• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

IKSTUGA

FF14 is still my main game. I've finally gotten into raiding, and it has been a blast! We've kinda been stuck on P3S for a couple of weeks now, but I'm optimistic we'll down the bird either this or next week.

On the side I've been casually playing Hades (for the 100th time) and Tetris Effect. Pokemon Legends will be my next big new project.

SSfox

Playing some few games simultaneously. But for Solo games replaying a third time in a month playthrought of first Bayo game. Such an amazing game, while all those lowtier devs trying to take themselves too seriously and making some of the shittiest and forgettable games, then you have Bayo a +10 years old game that still not matched in so many area.

Zephir

Bought them today for next to nothing, knowing full well what they are, because I wanted a challenge (also Graffiti Kingdom is there because it was 2 euros)
QkY72yW.jpg

GymWolf

None, i have like 4-5 minor games in pause because i only want to play forbidden west and nothing else.

DL2 release can't come soon enough, probably the only one that can distract me a little.

Nico_D

Anno 1800 with all the DLC
Civ VI multiplayer
Humankind
Also at the final (I think) puzzle of The Pedestrian

Tried Monark demo. Wasn't impressed at all.

Last edited:

drganon

Beat the monark demo. I'll probably get it eventually when it comes out. Also still slowly progressing in tales of arise.

Arthimura

I recently got the platinum trophy for Deathloop, it was a great experience. The game is fun and creative and have a unique progression system, different than anything else I played before.

Now I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei V. After Shin Megami Tensei IV I have high expectations. The graphics are pretty bad to be honest, worse than other Atlus games like Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and Persona 5. But the game itself is being fun, I need to make more more progress in the game to see how the combats and story are going to unfold.

My expectation is to finish it until the release of Horizon Forbidden West and Elden Ring. I'm going to focus on Elden Ring first, and after that I'm going to play Horizon Forbidden West.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
I've been playing a lot of Yugioh Master Duel. Mostly making stupid decks to duel against friends. This in turn has got me into Tag Force 5 on my PSP which is also super fun compared to the meta in Master Duel.

Hitman 3 recently got the Elusive Target Arcade mode and I've been enjoying that as well.

Last edited:

MachRc

"Finished" ghost of Tsushima, started that island DLC, but somehow ended up playing Nobody saves the world.

I must have spent like an two hours replaying that first baby dungeon each time I gathered new shape/forms.
Man, this game is alot of fun.

SO juggling F-horizon5( jezus the never ending races dpad down and right) and Hoping to finish Nobody Saves the World.
Last game i completed that was a indie like hit would be undertale from like 7 years ago.(havent even finished Ascent))
Just noticed on my phone too that its cloud enabled so i can jump in on any device which is neat.

Mr Hyde

I think I fucked up my Vampyr playthrough. I embraced Sean Hampton and now the whole district died. Can't finish the side quests, all the XP disappeared and all the loot you get for completing character quests are gone. Plus the entire area is swarming with enemies. Didn't know consequences were so harsh for finishing off main characters. Fuck.

engstra

Decided to replay UC4 since the upgrade was only a tenner. Only played through both games o f the collection once at release so excited to go back. Have to say these games still look absolutely stunning

bender

What time is it?
Trying again to find Raymond in Animal Crossing. I've got 53 NMTs and a little under 200,000 points.

I'm also going to start Max Payne 3 tonight.

Vyse

Gold Member
"Finished" ghost of Tsushima, started that island DLC, but somehow ended up playing Nobody saves the world.

I must have spent like an two hours replaying that first baby dungeon each time I gathered new shape/forms.
Man, this game is alot of fun.

SO juggling F-horizon5( jezus the never ending races dpad down and right) and Hoping to finish Nobody Saves the World.
Last game i completed that was a indie like hit would be undertale from like 7 years ago.(havent even finished Ascent))
Just noticed on my phone too that its cloud enabled so i can jump in on any device which is neat.
Playing Ghost as well. Stopped to play Nobody this week, which I just finished. Greta game! Need to figure out what to hit next. Lots of good games coming up.

Beechos

Currently replaying max payne 3 via bc. My goodness this game still holds up today in gameplay and graphics. I usually dont replay old games but wanted to see how its aged and bought it on the xbox bc sale. Game got me hooked for some bullet time action. The seizure inducing cut scenes still get me though.

swaffles23

FNAF Security Breach. Was finishing up getting all the trophies and find out one of them is bugged so it's impossible to get the platinum trophy on PS5 atm.

Checking out Project Zomboid. Really only dived in because of the multiplayer, and because it was always hovering in the Steam's best sellers. I do really like it, but I think it needs a few more updates to make the multiplayer more compelling. I am thinking a proper server browser for one. Despite that though, the possibilities of it could be so damn amazing.

And then after that it is the usual boring rotation, Apex Legends and R6 siege. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy them but I would love something fresh.

I am all geared up for the new Horizon game though :D

Just finished Skyrim for the first time ever. Have started it countless times but just got lost. This time I decided to stick through it .... Did what I always do in TES games: Thieves/Brotherhood/Main as far as questing goes ... Had an absolute BLAST. Very sorry it's all over now. The early/midgame is where it shines. Endgame was honestly just a slog to get it over with and the final boss was so weak I actually looked up if it was a bug or not (skyrim has tons of bugs even still - but this wasn't). The ability to honestly really role-play however you want is still to this day so amazing. Get married, adopt kids, take on side jobs, or not, whatever. It's just so stunning how honestly freeing the game is.

Could never get it working in ultrawide which was frustrating, but whatever.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Just finished Halo 5.

I'm at a loss of word.... What the trash was that? I really dug what 343 did in Halo 4 but this... What the hell happened? This is the most unmemorable Halo I have ever played... by far. And by that I'm not referring to the story but to everything else. The story was utter trash. I mean, wow...

Now to play Gears 4 before I dip into Halo Infinite. Really hope that one is better. Damn...

stn

I beat Xuan Yuan Sword 7 last night, gonna hopefully finish the last few trophies tonight for the platinum. If you're into action-RPG's that have a lower budget and some jank, you will enjoy it. The combat and story are decent enough and I will definitely buy the next one. Overall I'd score it a very solid 7/10.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Just finished Halo 5.

I'm at a loss of word.... What the trash was that? I really dug what 343 did in Halo 4 but this... What the hell happened? This is the most unmemorable Halo I have ever played... by far. And by that I'm not referring to the story but to everything else. The story was utter trash. I mean, wow...

Now to play Gears 4 before I dip into Halo Infinite. Really hope that one is better. Damn...
I don’t regret playing Gears 4 because it looks good. Otherwise mediocre (I feel the same about 5 and its dlc)

Mr Hyde

Ori and the will of the wisps and it's so fucking good. The new abilities are so much fun. Bow and grappling hook makes for some really fun and challenging platforming. And it's so gorgeous, absolutely floored by the graphics and smoothness of it. I love the Ori series. Great games.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Horizon ZD. Had started playing it. Stopped to play some other new games, hadn’t gone back. Trying to beat it before Sifu and HFW hit.

2022 so far

I Platinum Ghost of Tsushima (PS5) a few days ago. Put like 55 hours into the game. I give the game a solid 7.5-8. The side missions were repetitive. The Mongols have killed such and such family, go seek revenge! Follow the footprints, and kill the mongols, rinse and repeat.

Beat south park stick of truth (Xbox) yesterday and that game was great. I had non-stop fun on that shit. A good 9/10. Next is Fractured But Whole.

Still playing Yu-Gi-OH Master Duel (currently Plat 5)

Yakuza Like A Dragon (Xbox) 22 hours in on Chapter 8 a lil burnt out right now.

Guardians of the Galaxy (Xbox) Fun game so far, graphics are good, and the story and voice acting give the movies real comp.

Far Cry 6 (Xbox) will get back to it eventually 🤷🏾‍♂️

Smite (Xbox) what can i say…been playing since the beta in 2015. Got over 100 days played on Xbox.

Quantum Break (Xbox) still gotta beat it.

NBA 2K22 (Xbox) it’s 2k 🤷🏾‍♂️
Cold War (Xbox) fav shooter franchise of all time of course i still have to play a cod 🤷🏾
Judgment (Xbox)
Mad Max (Xbox))
Outriders (Xbox)
EDF Iron Rain (PS5)

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Deamon x Machina has some repetitive moments to it and some odd controls for tight corridors. I am half way done with the second rank missions and the tight corridors are frustrating more than they are fun. It was fun there for a while, but my mech hasn’t really changed its layout for the last 6 missions. I’m not sure if will hold my attention to the end.

Suikoden 1 has been great. Leveled up to 21. Attempting to recruit everyone as I journey ahead. Waiting for some new games to come out. I finished Kena, which was great. The final encounter was frustrating. In my opinion they should have just copied BotW’s final encounter. That would have been a lot more satisfying.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I don’t regret playing Gears 4 because it looks good. Otherwise mediocre (I feel the same about 5 and its dlc)
Holy moly you are right… Just booted Gear 4 on the Series and it looks gorgeous. So much better than Halo 5 it‘s kinda baffling.

Last edited:

Y0ssarian

Banned
Finished Jak and Daxter the Precursor Legacy today. Holds up incredibly well.

God Eater 2 Rage Burst (PS4) - harder than God Eater 3, that's for sure

God of War II (PS3) - beaten GoW 1 and GoW (2018). Wanna play em all

The Last of Us Part II (PS4) - I hear this game is quite lols

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
-Played a bunch of Monster Hunter Rise this weekend to catch up on some of the new events.
-I took down the 3rd boss in Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth. I was pretty excited for this game but I'm finding it really dull.
-Started Max Payne 3. I can't same I'm a fan of the narrative's tone. Also having a partner early on in the game is kind of a drag. Game play is pretty fun though but I'm finding it difficult.
-Tried and Visage and Riftbreaker and these games definitely aren't for me.
-Slowing working my way through Unpacking. It doesn't really scratch any itches for me but the achievements are easy for daily AMEM rewards.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Mostly--Insurgency: Sandstorm(perfect online FPS, "simcade" fits perfectly)
Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm(don't shoot your teammate simulator)
Project Realism(BF2 mod--not having fun atm though)
Day of Infamy(not very populated, WW2 fps from Insurgency devs)
Crown Trick(very good game; it's like crypt of the necrodancer+disgaea+rogue-lite elements)
Spyro trilogy--with my daughter. She had great fun with skateboarding part in third game.

BigBooper

Played through Lego Hobbit. Weird game. One of the more ambitious Lego game worlds, but also feels half assed because of splicing in dialogs from the movies.

Nobody Saves The World. About 5 hours into this, and though I really like it as a single player game, the co-op should have been much better. Do not like the 2nd player not keeping their progress.

Sekiro. After cheesing the first boss, it's clear that my reflexes are not up to this game. It's an interesting world and the combat feels fun at first, but I am too weak and puny.

Bombolone

Gold Member
proxy-image

Picked it up on Steam (50% off) last night.
Elden Ring has me hyped.
Still gotta finish Bloodborne and dust off the PS3 for some Souls.

Was looking for the Souls games as well. Still full price!!!
Anyone know of any sales/cheaper deals (PC)?

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Finished aria of sorrow with all souls now,
Finished an aria of sorrow Julius run through
Finished a harmony of Dissonance maxim playthrough too.

Been playing overwatch and really enjoying the game to my surprise.
& As always I have Tetris effect & halo infinite on regular rotation :)

BigBooper

proxy-image

Picked it up on Steam (50% off) last night.
Elden Ring has me hyped.
Still gotta finish Bloodbourne and dust off the PS3 for some Souls.

Was looking for the Souls games as well. Still full price!!!
Anyone know of any sales/cheaper deals (PC)?
DS3 is $15 on Humble Bundle so no great sales.

Here's the best way to keep track though. You can even set up alerts for when a game hits the price you want.

Top Bottom