• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

LastBattle

Quantum Break - just finished today. Wow what a well told story! Really great game. Remedy rocks!

Wo Long - Up to Chapter 5. Really enjoying the game though maybe it’s getting a bit long in the tooth. Recycled enemies is getting a little old too. Once Ive finished this I’m moving onto Bloodborne which has been in my pile
Of shame for years. Only in the past year I’ve developed a huge appreciation for Soul like games.

RE4R - what’s to say. It’s brilliant. 😍

Shifty1897

Just beat Fire Emblem Engage after 90+ hours.
Hard/Classic, All Paralogues, Zero Deaths.
It was fine.

I got a 15% off eShop voucher from Nintendo for my birthday and Zelda releases in what, 9 days? More than likely going to get that.
In the meantime, I will either finish Nier Automata again or Metroid Prime Remastered.

sedg87

Banned
Valkyrie Elysium
Got this today from Boomerang Rentals. One of those games that I've been vaguely interested in but would never really buy unless it's dirt cheap in a sale. Anyway, it's pretty fun after three hours. There's nothing special about any aspect of the game nor is there anything bad. It's just a solid and fun RPG.

Ghostwire Tokyo
I've been playing this on and off since receiving it as a birthday gift last August. Just got to chapter 4. The combat is decent but it's the world that keeps bringing me back. I really like the design, the shops, and the size of the map. Can sometimes feel a little overwhelming due to the sheer amount of stuff to collect, plus there's quite a few side missions to tackle.

Breath of Fire 3
Just beat McNeil and had the first encounter with Balio and Sunder.

sedg87

Banned
Valkyrie Elysium
Just beat chapter 9. Think there's only 12? Shorter than I expected but still having a fun time with this.

Mr Hyde

Soon finished with Final Fantasy 6 pixel remaster. Only got Locke and Terra left to collect in World of Ruin before heading to Kefkas Tower to beat the shit out of him. It's been a great revisit, a solid remaster through and through. Although I think World of Ruin, and the non linear approach to the story, is pretty weak compared to World of Balance. Still, FF 6 is definitely one of the great Final Fantasy -games. But it's nothing compared to what Square did on the PS1 with the franchise.

I've also jumped back into Arkham Origins. I was about 1/5th through the story before I put it down. The game is good but I can't stand the Dualshock 3 so I waited until I could get my hands on a proper controller. Bought the retro fighters defender (also works with PS1 and 2) and now it feels much better. It was expensive as fuck but I hope it's worth it. I need to thoroughly use it for a couple of months before I can decide if it's a dud or a homerun. So far so good.

Last edited:
I recently "completed" Kakarot for good (all DLCs, all achievements, and all entries in the Z-encyclopedia) so I'm playing around with mods a bit. I have one that adds a lot of transformations and special moves for all the playable characters (UI Goku, Beast Gohan, Orange Piccolo...), unfortunately all the stuff it adds for Vegito and Gotenks is currently un-usable as there's no mod that can make them playable directly (as in, not though transformations during combat only) in the latest version of the game. UI Vegito would have been fun, oh well...

Reactions: Isa

Nico_D

I finished Call of the Sea (Steam)

It was an interesting game

It was a freebie on Epic sometime ago. It was ok. Story was too typical example of the genre storytelling: if you can't come up with anything interesting, just put aliens or ancient highly advanced civilizations into it. Insert puzzles.

Puzzles were mostly fine except how they started repeating. But nothing on the level of The Witness - which also had a silly story. Whatever it was.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Tried out Kena: Bridge of Spirits. The environments are lush and lovely. It reminds of game we would have seen the GameCube era. I'm still early on as I just got the bow but it really hasn't grabbed me. The combat is really unsatisfying.

Combat gets a better further in once you’ve unlocked things. Stick with it.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The Last of Us: This feels like an interactive adventure. It’s got the downtime exploring the beautifully crafted environments - and then your stealthy take out/avoid the enemy bits. Really enjoying my time with it.

Deathloop: Went back to give this a shot, and I think it’s finally clicked with me. It’s no Dishonored or Prey, but it’s not as bad as I initially felt. Still in the early goings.

AndrewRyan

Been switching between two incredibly creative games: Psychonauts 2 and Super Mario Odyssey. Both have me shaking my head in awe with all the details you notice and for how polished they are.

In a perfect world you'd get the Nintendo devs to add their mechanics and platforming to Psychonauts to make the ultimate game.

Last edited:

Markio128

Octopath Traveler 2. It’s a great game. I’ve collected all 8 characters and I’ve enjoyed each of their individual stories so far. Up to chapter 3 with my main and one other and just started applying 2nd jobs.

I really like the visuals and music, and the combat is great as far as turn based combat goes. The only niggles are the overly long boss battles and the sometimes tedious levelling up between chapters. Other than that though, I’m having a good 8-9/10 time with the game so far.

Mr Hyde

Finished DuckTales remastered. Short and sweet, just like the original. I dig this remaster. It looks like the cartoon, with voice actors from the show, making the game feel pretty authentic. It has revamped levels and bosses, but it follows the original very close so it's always a blast to play and it never deviates from the original vision. I highly recommend it if you like classic Disney and classic platformers.

RAIDEN1

I just started up a second run of God of War 2018 on PS5. It's good so far. I beat the STranger, then stopped.
I am a few hours in, this is the first time I have ever played it much less any God of War game...what I have found though is that when the side-quests start to appear they aren't exactly easy to reach, and even then I think one of them has a boss you must defeat as if there aren't enough bosses in the game already! There should be some sort of portal that allows you to easily navigate to the side-quest areas dotted on the map instead of trying to work out how to get to that point...the combat I am not a huge fan of...it doesn't have the seamless-ness of say a Spiderman or Batman...

ugFpG90.jpg

I haven't played it since the original launch on PS4. I'm playing the PS5 version and will play the Yuffie portion after.

It's a lot different knowing from the start it isn't really a remake, but a sequel disguised as a remake. I'm catching things I missed originally.

Especially, how Aerith knew who Cloud was before they technically met and when the destiny ghosts are putting things back on their supposed track. Also, it's starting to make more sense how Cloud himself was starting to see things that happened in FF7, but haven't happened yet (or maybe, at all) in Remake.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Xenoblade chronicles 3, its really blown me a way. The step up over 2 and torna is excellent. The combat system has me hooked.

Won't finish it before zelda so I'm somehow going to have to juggle them both. Have fire emblem engaged sealed and ready to go.

Started jedi survivor too, amazing so far. Massive star wars fan so dream game for me. Just holding out for patches.

Too many games lol

Sessions of apex and fortnite zero build with buds.

Last edited:
I have two time trials left in Hot Wheels Unleashed to get the Unleashed time for (Medium Difficulty).

Then... Yakuza series? Persona 5 Royal? Psychonauts? The Witcher 3? Super obscure tennis sim (Tennis Elbow 4)?

I think I like buying games more than playing them 🤔

Ryūtō

Currently playing both Wild Arms 1 and Legend of Dragoon. Planning to move straight into 2 once I'm done with WA.

I'm hoping that the Grandia franchise and Xenogears comes to PS Classics sometime down the line.

I was on a Resident Evil kick, playing RE4 remake 4 times and then re-playing RE8 twice, but now I wanted to play something different.

Some random YouTube vid that popped up reminded me of Deus Ex Human Revolution, so I dusted off my WiiU, wrestled with Gamepad connection issues, and finally started a new replay of it.

dxWsfPM.jpg

Human Revolution is already a great game, and the Director’s Cut WiiU version is probably the best console version of it since it surprisingly doesn’t have a Remaster. It’s probably the best 3rd-party WiiU port that was ever released. Stuff like having the minimap on the touchscreen and using the touchscreen for hacking is really intuitive in a game that’s already really immersive.

The previous two times I played it I went stealth only, but now I’m trying out a combat focused build, and the game has a lot of cool guns and melee takedowns I hadn’t used before that are satisfying. I’ll probably play Mankind Divided after since I never played the DLC for that. It’s such a damn shame the likely hood of getting another game is basically zero, since Squeenix just stopped caring about their western dev investments after forcing them to work on marvel crap.

GANlMwu.gif

Last edited:
Octopath Traveler 2. It’s a great game. I’ve collected all 8 characters and I’ve enjoyed each of their individual stories so far. Up to chapter 3 with my main and one other and just started applying 2nd jobs.

I really like the visuals and music, and the combat is great as far as turn based combat goes. The only niggles are the overly long boss battles and the sometimes tedious levelling up between chapters. Other than that though, I’m having a good 8-9/10 time with the game so far.

Curious how many hours have you played of it so far. I never finished the first one since the game is a grind fest for me

Valkyria Chronicles 4

I'm surprised it's really fun and I like the characters and story. The gameplay is addictive too

The accidental looking up the skirt Incident made me burst out laughing lol

Also one of my favorite battles

Having to sneak near tanks in the fog to see if they are real or fake. Using Kai to shoot the numbers on top of those 3 towers to signal the bombers to get rid of tanks

Hope the game throws more unique battle situations like what I just mentioned in the future

Last edited:

Fredrik

Played some Baldur’s Gate 1 Enhanced Edition yesterday. Made me sad, I used to play this a lot, original edition I mean, but time has not been kind to this game, I really can’t enjoy it anymore.
Or is the enhanced edition worse?

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Days Gone, finally near the end after some 40 hours. This is one slow ass burn and the most generic open world 'zombie' games there is. The terrible hillbilly redneck cast, hearing Deacon Saint Johns name every fucking minute. Dumb enemy AI, combat encounters are always the same. Only being able to fight hordes so late on in the game was a mistake.

Markio128

Curious how many hours have you played of it so far. I never finished the first one since the game is a grind fest for me

Valkyria Chronicles 4

I'm surprised it's really fun and I like the characters and story. The gameplay is addictive too

The accidental looking up the skirt Incident made me burst out laughing lol

Also one of my favorite battles

Having to sneak near tanks in the fog to see if they are real or fake. Using Kai to shoot the numbers on top of those 3 towers to signal the bombers to get rid of tanks

Hope the game throws more unique battle situations like what I just mentioned in the future
I’m around 20 hours in. I’d say around 30-60 minutes of that time was spent levelling up to reach the next chapters, so not too bad tbh.

RAIDEN1

I was on a Resident Evil kick, playing RE4 remake 4 times and then re-playing RE8 twice, but now I wanted to play something different.

Some random YouTube vid that popped up reminded me of Deus Ex Human Revolution, so I dusted off my WiiU, wrestled with Gamepad connection issues, and finally started a new replay of it.

dxWsfPM.jpg

Human Revolution is already a great game, and the Director’s Cut WiiU version is probably the best console version of it since it surprisingly doesn’t have a Remaster. It’s probably the best 3rd-party WiiU port that was ever released. Stuff like having the minimap on the touchscreen and using the touchscreen for hacking is really intuitive in a game that’s already really immersive.

The previous two times I played it I went stealth only, but now I’m trying out a combat focused build, and the game has a lot of cool guns and melee takedowns I hadn’t used before that are satisfying. I’ll probably play Mankind Divided after since I never played the DLC for that. It’s such a damn shame the likely hood of getting another game is basically zero, since Squeenix just stopped caring about their western dev investments after forcing them to work on marvel crap.

GANlMwu.gif
Where is the new Deus EX....Bring back Adam Jensen

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Wargroove in the PS5. Fun, easy, kind of charming little real-time strat game in a fantasy setting. Was on sale for only $7.99.

I also got the urge to start a Gryffindor play through of Hogwarts Legacy on PS5.

Last games finished are The Forest on pc and Resident evil 4 remake on PS5. Loved both.
Now playing Dead Island 2 on PS5 and Gears of War 2 on Xsx. Into Gears of War again and only played the 2nd game once in coop.

Mr Hyde

Arkham Origins is pretty solid so far. It took a while to get going but it´s pretty exciting now with the Joker entering the playing field. It doesn´t reinventing the wheel or anythin, it´s basically Arkham City once again with a new story. Performance is not so good on PS3 to be honest. Frame rate is very inconsitent, and it lags in the open world from time to time. Not expecting any less from PS3 though, lol.

drganon

It took a little over 80 hours, but I finally got the true ending to Digimon survive. Also still playing Apollo Justice on the side. Not quite sure what my next game will be.

sedg87

Banned
Breath of Fire 3
Went through the contest of champions, and have just beat the stallion boss. On my way back to Wyndia. Need to grab a few more weapons so I can put Momo under D'Lonzo.

Breath of Fire 3
Went through the contest of champions, and have just beat the stallion boss. On my way back to Wyndia. Need to grab a few more weapons so I can put Momo under D'Lonzo.
Great game

But Breath of Fire 4 is still my favorite

I haven't played BOF 1, 2 and 5 though

My issues with BOF3 is the forced minigames

Some of them took me forever to get through

Top Bottom