• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

lachesis

Almost at the end of the Trails in the Sky 3. Right now, more or less in a "boss rush" mode in 6th plane.

The character interactions can be a bit too fluffy in this game.. that they are always sucking each other up, complimenting etc - almost in a formulaic way.
That kind of talks wasn't that bothersome in the grand scheme of storyline in FC and SC
- but the 3 being more or less a fan service game focusing on the flashbacks and small tidbits... with recycled dungeons and maps with very little story going on... It has become a bit too monotonous.

I kinda wish that the game was half its length with lesser amount of playable characters.
Or at least make other characters in the dugout to level up along with main ones, and be more generous with the sephis and the level caps.
It's like level caps are there to specifically block your progress..

Dr. Suchong

Finally had the audacity to take a day from work and plunge into Elden ring properly.
I love the combat.
Despite the summons, skills etc it still feels grounded, just enough depth in the combat to keep you interested and experimenting without it getting to the dizzying silliness of combat in something like DMC/Bayo (I love those games but my memory is too poor to remember huge combinations)
Every enemy encounter feels meaningful.
Enemy design is sublime.
Art direction inspired.
Story (as you'd expect from Fromsoft) intriguing and obtuse.
I just love it. Hopefully I'll get to play more soon.

Y0ssarian

Banned
SxquHsn.jpg

kOqNhaY.jpg

Bartski

Gold Member
After finally having recovered from Elden Ring and cleansing palate with a few smaller games I just started Horizon Forbidden West. So far so good, I haven't touched HZD since 2017 but for now, it feels like just more of the same, for better or worse. Best looking game I played this year by far. The low fps resolution mode takes getting used to, I always play in performance but here the downgrade is so big wtf?? I'm sticking to 4k for now.

After finally having recovered from Elden Ring and cleansing palate with a few smaller games I just started Horizon Forbidden West. So far so good, I haven't touched HZD since 2017 but for now, it feels like just more of the same, for better or worse. Best looking game I played this year by far. The low fps resolution mode takes getting used to, I always play in performance but here the downgrade is so big wtf?? I'm sticking to 4k for now.
At least the 24fps in 4K mode will be more…cinematic :)

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
finished elden ring this morning. i really should get back to Shin Megami Tensei V but i'm considering replaying bloodborne or dark souls 3. leaning towards DS3 cause i never did do the DLC.

on PC i'm going between Rocket League + Fortnite. downloaded Genshin Impact. i've played it before but deleted my account so i'll be starting a new game.

Naked Lunch

I've given up on ever beating ff12. I hit a wall with a boss and just don't feel like the grinding I'd have to do is worth it.
Interesting. Im wondering what boss - usually a change in tactics or gambits does the trick - unless your talking about an optional hunt which can get brutal.

Jaybe

Back from a vacation away and with it being a long weekend, I loaded up Mass Effect LE. Just finished Mass Effect 1. It’s been a long time since I played it. Nice improvements over the original. Still a fantastic game with great characters. Waiting for ME2 to download now to continue onward.

Mr Hyde

Since I can't beat the final boss in Elden Ring, I'm going around exploring the lands trying discover shit I've missed on my journey so far. Upgrading weapons, gear and character. Since I respecced to a dex-arc I've been having lots of fun. I love Regen builds, so I'm power stancing super fast daggers (Reduvia and Misericord) and together they have around 180 blood build up, just annihilating everything. Coupled with talismans for regaining health and Rykards rune I barely have to use my flasks other than boss fights. I also have Morgotts Cursed Sword which do tons of stagger poise for great knockdown effect. Total bad ass right now.

> was halfway through the second chapter of Tales of Vesperia
> while checking an older save for any missed stuff (and there's a lot in this game), accidentally overwrites current save with that one - 20 hours and 4 bosses before where I was.

:messenger_moon:

Current rotation is SF3 3rd Strike and Groove-On Fight for short quick sessions, Shining Force III and Horizon Forbidden West for main. Shining Force III today, HFW on Sunday.

I should really try squeezing in more playtime during weekdays, this week should be pretty decent for that.

Rippa

Got Platinum in Elden Ring (PS4 on PS5) after 100 hours.

Going for Platinum on PS5 version (NG+) because it’s GOTY and I adore all FROM souls games. (No, save transfer from PS4 to PS5 doesn’t pop trophies, you have to re-earn them)

I occasionally sprinkle in some GT7 on a G29 wheel/pedal/shifter in between sessions.

After that it’s Horizon II.

Last edited:

The Skull

Paper Mario: TOK and having an absolute blast. One bit I thought was really well done
is Bobby's sacrifice. His arc was really well done and his back story is quite tragic. I couldn't believe one of the best depictions of death in a video game came from a fucking Paper Mario game

Last edited:
Lost in Random,
The combat is starting to drag on a bit but I want to see where the story is going. Combat is truly random, and very easy.
The visuals, characters and world are super charming, in a Tim Burton way. I like it. I've only seen a few of the worlds so far. Don't know how long the game is.

marcincz

Interesting. Im wondering what boss - usually a change in tactics or gambits does the trick - unless your talking about an optional hunt which can get brutal.
Me too.
Finished last year on PS4 and don't remember any troubles with bosses.

Playing Last Stop on XBO. Quite good.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Finally wrapped up Horizon FW. What a slog it has been. Think I‘m done with OW games for the foreseeable future.

Booted the RE Remake right after. What a game… Never fails to remind me it‘s less me who has changed but games itself. Gonna stick to the classics now alongside the wrap up of Elden Ring.

Mr Hyde

Finally bested Elden Ring. After 190 hours and two months of playing, the end credits roll. What a journey. I've been in awe. I've been furious. I've felt every known feeling to man. It's such a unique experience it's hard to describe everything I've experienced, but despite its flaws it's an amazing game, with so much to see and do. It's a crazy amount of content, and almost everything is worth exploring. Game of the generation.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I'm in a bit of a gaming rut after going on a nice run of games. I had a list of games I planned to play all set up. Final Fantasy Origins... I played it for a bit and wasn't into it at all. Ghostwire Tokyo... way slower than I expected it to be. Was insanely bored 2 hours in and quit. I'll probably go back to it but not now. GT7... I was enjoying it, but not really in the mood for a racing game right now. Lego Star Wars... some aspects I absolutely love about it, but ultimately I find it really slow and the in between major story sections I find super boring. It's basically just running around breaking and collecting stuff, and the menu system is so horribly and confusingly designed.

So in desperation, I bought Cathedral... an old school style metroidvania type game, but it's a super lite version of these kinds of games. Hasn't grabbed my interest.

So I had this whole lineup of games I planned to play for several weeks and none of them I could give more than a few hours. I planned to be busy with these all through April and May and now I have to remake an entire list. I still haven't started Elden Ring, I thought about it, but I really have to be in the mood for FromSoft games and I'm really not right now. I beat Dark Souls remastered and 3 not too long ago, and I want to space it out, I'm really getting burnout from their combat system at this point.

I was planning on just sticking with Lego Star Wars, because when I get to the epic parts I find them really cool and they're done really well, but once they're over it puts me to sleep. Literally. Fell asleep 3 times already playing before bed. I'm waiting for my physical copy of Lodoss War Deelit to arrive at the end of the month, dying to play that. Until then need a game to kill time.

RPS37

Rage 2. I’m tempted to start a LTTP thread about it. I originally started it to unlock an achievement for the rewards program, but now I’m playing it cuz it’s fun. Graphics aren’t too bad, gunplay feels good.
Dabbed in some random co op experiences with my friend who also has Game Pass as well.
Deep Rock Galactic was surprisingly pretty fire, but a little hard. Delivered though.
Got my friend to start Gears 5 co op with me. His first Gears game. I think he was pretty impressed with what we played.
We fought each other in MK11 . Dope ass graphics, but we’re not really fighting game fans.
We also tried the start of Sea of Thieves. Kinda fun.

My poor poor backlog weaps.

Nico_D

Deep Rock Galactic was surprisingly pretty fire, but a little hard. Delivered though.

Playing this with my son while waiting for new content for Grounded. Deep Rock is a really fun romp, brains off kind of entertainment. And has loads of co-op in it, the synergy between different characters is great.

Cock of War

Days Gone and Sniper Elite 4.
Days Gone seems allright.
Sniper Elite I started years ago, forgot about it. Saw a trailer for Sniper Elite 5 and got a hankering for some x-ray kills. Easy to pick up again and quite chill and enjoyable.

drganon

Got some more post game trophies in Horizon forbidden west. Probably not gonna bother going for the platinum. I'm fairly satisfied with what I've done.

Also went back to guardians of the galaxy. The combat sections of the game are becoming more annoying. I'm pretty certain that once I beat the game, I'm deleting it off my hard drive.

Lastly, now that I've let my frustration subside, I'm going to give ff12 zodiac age another shot.

Rage 2. I’m tempted to start a LTTP thread about it. I originally started it to unlock an achievement for the rewards program, but now I’m playing it cuz it’s fun. Graphics aren’t too bad, gunplay feels good.
Dabbed in some random co op experiences with my friend who also has Game Pass as well.
I got that game for free on Epic, and I had so much fun that when those rage coins were on sale, I purchased the DLC (Deluxe Pack + Rise of the ghosts + Terrormania). Was a little over $10 I think.

Really fun, definitely worth a full playthrough, although once you've cleared the map there's not much to do, since enemies are too scattered to really go on a crazy rampage.

SEGA_2012

Dark Souls.
I finally got further in the game.
Now i am facing some TREE MONSTERS :messenger_open_mouth:
And there is a strange dude in front of a gate. He keeps saying "hmmm hmm the gate is closed" :goog_rofl:
What a great game !

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Double dipped on Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. Its been a couple of years but I am having fun learning the combo's again. I played it on and off but after I packed my PS3 away about a year after I got my PS4 not since then. So its nice to have easy access to it on my PS5.

ahtlas7

Just finished Horizon (not so) Forbidden West
moved on to Zelda: Skyward Sword on Switch and Bus Driver Simulator 21 on Pc.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Still Dragon's Dogma. I was too attached to my delusions of control, so now Grigori is fucking dead and I have a duchess to show for it. Not bad I guess, but I wanted brown tomboy aka Mercedes. :lollipop_crying:

I'm doing the Everfall now, but honestly after doing all the new bosses it gets kinda boring. Love the beholder fight. Might pass on the online Ur-Dragon and just go to Bitterback Isle. On my previous playthough I skipped the second run of BBI, so that's something I'm looking forward to.

Btw, any cool shit on the post game Gransys? I've done the Hydra at shadow's fort but don't know if it's worth it to explore everything again, since some areas seem to still spawn the same enemies as during the normal game.

13 Sentinels on the Switch. Glorious.
How's the port? Any framerate dips? Really interested in picking this one up.

Dark Souls.
I finally got further in the game.
Now i am facing some TREE MONSTERS :messenger_open_mouth:
And there is a strange dude in front of a gate. He keeps saying "hmmm hmm the gate is closed" :goog_rofl:
What a great game !
Have fun man! Playing that game for the first time sure is something else.

Last edited:

Deerock71

How's the port? Any framerate dips? Really interested in picking this one up.
There are reviewers that have intentionally stress-tested this game, and they said it dips where expected, but it's still totally playable. Several reviewers also stated the Switch version feels like the way the game was intended to be played (think Vita).

EDIT- Personally, I've experienced no dips whatsoever, but I'm only like 3 hours into it.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
There are reviewers that have intentionally stress-tested this game, and they said it dips where expected, but it's still totally playable. Several reviewers also stated the Switch version feels like the way the game was intended to be played (think Vita).

EDIT- Personally, I've experienced no dips whatsoever, but I'm only like 3 hours into it.
Sounds good enough! Not being an action game I don't mind a few dips here and there as long as the game plays fine. Thanks!

Malachai

Picked up GT7 yesterday so I've been playing that. I'm not that big on driving sims usually and prefer arcade racers but this is a very good game so far and the haptic feedback is very well implemented and adds quite considerably to the immersion factor.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I bought Burnout Paradise Remastered on the PS Store sale.

