• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

benno

Decided to start a new fresh Far Cry 5 save. Fantastic game. Will go through New Dawn once I've finished it too.

Added bonus is that I discovered I can force on global illumination RT in the Nvidia settings, which is nifty

Last edited:

Laptop1991

Fallout 3, i had to put the Jury Rigging mod on though that NV had, the limited repair was a bit annoying trying to fix my gear.

Markio128

I’m currently playing the waiting game, for GOW:R.

Seriously though, I’ve just started WRC Generations and it seems decent so far.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Picked up Spiderman Remastered and playing on my Deck this week. I am surprised by how much I am enjoying it, as I usually hate superhero stuff. The combat kind of sucks and the story is boring as hell, but everything else seems to be clicking well enough. Solid 7/10 so far.
I've had a complete 180 on the game. It's boring as hell. The side missions and main missions are very bland. The research missions especially have been the worst to play. The swinging mechanics are fine for normal traversal but have been incredibly frustrating on missions that require precision. I only unlocked fast travel yesterday and that's been a huge help in reducing my frustration but now I don't see as many of the random crime encounters. I think I will just have to save most of those for the end.

I was planning to 100% this and I still might, but I see one achievement requires new game + completion. Another the hardest difficulty, which I assume unlocks after I beat the game on the hardest available option (which is how I'm playing).

It's sitting at about a 3/10 for me now. Only the graphics are really blowing my mind but I'm also playing on the Deck.

Mario and Rabids Sparks of hope is really good.
I want to get this but I also know Front Mission remake is just around the corner.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I know you can’t play more than one game at a time but you can own them. It is a lot of fun. The battle system is excellent.
I usually have a couple of games I play simultaneously. I get bored of most games too quick so it helps to be able to break things up. I do tend to avoid similar genres though. So, for me, I would have to choose one or the other. I enjoyed the first M&R game but not nearly as much as I remember enjoying Front Mission 3 back on PS1. I am more curious about the first two FM games than I am in another M&R game. If the reviews come in poorly or a PC announcement isn't forthcoming, I will probably pick it up.

The games I'm currently playing: Spiderman, Lego Brick Tales, Into the Breach's newest content. I'm still hopping into Session here and there but I did 100% that. Same for Vampire Survivors. My rotation could use a good strategy game. I should just bite the bullet and pick up Triangle Strategy.... :pie_thinking:

Currently collecting witch hearts and moon pearls in Bayonetta 3 to prepare for my pure plat run on infinite climax. I also intend to get back to finishing off my replay of Tales of Vesperia afterwards.

Dr. Suchong

Don't know if I'm repeating myself, (Middle age and all that) but I finally got around to playing God of War 2018, enhanced on Ps5.
I'm blown away by every aspect. The fight with Baldur was incredible.
Playing on hard and I'm enjoying having to really use all the tools at my disposal. Combat is weighty and satisfying, although I'd say some of the grunts are damage sponges. It's startling how well put together it all is and I've only just begun.
Truly exceptional 👍

Duchess

Back to playing Elden Ring after my short break (went back to Deliver Us the Moon, and Spider-Man: Miles Morales, to get the platinums).

The end game is a bit of a slog, eh?

Yes, they should have sent you straight to crumbling farum azula straight from the capital and incorporated the haligtree entrance into that. The snowy areas really don’t have much going for them and the repeat of having to light flames in that town… ugh.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Finished MW2’s campaign, RE Village DLC, and I am almost finished with Bayo3. I’ll probably play Star Ocean TDF after Ragnarok. also have Callisto and Tactics Ogre after that. Should be a good couple of months. I also got Signalis, so whatever happens with FOMO I guess. Lol

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

I only found out earlier today that the new Monkey Island game is coming to Xbox Gamepass next week! I was under the impression that it wouldn't be until some point next year....so for me forget God of War coming out next week, I am more excited about checking out this new installment in the Monkey Island series after a long time..

