• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what happened to mk1 female fighters design

Liu Kang reset the timeline and made everyone Asian so he could increase his MSG score.
5jWmQpm.gif

nbkicker

Its every game that comes out today females are looking rank, apart from japan and eastern studios, all western studios are too scared oh having nice looking females in games cause they scared of getting called out on it or half the studio staff are blue haired cross dressing woke staff, its weird how some female charachter from ps2/ps3 era even though more pixeleted look better then ones coming out today, it like they just use same butch face for male and female and just chaged the hair

Last edited:
In light of everything I said, you think Tanya looks better?
Better than MKX? Yes. Absolutely.

lets-compare-tanyas-evolution-it-speaks-volumes-v0-2ikzyxn86jdb1.png

If I were to rank them, Mortal Kombat 4 Tanya still looks the best. The new MK 1 Tanya is second place. Maybe, maybe the unreleased/beta version of MKX Tanya(the third one in this image) is a solid number 3. The fact that you guys like the Deception and/or MKX design is crazy to me, but then again some of you here legitimately like ol' iron chin Sonya from MK9 posted above, so I'm not sure what to believe.

Looks alright to me, though not super matching to its content.
The fatalities while grounded in some realism are hyper stylized in their violence.
But the characters here look more like real women, but overall with the less stylized/sexualized wardrobe kinda soft and bland. I don't know if realism suits these type of fighters well, those that are rather bizarre in their violence and not just realistic like an mma game needs to be. I think the characters should be on the wild side of the creatives imagination and look kinda bonkers, not like some rather boring cosplay design that is neither really realistic, with a lot of just useless ornamental stuff, nor thrilling fantasy.

NT80

Not racist but "oriental" is just used for antiques now and not people.

faorXXXII_hali_235_405.gif

I do remember when it was the common vernacular, though. Also: asking every asian kid if they knew karate lol.
I used to use the term Oriental to describe people from the far east. Don't know why it's changed. Asia is a huge continent and the term is very broad. Western Asians look very different from those from the eastern end.

Its every game that comes out today females are looking rank, apart from japan and eastern studios, all western studios are too scared oh having nice looking females in games cause they scared of getting called out on it or half the studio staff are blue haired cross dressing woke staff, its weird how some female charachter from ps2/ps3 era even though more pixeleted look better then ones coming out today, it like they just use same butch face for male and female and just chaged the hair
It's funny I now see hotter girls at the gym that I frequent than in Western videogames.

Do you think they didn't intentionally try to ugg them up just a little bit? Just a coincidence they all dropped points between releases?

It's no surprise to me when you see how there are trans men in high development positions. Most likely the character designers are friends with these people and aren't going to put supermodels in the game which might offend or make the trans people look even worse than they do.

I don't have a problem with someone who wants to dress as a woman, but when it so clearly affects a game that's when it gets obnoxious and woke. Just like in real life, be whoever you want to be but don't expect others to afree or share in your delusion.

Obviously, what they're doing in MK1 id nowhere near the insanity of what's going on in real life where they're trying to legislate trans "rights" so this is more of an annoyance than anything. Some of you denying that this is woke is funny tho.

Roxkis_ii

It seems like this game doesn't want ladies to have sex appeal and that fine, but I feel like their cucking themselves of potential sales off what it seems like some principle, which is odd in a hyper violent fighting game. When you think about it, if your locked in a mortal combat tournament, wouldnt you use sex appeal to your advantage as a woman?

Top Bottom