Played this originally back when it released and it has aged very well. Still a blast to play and even better with friends.

The_hunter

Been finishing up Link's awakening, played it at launch but had to stop due to work. I was stuck at the eagle temple, finally finished it with no guides, it was probably the most complex dungeon I've played. Incredible level design, complex yet simple at the same time. You could compare it to the water temple in OOT.

Also playing a ton of Overwatch, finally figured out how to play genji, such a fun character. Had to turn up the sensitivity to 80 while playing him, since he's all about positioning and not about precise aiming. He requires a lot of game sense to play properly. I'm at 160 hours played with Overwatch.

The only character I can't play is wrecking ball, don't understand his play style.

Last edited:

BigBooper

Finished the main campaign and most side missions of Dying Light. Once you get the grapple hook it becomes a lot more fun. Unfortunately my dlc save is corrupt so I can't start The Following expansion. Oh well, it doesn't seem that well liked.

Playing some Lego Batman 1. I've started it a few times but never got far. I've had it for years and had no idea it had a villain campaign. Doh.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Still rocking in RE Remake. Last weekend I kinda ended up playing as Jill on Easy. Yesterday I finished kt with Chris on Normal. Muuuch better. Since I still didn‘t have enough I thought I try Real Survivor.

Holy shit! That is thrilling as hell. Loving it.

One of the greatest games ever made right there.

protonion

-GTAV PS5
Last time I played this was many years ago when the ps4 version came out. I thought I would play for a couple of hours before moving to another game but here I am willing to finish the campaign again.
This game deserves all the success it had. The most fun open world game easily. Wether you are doing missions, activities or just driving around it provides effortlessly tons of entertainment.

-Zelda oracle games.
Finished seasons and started ages. I think after a link between worlds these are my favourite 2d zelda games.

-GT7
This will be permanently installed for the rest of the gen.

-Crosscode
I had an endgame save file to be ready for the dlc but I decided to start a new game.
This game is a masterpiece and deserves a spot in any top games of all time list. A true modern classic.

-Undermine
Easily my favourite roguelite. I am thinking of starting a new save file actually. I have yet to see the new content of the last update.

Not many new releases that interest me, so I will be going back to my favourites!

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Tetris Effect (always in rotation)

Halo Infinite (I play the odd game here and there, as I find it immensely fun, despite lack off content)

Replayed Sonic Mania recently.

KOFXV, great game with great online.

Apex legends as a work mate was going on about it so I reinstalled.

Lego Star Wars skywalker Saga (I'm not really a Lego or star wars fan, but everyone else's hype was pretty overwhelming so I caved, it was rather enjoyable, but I am definitely not the target audience)

Godfall Ultimate Edition(for £26 I thought it was a decent game and got 20 hours off enjoyment out of it, no idea how much end game I'll bother with, as I don't really care for grinding out games anymore, but I can understand the poor reviews at launch, as the base game only has 3 main areas and cost £70)

Labadal

I beat Tales of Xillia 2.

I got the bad ending, the true ending, and the endibg you get for paying off your debt. Still nowhere near a platinum trophy, and I am fine with that. Time to move on.

TintoConCasera

Having a lot of fun with Dragon's Crown. Game has been too much on the easy side for my tastes, but that aside I've been having a very good time with the game. The gameplay is awesome, every character plays different and you have lots of combos and special moves. Then there's the graphics and sound, both aspects amazing, and that combined with the japanese take on the medieval D&D setting which I love, makes for a very cool experience.

Then there's the Diablo aspect, with all the loot and such, which has me totally hooked.

So yeah, probably the best beat'em'up I've ever played.

Progressing steadily through Tales of Vesperia, reached the point where I overwrote my save (while making half a dozen more saves, not doing the same mistake anytime soon).
God, the death of Don Whitehorse hit me hard. No idea why, we only saw the guy and interacted with him like 2 or 3 times... I told someone a few days ago the story reminded me of some old adventure shounen manga, where instead of being some epic "save the world" quest, it felt more like an adventure, with various arcs loosely tied together by a deeper storyline, and here we have our Whitebeard. :messenger_crying:

Top Bottom