• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What if only Black People Could Get Superpowers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nba and nfl would get a lot more interesting. Mj's mr fantastic dunk from space jam might actually be possible! But seriously, i dont think it would be any different than if all white people or all hispanic people got powers. Some would use it for good while others may be evil. Racist police officers might think twice now before commiting a hate crime.

image.php

Platy

It is interesting to INCREASE the prejudice ... but I never understood the NEED to make metaphors about prejudice ALWAYS be with something UNDERSTANDABLE to be prejudiced of.

Having fear that every black dude will steal you makes no sense .... but being afraid a super powered dude kills you makes a LOT of sense

Geist-

It is interesting to INCREASE the prejudice ... but I never understood the NEED to make metaphors about prejudice ALWAYS be with something UNDERSTANDABLE to be prejudiced of.

Having fear that every black dude will steal you makes no sense .... but being afraid a super powered dude kills you makes a LOT of sense

It's the same problem with X-Men. It's trying to be an analogy for prejudice and bigotry, but seriously, when you have someone as powerful as Magneto leading a group of superpowered terrorists, is it really that hard to understand why the government started making sentinels?

gblues

Banned
Yikes OK I blew that one. I made a connection to one aspect of MN (the "black people have mystical powers" stereotype) and posted the link without reading it to make sure the whole idea applied. I apologize.

I went and read up on the KS and the concept looks interesting, and the teaser in the OP looks really good!

Kenstar said:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ElectricBlackGuy

Thanks for that link! Now I understand the joke in the panel Permanently A posted. I'm not super-big into comics so I didn't even know that was a thing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Are we talking Spiderman type powers or peak human like Daredevil? Because if we're talking peak human, and you look at pro sports, well.....

Daredevil has powers you know

eizarus

Banned
Love the concept of this. Hope it turns out well. A lot of people drawing comparison with X-Men, but as someone pointed out, X-Men has made shifts from race to LGBT so should be interesting having something that touches on the modern issues with race.

So is it the Rock's black half that makes him the most electrifying man in sports entertainment?
Pretty sure it's his black half that landed him the role of Black Adam in the DCEU.
2478242-black_adam_and_sivana_2.jpg

What would happen in Africa?
Same thing that happened to Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Darwin442.jpg

Darwin who is half black and half latino. His power is to be able to adapt and survive any situation.

So when he is around white people he turns into an albino

darwin-7.jpg

Peter David started to give him depth and then fucked him up so bad with all that Valhalla/magic nonsense......

Slayven

Love the concept of this. Hope it turns out well. A lot of people drawing comparison with X-Men, but as someone pointed out, X-Men has made shifts from race to LGBT so should be interesting having something that touches on the modern issues with race.

Pretty sure it's his black half that landed him the role of Black Adam in the DCEU.
2478242-black_adam_and_sivana_2.jpg

Same thing that happened to Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Black Adam is Middle Eastern, well he was born in what would become the middle east.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom