• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Fredrik

Finished an astrologer playthrough on Elden Ring today.

Sorcery is so much easier than melee/hero, but I had a ton of trouble with Elden Beast, again, sat down a couple days with that fight.

Instantly started over on journey 2.

hinch7

Uncharted 4 (PS5) and WoW Classic - Wrath of the Lich King.

Not starting anything else with Ragnarok coming in just over a week away.

Glad to see so many people in the middle of spooky games for Halloween. I just finished RE2make myself, stressful but a lot of fun. Still debating what I’ll play next, there isn’t much time for another full fledged horror game before 10/31 and then I plan on switching over to some good old nostalgic games for the holiday season.

tylrdiablos

I beat A Plague Tale Requiem a couple of nights back.
Really enjoyed it. Some of the stealth sections were a bit "meh" and felt like there was only one specific path that the devs wanted you to take.
Contains some really impressive tech and a Photo Mode to show it off.
I ran into a bug where my NPC companion would vanish (clipped into an object they were supposed to climb) and I hit to "Restart From Checkpoint"... several times. Ugh.
But other than that... a solid 8/10. Looking forward to seeing what ASOBO do next.
do7Syli.jpg

stn

Gotham Knights (XSX) - it is solid but I can see the complaints. That said, I am really happy to just play as Red Hood. 7.5/10
Bloodborne (PS4) - finally making my way through, it is amazing. 9.5/10

GrayDock

Platinumed AC Valhalla yesterday... I really don't recommend. Some nice parts, like Asgard, but they don't make up for the rest. Nice soundtrack, though.
Started Ratchet and Clanking: Rift apart and oh boy, best looking game ever. My wife thought it was a movie. Awesome 3D audio too.

Mr Hyde

Presumably on the last stretch in Resident Evil Village and I'm not feeling it. In fact, it has fallen apart completely. The game started out so good, with the village and references to RE4, Dimitrescus castle and the horrors of the doll house. Then it got slightly weaker with the frog boy and windmill city (although the environment was cool, major Lovecraft vibes) and on the factory. It was still decent though, fairly enjoyed it. But the fight with Heisenberg was such a let down and the unraveling of the plot hasn't been all that satisfactory. And the things that plays out now is just plain boring. It's like RE6 again.

Labadal

I'm closing in on the end of World of Final Fantasy. It's a mixed bag. very fun combat, but too easy. I like the fan service, but the characters are not always portayed well. I do like the monster catching, evolutions, and also the soundtrack is really good. Areas are fun to visit, because you get flashbacks to games you have played, but exploration is a bit so-so, despite being able to unlock traversal skills.

Overall, I like the game, and recommend it to people who are fans of the series, and like turn-based combat.

Pimpollo818

GMDX ReSo - definitive way to play Deus Ex. Had a blast. It does fall off a bit toward the end, featuring some of my least favorite levels.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Got a new puppy, so my gaming time’s been slashed significantly at the moment.

But I did get hooked on Chronicon which is an excellent Diablo style ARPG.
I’ve also took Dragon Quest XI off the back burner and picked up where I left off on Steam Deck.

G-Bus

Banned
Disco Elysium.

Played it for a bit when it first released and don't think I made it passed the first day. Got a bit stumped and lost interest.

Been having a hard time getting into anything lately and this finally clicked for me. Neat game.

Think I'm 9pm on the first day and got access to the harbour. Doing my best not to look anything up.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Prodeus, one of the best fps I have played in years.

It looks like old school doom with modern day effects and plays like quake. Like they absolutely nailed it. Even the level design, which are all loaded with secrets.

The weapon variety is awesome, and all hit hard. The quad-barrell shotgun is especially chunky feeling.

Honestly I can't say enough good things about this game. This dev team is incredibly talented.

Last edited:

EekTheKat

Got through Gotham Knights - and was horribly triggered by the end of the game. It's basically diet/wagered down Arkham City/Knight with most of the gamey challenging bits removed in favor of a more mainstream friendly game.

For the record, I think Arkham games are generally easy, outside of some extremely difficult optional challenges and trophies.

Plague Tale managed to wash the awful story in Gotham Knights out of my mind. Was a pleasure to have gone through that game.

Moving in to RE8 DLC next, then probably GoW.

Tried out Signalis but had to put it on the back burner for now. Just not in the right head space atm for something like that. I don't dislike it, mind you. Definitely plan to play it at some point.

But I did just buy MW2 on xsx and am about to jump in to my first match. Yes, I am a filthy casual. But like a hipster casual. Hates assassins creed, loves CoD. That's my dating profile.

Calderas

Neo Member
At the moment I am switching between Shatterline and Days Gone. In Spider-Man Remastered just one more skill to level then I am starting that final sequence, it has been a fun ride.
Waiting like so many people for the GoW Ragnarok release!

Went back to Dark Souls 3 after feeling Elden Ring burnout. It's such a great game. The fantastic world building where you can see every place you've been to. The tight level design. Cool Bosses, weapons and armor. And Ariandel and Ringed City as two solid expansions. Good old Dark Souls. What a classic.
Yeah it is so tight and slick. Everything seems to have been refined to perfection. I’m almost done with another run - is it me or are the mobs way more aggressive than they are in Elden Ring?

I started The Surge 2 last night. Seems like something I can get my teeth into so far. The parrying seems a little unsatisfying though :(

Tried out Signalis but had to put it on the back burner for now. Just not in the right head space atm for something like that. I don't dislike it, mind you. Definitely plan to play it at some point.

But I did just buy MW2 on xsx and am about to jump in to my first match. Yes, I am a filthy casual. But like a hipster casual. Hates assassins creed, loves CoD. That's my dating profile.
You single? asking for a friend

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Picked up Spiderman Remastered and playing on my Deck this week. I am surprised by how much I am enjoying it, as I usually hate superhero stuff. The combat kind of sucks and the story is boring as hell, but everything else seems to be clicking well enough. Solid 7/10 so far.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
DOOM II. Love the SSG and new enemies, but the level design is really hit or miss. Some good levels here and there but also some gimmicky ones or others that are more concerned with looking like real life places rather than just being a fun place to navigate.

Having a lot of fun as I always do when playing DOOM. I'm currently at The Chasm level tho, fuck The Chasm.

hexen pc through gzdoom
brilliant game
Good luck, I remember getting stuck on the first hub. Which class are you playing with?

mansoor1980

Gold Member
DOOM II. Love the SSG and new enemies, but the level design is really hit or miss. Some good levels here and there but also some gimmicky ones or others that are more concerned with looking like real life places rather than just being a fun place to navigate.

Having a lot of fun as I always do when playing DOOM. I'm currently at The Chasm level tho, fuck The Chasm.

Good luck, I remember getting stuck on the first hub. Which class are you playing with?
warrior
game is unforgiving
makes todays games look like cakewalk

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Wrapping up some of the last endings for Forgotten City. Man, that game delivered.

Then probably playing Bayonetta 3 and Splatoon 3 all weekend.

Also started Tian Ding yesterday and it's a lot more awesome than I expected, and I was already looking forward to it. Game is packed with great artwork and collectibles detailing Taiwanese history. Some of the platforming stuff gets a little tedious when you have to air dodge through poison sewage while double jumping and using your kick super. But the game is great.

Started playing SH2 on PS3 after the remake reveal. I never finished the game. Always stopped playing after getting the coin in the empty pool, don't know why. Now I have finished the game 3 times AND omg. How did I miss this game. So far my favorite horror game to date ;__; I'm gonna get the platinum for sure. Love complete games that I'm obsessed about. Just need a couple of endings done. Damn I'm so obsessed with this game.

btw the ps3 version kinda sucks. Controls sucks :messenger_angry:

Last edited:

drganon

Star ocean : The divine force.
I'm about halfway through the main story. It's my first star ocean game, but I've enjoyed what I've played so far. Also playing Bayonetta 1. I'm somewhere between a quarter and halfway through that one.

Top Bottom