• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

sedg87

Banned
You should add Nioh/Nioh 2 to your play list if you haven't tried them already, especially if you enjoy Demon's Soul. They are like the perfect combination of Demon's Souls (level/overall design), Diablo (loot) and Ninja Gaiden (combat).

Played and beat both of them. I enjoyed the first one so much I've played through it three times. Fantastic games. Second one was excellent too! I need to finish the DLC for that one. Perhaps something to do once I've finished the Souls games.

Y0ssarian

Banned
I put Atelier Ryza on hold, and started Toukiden Kiwami and Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity.

Toukiden
is so freakin good. It's a hunting game like Monster Hunter but it does some things better like the story, structure and characters. I personally prefer the setting as well.

I loved Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition and I like Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity. A Prequel for BotW is a good idea for the setting. Please don't make me play as Daruk though

The Wonderful 101, ZombiU, Bayonetta 2 on Wii U. Maybe I'll dip my feet into Fatal Frame V again on the Wii U also

Besides that, been playing Kirby and the Forgotten Land. I did get burned out from Ghostwire: Tokyo but I don't plan on giving up so easily. I will see it through to the end eventually

G-Bus

Banned
Elden Ring and Slay the Spire mainly.

My daughter has been asking me to play videos games. Surprising because I never play infront of her. So I've been booting up some super Mario Bros on SNES and I watch her die over and over again on the first pit because she can't seem to run and jump over it. It's funny. She's 3 in two weeks.

drganon

Currently playing the ps4 version of Horizon forbidden west. It's good,but I'm sure the ps5 version is better. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like I'm gonna be able to get a ps5 anytime soon so I'm going to be playing alot of last gen versions of games.

• Empathy
Reactions: Isa

Orta

Banned
Tried the first Mirrors Edge. Either via m&kb or controller the controls are so sluggish and badly mapped out it completely overshadowed any potential joy I was hoping to get out of it. Deleted and banished to the hidden folder in my steam library forever. Part 2 can go in there for good measure, won't even bother installing it.

Should have known better having anything to do with something that has even the faintest whiff of EA about it.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Hades, for a rogue-like it's pretty good. Fun story and tough boss battles.

It ain't Returnal tho' - which is in my opinion the best rogue-like out there.

Labadal

I beat Way of the Samurai 4. It's a shame we're never getting a real sequel. This series is really fun. Combining silly and serious moments.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Wanted to try Dead Rising thinking it wouls be some kind of light zombie action game. But fuck man, game's kicking my ass... can barely save anyone and even the early story missions are getting me killed. :goog_relieved:

Apparently the game revolves around getting exp and levels, getting killed and then restarting the game from the beggining but keeping all that exp and levels. That sound kinda boring to me tbh but I'll give it a chance.

• Strength

WoodyStare

Just finished Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem which I really enjoyed. Not sure I want to play through it two more times for the secret ending though, unless it’s that good.

Debating if I want to start Days Gone or Dying Light on my PS5.

I'm close to completing the first chapter of Tales of Vesperia (just trying to finish mastering as many recipes I can with Flynn, as I understand he'll leave again for a while after I beat the next boss). While I still consider it inferior to the likes of Symphonia and Eternia, I'm actually enjoying it a lot.

Combat flows very well now that I started unlocking enough skills for everyone, Fatal Strikes are very satisfying to pull off.
The soundtrack is very good. Again, not as good as the two Tales I mentioned above, but definitely a step above Graces, and much better than Abyss.
All the characters are great, and are a big part for why I think the world feels alive. Both the protagonists and the antagonists feel "real" in their interactions (some like Zagi are definitely over the top though, but still enjoyable in their craziness), and there's actually quite a lot of world-building, with how everything and everyone interact with each other; the free guilds with the Empire, or among themselves, the various factions inside the Empire... and while so far you are pretty detached from all this, you can't help but notice something's not right, and that there must be a bigger plan encompassing everything you see happen everywhere you go.

I just hope the manual cancel isn't as needed, at least in Normal, as some people make it to be, because I suck at it.

stn

Beat Hitman 3 last night, it was great. Continuing Elden Ring, also started Greedfall: Gold Edition. All three on the Series X.

Mr Hyde

Malenia, Blade of Miquella in Elden Ring is one of the most unfair bosses I've ever seen in a Souls-game. From needs to seriously nerf her fucking healing attack, which triggers even when blocking. She's superfast, and heals up in an instant, making the fight damn near impossible. Absolute garbage design. This game has so many shit bosses I've stopped counting.

Mr Hyde

So the bitch has a second phase? Are you fucking kidding me? I've spent the entire evening fighting her and her bullshit first phase and when I finally got her she resurrects with full health bar, with even more insane moves? I screamed out in full joy for beating her, ready to bring out the whisky, and all I got was a kick in the nuts. Seriously, I love Souls but this is From Software taking the piss. They are walking on thin ice here.

