• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What if only Black People Could Get Superpowers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A young black person gets shot by police. This time, he gets up, discovering that he’s more powerful than he ever could have imagined.

Created by Kwanza Osajyefo, Tim Smith 3, Jamal Igle, and Khary Randolph, BLACK—which took Kickstarter by storm earlier this year, and is now being published by Black Mask Studios—follows Kareem Jenkins, a young African-American who discovers that he has superpowers—in a world where only black people can get them. We’re excited to bring you this exclusive preview.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/what-if-only-black-people-could-get-superpowers-1782512086

Interesting concept and they have my full support.

Trump gives up on the wall and decides to build these.

latest

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My question would be, well, how black do you need to be?

Slayven

What if only Black People Could Get Superpowers?

The government would give us white women, a medal and tell us to go home

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I know this thread is about a kick starter but to answer the title question genocide would come back in a big way.

I feel like something along the lines of the world of Second Son sould happen. They still manage to put them in jail for the safety of the whites oops I mean normal population.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
There is a One Piece joke on the tip of my tongue, but I'm just gonna stroll on because we already thread where most people didn't know it was a "thing."

I'm actually really excited about this project. Between this, Black Panther, and Sam Wilson, I might never sleep again. #ForeverWoke

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
But seriously...how quick would world wide genocide happen?

You know how Tony starts beating down on Cap near the end of Civil War? That would happen in the opening credits. I doubt there would even be much discussion about it either. People would be snatched up within minutes.

LionPride

Banned
Can anyone post the pic of the nigga who was so dark that he looked blue?

He would have the best powers based on skin tone

Slayven

Darwin442.jpg

Darwin who is half black and half latino. His power is to be able to adapt and survive any situation.

So when he is around white people he turns into an albino

darwin-7.jpg

Just for sake of discussion, any subset of people with powers will likely be a huge issue for the world as a whole. Everyone's human, so there will be people abusing it for their gain just so they can. If someone nasty had the power to exert their prejudices, they probably will. If you give any group of people superpowers, I don't expect them to be more virtuous than the other.

Regulation would be a huge issue at will for some crazy powers. If some baby had the powers to blow things up, normal people can't keep that in check. How would a mother be able to handle a ticking time bomb for example and not having something happen at childbirth. If a teacher was unaware, how would they reel in a troublemaker who has potential to harm their peers on a whim.

Back to the topic, this sounds cool, I need to remind myself to check it out.

this_guy

Are we talking Spiderman type powers or peak human like Daredevil? Because if we're talking peak human, and you look at pro sports, well.....

Matty77

As a comic that sounds interesting.

As a real world concept powers but only for (blank) people of any kind is terrifying no matter how you look at it.

Apathy

Man the US would make super powers illegal so damn fast. That and those really racist bigots would actually have to treat black people with respect instead of condescension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom