• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what happened to mk1 female fighters design

Mileena

manuel-robles-b4.jpg

ahhCblr.jpg

Sindel

9txgb40x7wkb1.jpg

Trailer-emocionante-de-Mortal-Kombat-1-com-Sindel-e-General-Shao.jpg.webp

Kitana

Kitana-MK11-Unmasked-the-ladies-of-mortal-kombat-43077060-1324-1152.jpg

fa6qlzd58xdb1.jpg

Tanya
legiao_fgXlvAjnqwTkyiP27K5E4huN3aeUQpJOx1HzYLbcB0.png.webp

sXm2E40T_400x400.jpg

Li Mei and Ashrah look great at least. But is strange such designs, when the men from the roster are way more good looking.

Montauk

MK is long dead, mate.

Because of the possibility of an optional gore switch, in order to get around how that limits the games spread in certain arenas?

What a ridiculous comment.

The appeal and benefit of that is obvious and it would in no way impact your desire to see all the gore and violence.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Would all of them except maybe Tanya (in your "before" version too). Clothes design isn't great but that's never been a MK strong point save for a couple iconic looks like the classic ninjas or Raiden.
the men from the roster are way more good looking.
if the men weren't all super attractive
I mean, that's a personal preference, not much game devs can do about that, you like what you like.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Eh, Ashrah is a huge downgrade too and Li Mei has the same generic Asian face that Sindel and Kitana have. Tanya is still the worst of the bunch but Tanya sucks regardless so I find it hard to really care one way or the other. I don't mind them going for more natural looks after how excessive MK9 was but they're definitely aiming to downplay the women as much as possible. It wouldnt stand out as much if the men weren't all super attractive and as super jacked as can be.

Reactions: Isa

Montauk

They changed Sonya a bit too...
L1cucQ5.jpg

9VnZGP9.png

So she’s been turned from a cartoon into a still slim and fit still very conventionally attractive much more realistic looking woman that is dressed like the original design?

Wow. What a truly devastating blow.

What, you’re acting like she’s hideous now because she doesn’t have equally massive tits?

Would you reject this athlete-level blonde woman in real life?

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Massive downgrade in mammary potential.

This change is fine the character looks a lot like the original... The old lady from MK11 was the problem.

So she’s been turned from a cartoon into a still slim and fit still very conventionally attractive much more realistic looking woman that is dressed like the original design?

Wow. What a truly devastating blow.

What, you’re acting like she’s hideous now because she doesn’t have equally massive tits?

Would you reject this athlete-level blonde woman in real life?

We go from someone having a laugh at how awful the early Sonia models where.

Someone telling us quite rightly that Sonia is MK11 is terrible (but at least it matches the terrible voice actor)

To finally being told what my tastes in women should be and asserting that only the current Sonia can be seen as attractive as a universal truth that all men must align to.

I love this place.

Montauk

Someone telling us quite rightly that Sonia is MK11 is terrible (but at least it matches the terrible voice actor)

To finally being told what my tastes in women should be and asserting that only the current Sonia can be seen as attractive as a universal truth that all men must align to.

I love this place.

It’s the opposite problem. I haven’t said you have to find her attractive. But I am challenging to explain the insinuation that she’s ugly.

I mean we’re gonna get loads of guys coming in here to state as if it were indisputable fact that these women are hideous (Jesus Christ all of them are way dramatically slimmer than most Americans), aren’t we?

Montauk

I love this place.

Did you love the comments bluntly declaring all these women uggos? Does that make you love this place, because that’s what I’m talking about?

Funny you didn’t quote those ones, isn’t it?

Last edited:

Luigi Mario

While I think most of the female characters already had questionable designs in MK11, especially Frost and Skarlet, every MK1 design in your comparison is a downgrade.

It would help if these screenshots weren’t YouTube compressed blurry messes.

Regardless, I’ll review this fairly.

Mileena = better
Sindel = same
Kitana = worse
Tanya = better

Idk what happened with Kitana but she gives me the ‘modern mom’ image, especially with those high waisted leggings and that top. It’s weird and a gigantic downgrade. The designs for the rest are better and Sindel keeps being treated with the best care in both beauty and style. I don’t know why that’s a thing either.

The ones who are currently whining about the lack of cleavage will stop caring once they show the alternate outfits. The same thing happened with Street Fighter 6. As for the ones who are complaining about the faces, I only agree that Kitana looks worse. I don’t see any agendas, especially since they’ve greatly improved Mileena and Tanya.

ssringo

Mileena: decently attractive face, neck looks super long and an ugly outfit. Prefer the short hair on her. Guess she's hiding her real mouth somehow? Or is that shit retconned away? Other than the normal mouth she's fine.

Sindel: looks like an older woman? One with an adult daughter? I dunno. Both versions look fine.

Kitana: decently attractive face that I like more than her MK11 version, ugly outfit and inferior to her MK11 version. It's a wash.

Tanya: is that even the same character? And why such a shitty picture of her? Whatever.

Sonya: Looks good to me. Doesn't need gigantic tits.

I don't really care though. I'll pick up the all-in-one edition in a few years on fanatical for $5 and see what's what for a few hours.

kunonabi

It would help if these screenshots weren’t YouTube compressed blurry messes.

Regardless, I’ll review this fairly.

Mileena = better
Sindel = same
Kitana = worse
Tanya = better

Idk what happened with Kitana but she gives me the ‘modern mom’ image, especially with those high waisted leggings and that top. It’s weird and a gigantic downgrade. The designs for the rest are better and Sindel keeps being treated with the best care in both beauty and style. I don’t know why that’s a thing either.

The ones who are currently whining about the lack of cleavage will stop caring once they show the alternate outfits. The same thing happened with Street Fighter 6. As for the ones who are complaining about the faces, I only agree that Kitana looks worse. I don’t see any agendas, especially since they’ve greatly improved Mileena and Tanya.

Tanya's new design is all about agenda. Or at the very least appeasing Ed Boon's girlfriend since Jackie is most likely gone.

Montauk

Tanya's new design is all about agenda. Or at the very least appeasing Ed Boon's girlfriend since Jackie is most likely gone.

Ah damn, he’s got a girlfriend and she’s fucking it all up?

If only he was volcel, like you. Girlfriends just ruin everything. You and the others like you in this thread have got to stay strong and continue resisting the siren call of females.

Last edited:
I don’t see how giving Tanya a better face and a better outfit is an agenda. That OP image is highly cherry picked to try and even make her look bad, but it barely even works there and it especially doesn’t work the minute you view the trailer.

Crayon

They intentionally made them look more like er... not all models. I will tell you, plenty of people who are not woke psychos find it refreshing.

It's okay to want sexier characters. If it's enough to weigh on your purchasing descision then consider trying some good fg's instead of mk.

ReBurn

Gold Member
They intentionally made them look more like er... not all models. I will tell you, plenty of people who are not woke psychos find it refreshing.

It's okay to want sexier characters. If it's enough to weigh on your purchasing descision then consider trying some good fg's instead of mk.
Seriously. Mai is still bouncy in KOF XV. Folks can turn on training mode and watch her sway in standing position to an infinite timer until they finish whatever it was they turned the game on for.

Crayon

Seriously. Mai is still bouncy in KOF XV. Folks can turn on training mode and watch her sway in standing position to an infinite timer until they finish whatever it was they turned the game on for.

I just did last weekend. She was wobbling this way and that.

Top Bottom