-Zelda-

Banned
Still playing Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5. Finished Nomad, now on streetkid. I messed up my build though, so I REALLY hate that we cannot respec attribute points and also have access to new game plus mode.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Beat DOOM II on UV. Some of the latter levels are pretty cool, specially the penultimate one. Much better than those in the middle of the game.

Topher

Gold Member
Looks like you might not have finished Octopath Traverler my man. :lollipop_content:

Google it, should be tagged either as secret ending or true ending. It's worth it.

Son of a bitch. Thanks for the heads up. I'll knock that sucker out tonight.

You Da Man GIF by MOODMAN

Picked up Spiderman Remastered and playing on my Deck this week. I am surprised by how much I am enjoying it, as I usually hate superhero stuff. The combat kind of sucks and the story is boring as hell, but everything else seems to be clicking well enough. Solid 7/10 so far.
I wonder how it runs on the Deck compared to the PS5 version

Edit: nevermind. Read a later post and it apparently runs really well

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Even though I hate this kind of obscure kind of storytelling I was playing Signalis quite a bit…. up until the 3rd area when the devs thought it was a good idea to cut the map and I apparently have to memorize the puzzling structure of the map.

Instantly dropped it.

Last edited:
I love Bayonetta, and yet it depresses to know I'll never be that good.
I can't memorise combos etc.
Just use different combinationa of pubch and kick. Sometimes you hold down the last button in the chain. Bayonetta has an extremely simple combo path compared to other character action games ...im no pro at them though so maybe someone who's more versed can expand on the depth more of Bayo 3.

bender

What time is it?
I've been using the new Plague Tale for AMEM. Beyond the visuals which are very nice, I can't say I'm enjoying myself. I fucking hate the characters and drowning Hugo in a bathtub seems like a pretty simple solution to save tens of thousands of lives. I finished chapter seven today and felt like I was pretty far along in the campaign. I just looked it up and this game has seventeen chapters. Why God? Why!?!?!

Also booted up the new Mario + Rabbids. I forgot how much I hate Rabbids. Why God? Why?!?!?!?!

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I wonder how it runs on the Deck compared to the PS5 version

Edit: nevermind. Read a later post and it apparently runs really well
It runs incredibly well. I’m also back to a higher score. I have unlocked much better side quests and better combat mechanics. The game is almost too easy now but at least it’s fun to play again.

Caffeine

pushing through these kingdom hearts games beat 1 and chain of memories watched/read 358/2 and recoded xi unchanied currently like 70% into kh2. after this is bbs/3d/2.8/3+dlc/MoM.

Last edited:

Pimpbaa

NIKKE Goddess of Victory on my iPad. Nothing special in terms of gameplay, but has some very detailed animated 2D waifus shooting guns at shit.

Yeah, I read where it recommends you have everyone at level 70. Guess I'll be doing some grinding.
It gets tough. I tried new game + and the first two maps were very challenging. And you get less xp from the training maps when you hit the appropriate level. Lots of new story, levels and tons of new characters to see but it gets challenging.

Topher

Gold Member
It gets tough. I tried new game + and the first two maps were very challenging. And you get less xp from the training maps when you hit the appropriate level. Lots of new story, levels and tons of new characters to see but it gets challenging.

I'm just going to take my time leveling up for the final area. Great game so I don't mind. I get to hear Olberic some more. "I will cut you down!" Love it.

Ghost Song

I read about that game on GAF years ago… crazy to finally be playing it. I had forgotten all about and went to boot up horizon 5, and saw it listed as recently added.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Wanted to play some DOOM wads and I've gone with Brutal DOOM's Hell on Earth Starter Pack.

I'm only 3 levels in but I can already tell this is pretty well done. Level design has been great so far and the encounters are very fun.

DarkestHour

Banned
Picking up God Of War to see if I'll enjoy it this time. Feels like another interactive movie game. Also trying to finish Yakuza: Like A Dragon but am dreading the supposed ridiculous difficulty spikes requiring grind.

Mobilemofo

Playing GOW 2018. Despite hating using Atreus...won't be buying the new one tho unless it has the option to dispatch Atreus into Fuckin rock somewhere..🙂

Last edited:
Top Bottom