• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

ShaikhCroft

Just finished Hogwarts Legacy main storyline after 38 hours. Need to finish a few more side/relationship quests. And a few errands to run here and there!

Reactions: Isa

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Making progress in Call of Cthulhu but need a break and palette cleanser. Firing up Luigi's Mansion 3 for the Switch. Docked this game looks marvelous man. Really impressed with what Nintendo is capable of pulling off at 1080p sometimes.

• Fire
Reactions: Isa

SEGA_2012

Bought WWE 2K23 PS5 version as a birthday gift to myself. Can't wait to play ! LET'S GO BROCK LESNAR !!!!

screaming-rage.gif

Punished Miku

Gold Member

Beat Trek to Yomi finally. My mistake the first time I tried this was trying to take the combat seriously but its just not that good. Second time, now I put it on easy and treated the game like Journey basically. Purely admiring the visuals with minimal gameplay. Turns out its one of the best looking games ever made. Incredible camera work and lighting.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties

Beat Trek to Yomi finally. My mistake the first time I tried this was trying to take the combat seriously but its just not that good. Second time, now I put it on easy and treated the game like Journey basically. Purely admiring the visuals with minimal gameplay. Turns out its one of the best looking games ever made. Incredible camera work and lighting.
Just started playing recently myself. It does feel a lot like Journey as a relaxant.

Nico_D

Searching for something new to play.

Installed Days Gone which was a freebie on PS some time ago. Old and tired mechanics, crafting, crouching. Combat is been-there-done-that. Granted, I only played for 15 minutes and I probably should play some more but it just seems and feels so familiar.

Also tried Wasteland 3 on gamepass. The first impression was great. Then I ran next to an enemy with assault rifle in my hand - and had a 55% chance to hit. That shit just breaks the immersion. Didn't even try to see if I hit, turned it off.

Now I installed Like a Dragon. We shall see.

But Lonely Mountain: Downhill is still exceptional. Frustrating and all but such a well made game.

I haven't had this much fun for a long while. Dishonored 2 is the type of game that reminds you the original joy of this type of media when you first played video game at 5.

It gives you bunch of rad powers and tools, it tells you a goal to accomplish, and a delicately crafted playground. As for how you use your power and how to achieve the goal, it's all up you. I absolutely love this design philosophy!

Given all the dumpster fire out there for Redfall, I really hope they can get together and make another dishonored sequel. I am craving for more!

aqIJTb4.jpg

reksveks

My mistake the first time I tried this was trying to take the combat seriously but its just not that good.
Yeah, it's really not but damn does it look good.

Now to what I am playing, currently playing through cassette beasts, nice pokemon like game with alot of element related effects where you can change a plastic type to poison by attacking with fire.

Fools idol

Banned
Resident Evil 4 remake and CSGO are taking up my time for the moment.

The remake is easily the best game remake we've ever gotten in my humble opinion. The return to oldschool gameplay style and the polish on top has set me on a deep nostalgia trip. I think I will be going back to revisit some more from that era for replays and any I missed. Never played Code Veronica for example, which I know is quite highly regarded around these parts. I just backlogged it at the time and never got around to playing. Unfortunately lost my cables for the dreamcast so my original copy is moot for now, will have to find a PS2 version on eBay or something.

Fools idol

Banned
House Flipper whilst I work through some podcasts and Spotify playlists. This game is so soothing to me.

Me and my wife do it in real life in our spare time, it is just as fun providing you have time to do the trickier parts and avoid places that need complete rennovations lol.

I fucking love redecorating, no idea why. Just stick on our portable radio and roll away for a few hours, it's bliss. Got a pad that is almost ready, hoping to make a good 30% return after a month of literally just painting, building shelves, mowing grass and replacing windows.

Last edited:

Gandih42

Got started on XB2: Torna the Golden Country after messing around with the original XB2 post-game for a few weeks. There's so much content in that game, I realized I should easily spend another 50-100 hours maxing out blades and collecting stuff.

So I pushed myself to start Torna so I can finally, eventually get to XB3, and my god that expansion is great. Love the changes to the combat, love the new music (Four-Limbed Titan is a certifiable jazz banger), and really enjoying the story.

Also getting started on Chapter 2s in Octopath 2, that game keep being amazing. It's like a thousands tiny cuts of improvements and come together beautifully as a sequel.

20cent

Banned
FF7 remake.

Never played passed the 2nd disc of the original on PS1 when I got it for Xmas 1997, and was annoyed in the last 25 years by the constant talk, praise, re-releases etc. Never thought I would even look at the remake, let alone play it.

Eh, I like it so far.

Ev1L AuRoN

Ghost of Tsushima / Gow Ragnarok / Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart / COD Modern Warfare 2 2022 / Horizon Forbidden West, Demon Souls Remake, Returnal and FF VII Reintegrate.

Yeah, that's a lot, I recently bought a PS5 and I'm just started to play everything I could. I'm about halfway in in some games and I just finished Guardians of The Galaxy and Spider Man Miles Morales.

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

Ghostwire tokyo and dead island 2 in coop on xbox .
Dead island 2 is really fun to play.
Ghostwire is Ok but not great.

And this week i’ll try redfall in coop (seems to be mediocre but still i need to make my own opinion)

And once ghost wire tokyo is finished, i’ll play the Horizon FW DLC.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The Last of Us PC: Still working on this, and just now started using the listening mechanic. Feels like cheating.

Call of Duty 2: Yep, the old one. I’m pretty surprised at just how well this game holds up. And….no sprint?! No sprint. In a CoD. Takes some getting used to again.

shaddam

I'm starting Resident Evil (the PS4 version) today. I wanted to play all resi games (not in order, I fucked that up), but now I realised that next week it will leave ps plus. And ofc this is the only resi game I don't own :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
  • Redfall - trying to finish before Zelda. Apparently its short. Rough around the edges but still enjoyable so far.
  • Ghostwire Tokyo - still enjoying it but it does get repetitive. Taking my time. The art style and combat are great.
  • Advance Wars - got demolished by stage 15 like 6x and had to take a break. Will jump back in soon. Game is brutal, but one of the best SRPGs ever.
  • Octopath 2 - Put it on the back burner for a bit, started to feel repetitive. But that's why I like the chapter breaks. Can jump back in easily after taking a few weeks off and it's not a big deal.
  • Splatoon 3 - getting ready for the Zelda Splatfest this weekend.
Will also try out Ravenok when it comes out in 2 days.

sedg87

Banned
Final Fantasy VI
Just about to head to the floating continent. I think I'm severely under-leveled.

Breath of Fire 3
One of my favourite games of all time and I've been in a massive JRPG mood lately so I decided to play it again. Just beat the Nue :(

Nico_D

Managed to get into Days Gone. It's actually pretty entertaining. All the open-world cliches are there, not much on the innovation side but perfectly playable.

tylrdiablos

I got about 8 hours into the original Far Cry. I got annoyed with it and uninstalled it. It's just wasn't fun and was showing its age. (Fair enough, it released in 2004.)

I've switched over to Zelda : The Minish Cap and it quickly sunk its claws into me. I pretty much lost my entire weekend to it. The art, the music, the gameplay, I'm loving all of it.
Very impressed, a solid 9/10 title.
(I also had one of those "oooohhh!" moments when I figured out the title meaning/pun/play on words.)

0ab725d34d14382f9d58b41dc12f7b5daec1a172.gifv

amigastar

I got about 8 hours into the original Far Cry. I got annoyed with it and uninstalled it. It's just wasn't fun and was showing its age. (Fair enough, it released in 2004.)

I've switched over to Zelda : The Minish Cap and it quickly sunk its claws into me. I pretty much lost my entire weekend to it. The art, the music, the gameplay, I'm loving all of it.
Very impressed, a solid 9/10 title.
(I also had one of those "oooohhh!" moments when I figured out the title meaning/pun/play on words.)

0ab725d34d14382f9d58b41dc12f7b5daec1a172.gifv
To me all Crytek games are mediocre. Never could get into their games.
Also weed and Zelda Minish cap go well together.

Last edited:
FF7 remake.

Never played passed the 2nd disc of the original on PS1 when I got it for Xmas 1997, and was annoyed in the last 25 years by the constant talk, praise, re-releases etc. Never thought I would even look at the remake, let alone play it.

Eh, I like it so far.
Hate to break it to you, but the name is a lie. It isn't a remake, but a sequel.

Needlecrash

Playing Resident Evil 4 Remake on PC and PS5. Started a new game on Hardcore. The damage you get is identical to the original. Just got to Chapter 10.

Also, playing some Cannon Dancer/Osman, the spiritual successor to Strider. It's really fun but it's a quarter muncher for sure.

And obviously, Tactics Ogre Reborn. PC/PS5 runs are Law routes in Chapter 3. Switch route is Chaos. I'm thinking of going the full Chaos route instead of Neutral.

Switch: Advanced wars reboot. On mission 16 of the first game. Never played it before, only have the ds games. If you love hard, to the point turn based strategy with great style this is for you!

Steamdeck: Fallout 3, never beat the ps3 ver. I had back then 50 hours in and nowhere near done. Just got the radar dish from the tech muesuem. Game is still looking great. Hard to believe it's over 15 years old.

Everspace 2 (also playing on pc). So much fun. Everspace 1 ramped up to crazy levels. Freelancer like combat. Recommend for people like me who love space rpgs and dog fighting but not the crazy slow plodding of elite and the x series.

Pc:
Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic
Video game Soviet Era country /city builder. Not my ideology but fun to role play

Ps5: Dead Island 2. Not far in but it's so much fun
Made me put re4 remake on hold

Thanks for the spoil, but yeah it had a taste of Rebuild of Evangelion with the hallucinations and what they seem to mean in the first 2 hours.
I don't consider that a spoiler. Just letting you know the game assumes you know what happens in the original game.

Top Bottom