• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Duchess

Done with Elden Ring. I didn't finish it, but overall I enjoyed what I played.

Man, the endgame sucks. Post Fire Giant, the game just goes downhill. The enemies and bosses are no longer fun to fight, and overall it just becomes a slog. I decided to quit at Maliketh, as it's here where things just go crazy.

It seems a lot of the praise of the game is based on that open world section, which is a 10/10 for me. But if you include the endgame, it definitely loses a couple of points.[/ispoiler][/ispoiler]

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I finished up Bayonetta 3 and GOD DAMN that was such a blast and here I thought Xenoblade 3 was going to be my GOTY but fuck me Bayonetta 3 was the most ambitious but more importantly most fun I had playing video game this year.

Now I'm working to finish up Mario + Rabbits 2 also very fun game.......really good year.

Cyberpunkd

I played Marvel Snap heavily for a week, but I guess I’m done. The aesthetic doesn’t work for me. I put a lot of time in Gwent, but games there go on forever, which is a shame given how incredible the art is.

Considering getting Switch Lite - used with all accessories I can probably go below 200€. Might make sense for Nintendo games + Tactics Ogre.

PayoLoko

im 15 hours in GOW and jumping to LOL (got addicted again T_T) vampire survivors, and disco elysium. and like 10 others more infrequently
GOW is great

BlueLena

Neo Member
Finished Metroid Prime, a superb game from start to finish.

Time for Death Stranding DC on PS5 - loving the setting and the game play so far, story is ridiculous nonsense but I'm happy to go along with it for now doing my deliveries and watching the world open up. A soothing game to play on a grey and rainy Sunday afternoon.

Done with Elden Ring. I didn't finish it, but overall I enjoyed what I played.

Man, the endgame sucks. Post Fire Giant, the game just goes downhill. The enemies and bosses are no longer fun to fight, and overall it just becomes a slog. I decided to quit at Maliketh, as it's here where things just go crazy.

It seems a lot of the praise of the game is based on that open world section, which is a 10/10 for me. But if you include the endgame, it definitely loses a couple of points.[/ispoiler][/ispoiler]
you got to maliketh and gave up?

i think there's only like 4 to go. to be fair, the next boss is piss easy. the next 2 i thought were quite good. the final boss sucks ass though.

if you got that far i think you should've just saw it out but hey if you weren't enjoying it.

F31 Leopard

Nikke Goddess of Victory
qlVhiK9.gif

engstra

Have not been in much of a gaming mood lately but playing It Takes Two with my girlfriend and that's been a blast. Otherwise I got given a free copy for FIFA and decided to try out FUT after not ever getting into it other years I bought the game. Not sure how it happened but got hooked this time. Should be trying to finish better games such as Deathloop I had on the go but playing a couple of matches is very digestible and addictive.

been playing ffvii. need to get into a habit of saving often :messenger_grinning_sweat: just lost progress and i can't be arsed doing it again today.

got to the chicken farm and some dude was wanting 2000 dollars for a lure. went out to do some battles for money. fought the big snake boss thing in the marsh and died. loaded up my save again and went back to battling. spent 2000 on a lure, 1000 on an item for the chicken. spent time trying to find a wild chicken and realised i didn't equip the lure lol. i'm an idiot.

caught the chicken and got to the cave. got tifa some fancy new gloves. got out the cave and tried to find the town. found some karate dude but didn't help him. got to the town and i thought hmm maybe i should save now but didn't. explored the town and got into a boss battle. the big fish guy totally killed me because i couldn't figure out how to break his bullshit attack. eventually did figure it out but ran out of potions and died.

will replay it again tomorrow :messenger_neutral:

been playing ffvii. need to get into a habit of saving often :messenger_grinning_sweat: just lost progress and i can't be arsed doing it again today.

got to the chicken farm and some dude was wanting 2000 dollars for a lure. went out to do some battles for money. fought the big snake boss thing in the marsh and died. loaded up my save again and went back to battling. spent 2000 on a lure, 1000 on an item for the chicken. spent time trying to find a wild chicken and realised i didn't equip the lure lol. i'm an idiot.

caught the chicken and got to the cave. got tifa some fancy new gloves. got out the cave and tried to find the town. found some karate dude but didn't help him. got to the town and i thought hmm maybe i should save now but didn't. explored the town and got into a boss battle. the big fish guy totally killed me because i couldn't figure out how to break his bullshit attack. eventually did figure it out but ran out of potions and died.

will replay it again tomorrow :messenger_neutral:
You should be banned for this.

Midn1ght

- Finished Uncharted 4 on PC and it's now my favorite in the series.

