keep me busy for the next few weeks, then I’ll probably continue with my ER play-through. I may even give Crusader Kings 3 a bash.

Hestar69

Guardians on game pass. Love the world and characters. Rocket can get grating at times. But the combat and just overall gameplay I just try to get through cause it is not fun. Clunky, janky, subpar.
Yeah the controls do feel a bit..off right? Or am I crazy? I tried to play a little bit when it came out on game pass and the controls didn't feel good.

OT: been playing Rocket league,PUBG and a little Horizion FW

Sublyme

Neo Member
After three playthroughs of Elden Ring and getting all achievements, I've moved on to Sekiro.

I thought I was ready.

I was not ready. 😅

Amazing game, but it's gonna take a while to lose the Soulsborne dodge muscle memory.

After three playthroughs of Elden Ring and getting all achievements, I've moved on to Sekiro.

I thought I was ready.

I was not ready. 😅

Amazing game, but it's gonna take a while to lose the Soulsborne dodge muscle memory.
Sekiro is the hardest and my least favorite modern From game. It's still great, but I found all the one on one sword fight bosses frustrating and tiresome. I still feel that way even after getting the platinum.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Sekiro is the hardest and my least favorite modern From game. It's still great, but I found all the one on one sword fight bosses frustrating and tiresome. I still feel that way even after getting the platinum.
I’m quite opposite, as pure melee fighter in almost 100% Souls games, Sekiro is by far my favourite FROM game, in my opinion it has the most satisfying melee combat.

Sublyme

Neo Member
I'm really enjoying it so far, I'm just finding it wildly different to all the other From games I've played. I've died so many times because my natural reaction is to roll into and through enemy attacks, built up playing hundreds of hours as a melee class in DeS, DS1-3 and ER.
I’m quite opposite, as pure melee fighter in almost 100% Souls games, Sekiro is by far my favourite FROM game, in my opinion it has the most satisfying melee combat.
I can see glimmers of it now and again. I'm just not good enough yet to fully appreciate it. 😁

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I can see glimmers of it now and again. I'm just not good enough yet to fully appreciate it. 😁
It also took me time for me click, but when I fought Genichiro the combat suddenly click with and just hooked on the game.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

I think I'm finally at the end in Elden Ring. 165 hours. The last couple of bosses after Melania has been somewhat of a breeze. Fire Giant, Mohg and Maliketh have all gone down after a couple of tries. Maliketh was a pretty epic boss fight I must say. He was very fun. It feels good to finally lay this game aside for some time. I've barely played anything else since its release 25th of February. After that, I will tackle NG+ and beyond.

Doom 2016 on PC with Steam controller: such a badass game! I want to see it through to the end this time. Absolutely love how you can enable the classic gun angle in settings->game. Makes it feel more like a classic DOOM game

Luigi's Mansion 3DS: A great enhanced version of the original game! Highly recommended for fans of the original Gamecube game over the sequels

Kid Icarus Uprising: Another 3DS great! Its pure bliss, the only achilies heel being the control scheme. Something a remaster can enhance :]

Megaman Zero 1 in the Megaman Zero collection DS: So far, of my attempts to beat this game, I think this one will be the time I succeed at beating it and finally moving on to the other Zero games and the ZXs too

GymWolf

Finishing weird west and strangely enjoying tiny tina wonderlands, such a way better game than bl3 except the guns which are way worse for the most part.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Started playing through RE5 for the first time. Playing it with co-op.

This game is so bad, that it's good.

Last edited:

Nico_D

Left Kirby at 87%. What's left is the collectibles and the final cup. Might not have enough patience for either. Great game though!

Started True Colors on GP.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’ve been playing the Chrono Cross Remake and for whatever reason the game felt better when I played it on PSX. Pixelated polygons make the game come to life and maybe that’s due to experiencing the majority of these games during their prime years. The speed boost definitely helps move things along. That and the no enemy encounters make it better.

Ichidant-R on Switch. A puzzle game from Sega that was for the Mega Drive, but never was released here in the states. Fun mini games. The thief matching game is great. The train track game is infuriating at times. Overall a very fun game. I started ER on PS4. I’m taking a small break after Platinum and putting about 100 hours into the PS5 version.

BigBooper

I finished up Bioshock. It's such a great game. I'm glad I revisited it because I had forgotten the story about Atlas, and also I wasn't sure about the overall message of the game.

At the time it released, people on forums I was on were gaslighting about what the problems with Rapture were. They claimed it was a warning against unfettered capitalism and that they way that society developed was a realistic natural progression of a purely capitalist society hurr durr Ayn Rand. I knew that wasn't correct at the time, but I didn't pay enough attention to the story to effectively argue the point that it wasn't even a purely capitalist society to begin with.

You had banned goods that people were smuggling in, addicts, rebels, and slavery of the Little Sisters, along with numerous other vices contributing to it's downfall. It's more about the fallibility of man than anything else.

Gameplay wise, there were a few things I didn't like, like not being able to quickly switch between using a weapon and using a plasmid. Also, I died a few times until I realized you can't sneak up on a turret no matter how quick you are or if you come from behind. Overall though, fantastic game and I'm looking forward to playing Bioshock 2 again soon.

_______

I also finished playing Astroneer. I'd been playing it with my brother for a couple of weeks. It's fun just building up a base, harvesting materials, and traveling to other planets. We walked away from base to blow up something and when I got back to base, one of the large storage containers where we'd been putting some unused items was missing. It disappeared. A few days later, my brother was on another planet and I went to take some supplies to him. When I landed back at the starting planet, three of the expensive vehicles it had taken a while to build were missing. I dug out the ground under the base and found one of the vehicles in a cave, but everything else was gone. Welp, we were pissed and dropped that game. This is apparently a bug that has been happening for years with no fix.

-----------

I'm currently playing Dying Light. It's pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of the story, or the art style of the game, but the parkour is fun. The combat is ok.

Mr Hyde

The last stretch in Elden Ring has been nothing but pure garbage. It's just one endless boss gauntlet that never ends, with the usual infinite stamina bullshit that From keeps spamming cause they are out of ideas. And when you finally think you've defeated the end boss it resurrects with one final fuck you form. Talk about fucking hubris.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
518B2PBNkHL.jpg

I had a lot of fun on my first play though. Sony fanboys root for this game because it's an exclusive but it has a sense originality (combat, suits, energy of the city etc.) another thing is web slinging is the best.

The_hunter

518B2PBNkHL.jpg

I had a lot of fun on my first play though. Sony fanboys root for this game because it's an exclusive but it has a sense originality (combat, suits, energy of the city etc.) another thing is web slinging is the best.
Best part of this game is dodging into a wall, and doing a wall jump attack into an opponent.

Top Bottom