Last edited:
  • Empathy

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Still Elden Ring. Started a week after it released, but this game is big man. Got like 75 hours in it now, I estimate I'm maybe 2/3 done (don't really know though).

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Dragon's Dogma, yet again. This'll be my third time playing the game, as the first time I ended up dropping it, but the second I fell in love with it. This time I might go with the magic shield class, or maybe the assassin, so kinda excited about trying out new playstyles since last time I just used the fighter.

Also installed the Into Free mod.

PS5

z9eNXtD.jpg

YkQvozW.jpg

SZips

I think my last post in here was when I was playing Elden Ring for review. I earned 100% achievements in it, so that one is done with. I'm keeping it installed to help my friends still playing with co-op stuff if they want.

I also just recently played through Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, which was way better than I thought it would be. Seriously, a lot of fun and the writing was miles better than Borderlands 3.

With TTWL done, I don't have any review obligations at the moment, so I started up Ghostwire: Tokyo last night to see if I'd like it or not. And you know what? Yeah, I think I like it. I played for about four hours and called it quits only when I realized how late it was. One of my guilty pleasures is playing a Far Cry or Far Cry-esque game here or there and since I haven't played a Far Cry game since 5 a few years back, this game is really hitting the spot. It's not super great, but I'm having fun and I really love the whole Japanese folklore aspect to a lot of the story stuff and the environment. I still wish it turned out more like a horror-type game that I thought it'd be from the initial reveal, but this will do for now.

Besides that, my friends and I continue to play Destiny 2 here and there. We also started to play Fortnite every so often ever since they made no-build a permanent fixture.

After Ghostwire, I might try LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. Not sure yet. I'll cross that bridge when the time comes.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
still on Elden Ring. 93 hours in so far. still not done but making progress. not sure how long i have left. looking at the map i only have maybe 5 areas left but i don't know how long it'll take me.

stn

I was planning to play Elden Ring (XSX), but somehow I found myself playing CP 2077 (XSX) last night. Booted up my save from 2020 that was only 5 hours in, played for hours last night. Had no glitches. The game is fantastic, the world is really sucking me in.

RAIDEN1

Making way through the closing stages of Firewatch....no doubt it is the better game compared to Call of the Sea....hope to check out Guards of the Galaxy soon..

drganon

Beat horizon forbidden west. It was pretty fun, didn't really care about the story though. Might come back to it later to get some more trophies. Now I'm onto ff12 zodiac age. I've been playing it on and off since 2019. We'll see if I finally beat it.

Nico_D

I have mostly figured out the basics of Crusader Kings 3. Time flies by when I'm playing it.

Going towards the true ending in Kirby.

Deep Rock in co-op with my son.
Rock Band 4 with my daughter.

tylrdiablos

I've started playing Final Fantasy XIV with some friends. I think it's quite good (i'm only level 30) but there's a hell of a lot of text. Everything else seems quite stream-lined and well-thought out, so I'll stick with it for another month or two.

sedg87

Banned
Currently making my way through Dark Souls 3. Just defeated the Dancer boss. She deals some pretty hefty damage but she doesn't have much health; I managed to beat her on my second attempt. This is my first time using a dex build, as opposed to running a high strength build in the previous games. Took me a while to get used to not having a shield, but I've gotten pretty decent at rolling through a lot of attacks.

Currently making my way through Dark Souls 3. Just defeated the Dancer boss. She deals some pretty hefty damage but she doesn't have much health; I managed to beat her on my second attempt. This is my first time using a dex build, as opposed to running a high strength build in the previous games. Took me a while to get used to not having a shield, but I've gotten pretty decent at rolling through a lot of attacks.
Great job, I was stuck on that boss for days. Could never get used to that wild swiping attack.

Mr Hyde

Trying to play some Resident Evil Village but it's pretty creepy and I'm not sure I'm up for that right now. The story so far is nuts, like the who the fuck directed this game? I'm also kinda tired of the chase mechanics. I know it's a staple in the franchise getting Hunted by invincible enemies but come on Capcom, try something else for a change.

MrTentakel

Elden Ring (XSX) - I love the world but I need longer sessions to enjoy the game -> My weekend game
Shadow Warrior 3 (XSX) - My guilty pleasure for short bursts of weekday mayhem.
Horizon Forbidden West (PS5) - Started the game, enjoyed the game and want to finish it but... Elden Ring.

Dorago

Finishing up Elden Ring. I want to get one of the more complicated endings and am spoiling how to do it. I am also charging up Faith so I can have some stronger projectile and aoe attacks.

I also restarted Doom 2016 which I gave up on because I got stuck trying to beat it on Ultra Violence. I let go of my pride and am playing on normal and still dieing quite a bit. I got around to playing Doom again after watching yet another Youtube video of how great the combat is and I don't regret it.

I've installed the Steam version of RetroArch. I was on v1.9 with the stand alone installer and wanted some of the newer features. There's no good way of upgrading using the installer however and I deliberated switching because I've spent many tortured hours setting core specific shaders and graphics options as well as having the library scrape many separate folders to view all of my content. I took the plunge however and don't regret it. Performance is much better in the newer rev and I had no problems with the initial controller mapping despite using a third party work around for my controllers.

Mr Hyde

Finally beat Melania, Blade of Miquella in Elden Ring. Six days it took me to beat this fucking cancer of a boss. I even had to respec from strength/faith to dex/arc for a bleed build to even stand a chance. And when I got her first phase somewhat locked down, her second phase destroyed me in mere seconds. Never been so frustrated with a boss in a Souls game before. And when I finally killed her, I didn't even feel that sense of accomplishment I usually do after a hard boss, but just emptiness, like I wasted a week to get nothing. Because this fucking boss turned out to be optional. It's like what? No story progression. Her boss weapon and incantation suck ass. Her armor set was pretty cool though, I give her that. Never again will I face this boss. Worst boss in Souls history.

TintoConCasera

Nah man, I think I got PTSD from her. I'd rather go up against Bed of Chaos for the rest of my life than deal with Melania ever again.
I mean yeah, the boss is hard, but I thought it was tightly designed.

To each their own bro. Glad you managed to beat her at least.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Elden Ring on weekends for coop sessions.

A bit of grinding in Demon's Souls. Also chipping away at Ghostwire: Tokyo.

I'm really itching to play through Code: Veronica X though. The OST is just so damn good and I haven't played through the PS3 version in a while, might have to jump in and just plow through it.

R6Rider

Gold Member
PS5: Siege, Elden Ring, GT7, Death's Door, Team Sonic Racing, and Slay the Spire. Depends on if my friends are online and want to play and the mood I'm in.
XSX: Saints Row. Compiling a list of Fallout 4 mods, before I start playing that again too.

Last edited:

Vaelka

Vampire the masquerade.
I miss games like those it's sad we'll probably never get it again...
The writing and characters are just so unrestrained and ooze personality, and it's a very dirty game I almost want to say that it's more realistic in the sense that people aren't politically correct.
It's the seedy underground and everyones kinda a piece of shit.

I dunno what happened with the second game but all of the footage and trailers I saw of it looked too clean, it looked more like spoiled rich kids or something.
A lot of the characters basically look like models and fashionistas in the first game people were kinda '' trashy '' for a lack of a better term.
The writing was also quite over the top but it made sense for the characters you've got these super old vampires who were turned in a different time period and kinda talk like edgy emo kids lol.

I mean just compare this club and the people dancing in Bloodlines 2 .
To the club in the first zone in the first game.
The Bloodlines 2 one just looks like a normal club and everyone looks like some teenager at a high school disco or some shit like that lel.
In the first game everyone dressed like a weirdo and danced like unhinged psychos.

But yeah...
It's a game from a different time and it obviously has severe problems the combat is trash and there's loading screens everywhere and the hub areas feel small.
But the writing and world building is top notch, and it just reminded me of how sanitized and boring so much of it is nowadays and how a game like that could never happen today.
They even said that they were going to rewrite the Malkavians because it was offensive to people with real mental issues it's just so fucking stupid, people literally can't tell the difference between reality and fiction?

ethomaz

Banned
GT7

It is basically impossible to not play it.
All my game time is being spent here since release.

I’m happy now I avoided buying other releases.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Juggling a lot, but nearing the finish line on a few of them.

Triangle Strategy - on chapter 15. Nearing the last 10 hours I think? But damn, I think I have to replay it again when finished.
Shredders - I'm on area 2 out of like 6. Slowly shredding.
Kirby - On world 3. Taking my time with it, getting 100% on everything and beating all the target time challenges.
Strangers in Paradise - Started it up and got about 8 hrs into it, but wanted to finish Triangle Strategy first so it's cooling on ice briefly. Going back to it shortly.

Pre-ordered Nintendo Switch Sports, so that's coming in about 2 weeks then all bets are off.
Trek to Yomi in early May. Already downloaded.

I think that's all I have planned currently for April / May. Will dip into some other backlog games after beating these.

Completed the entirety of Far Cry 5, now making my way through Middle-earth: Shadow of War.

Enjoying it so far, but it definitely feels a bit bloated compared to the first one. So many systems to keep track of...

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Completed the entirety of Far Cry 5, now making my way through Middle-earth: Shadow of War.

Enjoying it so far, but it definitely feels a bit bloated compared to the first one. So many systems to keep track of...
I never finished Shadow of War probably for that same reason. I love those games though. Great hack and slash combat.

Top Bottom