Didn't enjoy 1 and 2 and wondered what the hype was all about, but after playing 3 recently (The best of the original trilogy imo) and now 4, I can understand why this franchise is beloved. Sam has become my favorite character.

About to start Lost Legacy and hope it'll be as good. I remember not liking Chloe as a character in 2 but liked Nadine in 4 so we shall see.

- Also replayed Journey on PC and man what a beautiful experience it's still is. That ending and finishing the game with a companion got me slightly emotional. Great game.

- Also bought God of War on PC because of you freaks and that Ragnarok hype. Excited to give it a go.

Last edited:
Sackboy a big adventure and I‘m lovong it. The levels are enormous, it‘s artstyle is pretty, soundtrack is great and sometimes it‘s perfectly integrated into the pce of a level, it‘s colorful, and it‘s the first game waifu likes to play with me. I don‘t know why it didn‘t sell that much, I think it‘s a perfect platformer with a very unique style. think I‘m gonna platinum this one, it deserved the time and attention.

Uncharted Remastered Trilogy - been making my way through these classics for the first time since original release. UC2 would be impressive if it were released *today*, a true masterpiece, I was in awe once again all these years later. Finished the burning manor level of UC3, there are precious few devs out there that could pull of such an impressive set-piece level.

Back 4 Blood - recently bought the season pass 50% off and decided to hop back in, love this game. Finished Act 1 solo on Nightmare and finished Act 2 last night but the trophy didn't pop 🤦‍♂️. Many patches and additions later it seems the game balance is exactly where it needs to be, good stuff.

Signalis - finished my first playthrough of this retro inspired survival-horror romp. Plays and looks like a PS1 classic and I mean that as a compliment. Gorgeous aesthetics, an intriguing story, clever puzzles. Definitely in my top 10 of 2022.

A little over 24h until Ragnarok unlocks, hype through the roof, will be 100% focused on that until completion.

SSfox

I relaunched MK11 in a while and first time i'm playing it in 2022, and holy SH** despite having already spent 700H on the game, it literally blow my mind, it looks so incredible, the game play really great and i think while i don't like much the whole costumize moveset thing (the only con i would say about the game), but it's quite fun and my favorite NRS game gameplay feel wise i think, and graphics stand out very easy even 3 years after release

12_tqtbnrt.webp

Danjin44

Cyberpunk 2077. The corporates who rushed this game out really did it a disservice, it’is an amazing game and doesn’t get enough credit.
Yup despite not really being huge fan of WRPGs I really enjoyed this game, I just wish it was less buggy.

Aenima

Nikke Goddess of Victory
qlVhiK9.gif
Same. Its my new gacha game, cuz... reasons.

Finished The Medium, and its trully a mediocre game with some nice visuals and cool dual world concept, but boring with an uninteresting story.

Expecting to receive GoW Ragnarok later today, so that will be next.

Last edited:

LazyChan

Neo Member
Playing Uncharted: The Lost Legacy on the PS5. Really dig the set pieces and on rail portions that plays like a movie. Dragging myself through the open terrain forest area and tolerating the combat which is average. Story and character are ho hum but keeping me moving along.

I gave up on The surge 2… I quite liked it but I never really felt 100% in control of my character and my gaming time is limited enough that I only want to play things that give me 100% pleasure. I will keep an eye on the developer because I feel that they get better with each release.

I have Mass Effect downloaded from gamepass and Ghost of Tsushima in the post - never played either so it’s a toss-up. I want to finish my ds3 run first though.

Shifty1897

I finally picked up Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness on sale for about $15. I didn't find it as bad as everyone else did, the only serious problem I had with it was the lack of proper cutscenes. It definitely scratched that Tri-Ace itch and was a breezy 25 hours.

In an attempt to clear out my hard drive to make room for the inevitable 250 GB download that is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2, I've started playing Metro Exodus. I'm only about an hour in. It seems fine so far, the world hasn't opened up yet so maybe that's when the wow factor hits.

BouncyFrag

God of War 2018 on PS4. Game still looks gorgeous but is a bit of a slog. I never replayed it so I want to give it another go before considering the sequel.

Justin9mm

God of War 2018 on PS4. Game still looks gorgeous but is a bit of a slog. I never replayed it so I want to give it another go before considering the sequel.
If you feel like GOW 2018 is a slog then you will feel the same about Ragnarok I think. It's virtually the same gameplay, plays out the same except for the story. Maybe its the story that you find boring, I would say the continuation of the story is much better in this second part. If you've played quite a bit and you don't enjoy all that much, then I don't think that's really going to change. This happened to me with Horizon Zero 'Yawn'. I cannot count how many times I attempted to play and force myself to like it, I eventually permanently put it down after about 12-15 hours. I just find it boring to me. So I didn't bother with Forbidden West. It is what it is.

BouncyFrag

If you feel like GOW 2018 is a slog then you will feel the same about Ragnarok I think. It's virtually the same gameplay, plays out the same except for the story. Maybe its the story that you find boring, I would say the continuation of the story is much better in this second part. If you've played quite a bit and you don't enjoy all that much, then I don't think that's really going to change. This happened to me with Horizon Zero 'Yawn'. I cannot count how many times I attempted to play and force myself to like it, I eventually permanently put it down after about 12-15 hours. I just find it boring to me. So I didn't bother with Forbidden West. It is what it is.
From Ragnarok I just want an epic GoW experience.

Danjin44

From Ragnarok I just want an epic GoW experience.
If you find GOW 2018 epic then will you in Ragnarok. After Original GOW on PS2, the 2nd and 3rd game plays closely similar with improvements and this same story with Ragnarok, it plays very closely to 2018 GOW with improvements.

I personally really enjoying Ragnarok because I enjoyed pervious game but I would say this game is no where ambitious same way Bayonetta 3 was….at least for me.

Last edited:
Still playing Tokyo 2020 all these months later. Thousands of games of football and basketball each, trying to beat my high scores. I've been wanting to play MLB and Descenders since march but I just have a hangup about starting new games. I bet if I order DOA Xtreme for PS4 I'd play it right away :p

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I got a delay email for my God of War, said I'd get it Friday, so I said fuck it and started Bayonetta 3. Today GoW showed up anyway. But I already started Bayonetta and got like 5 hours into it and not sure I want to drop it for 40-50 hours I'll spend on GoW, go back to Bayonetta and forget all the controls and where I am and stuff.

Think I should just finish Bayonetta 3 before started GoW? Decisions...

I got a delay email for my God of War, said I'd get it Friday, so I said fuck it and started Bayonetta 3. Today GoW showed up anyway. But I already started Bayonetta and got like 5 hours into it and not sure I want to drop it for 40-50 hours I'll spend on GoW, go back to Bayonetta and forget all the controls and where I am and stuff.

Think I should just finish Bayonetta 3 before started GoW? Decisions...
You could die next week. Do what you really wanna do as soon as you can when it comes to your spare time.

Started a new campaign in Dawn of War Retribution while I'm waiting for Darktide. I should have done it with the Guard, obviously, but I was more in the mood for Orks... and by Gork and Mork it is still as glorious as the first day.

Sackboy a big adventure and I‘m lovong it. The levels are enormous, it‘s artstyle is pretty, soundtrack is great and sometimes it‘s perfectly integrated into the pce of a level, it‘s colorful, and it‘s the first game waifu likes to play with me. I don‘t know why it didn‘t sell that much, I think it‘s a perfect platformer with a very unique style. think I‘m gonna platinum this one, it deserved the time and attention.
Get ready to curse the game because of Ripsnorter.

GrayDock

Just platinumed Ratch and Clank Rift Apart and oh boy, what a nest gen package. My wife thought it was a movie when I started, and, for most part, the visuals are just that: playable pixar movie. And with awesome 3D sound and Dualsense implementation it is a PS5 must have. And I recomend playing it without headphones, but with a nice surround setup if possible, because the sounds coming from the Dualsense add a lot for the immersion.
Started GoW:Ragnarok and it's a awesome game just like the first, but it's sure a 'downgrade' (different visual styles/art, I know) coming from Ratchet and Clank. Can't wait to see what Santa Monica will do PS5 only.

Alpha Male

Series X:

Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer - Ground War & Invasion

Battlefield 2042

Halo Infinite multiplayer

Riders Republic (taking a break from Forza Horizon 5)

Red Dead Redemption 2 campaign

PS5:

God of War Ragnarok (taking a break from Elden Ring)

No Man's Sky

Death Stranding

Last edited:
I rushed through God of War on PC before starting Ragnarök on PS5. I killed Sigrun on GMGOW 2 hours before Ragnarök's release. Played only the introduction and arrived at Svartalfheim and met Durlin, then I had to sleep or else I'd have no energy to wake up early for work.

I gave up on playing Elden Ring until the DLC drops. Not that it means much when I've invested 250+ hours (2 full playthroughs + 1NG+) into the game...

I enjoyed my time with Bayonetta 3 but I guess the franchise will go to the shelf for a while before Platinum/Nintendo decides to
expand on Viola's take of the mantle as the new Bayonetta

Last edited:
Top Bottom