• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What phone do you have and do you have screen damage?

Is your screen cracked?

• Yes

Votes: 16 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 89 84.8%

• Total voters
The back of my Galaxy S8 (wich is made of glass) is cracked. The phone is fine. I'll wait for the S10 next year.

I've been buying galaxies since the S2. Had accidents with all of them, But the S8 was the first one to crack.

Last edited:

NahaNago

So I have a galaxy s8 and usually have a screen protector. Sod's law that I haven't had one as I wait for a replacement. Drop it once and now have a crack on the bottom right.

Phones are too fragile! Have you got a cracked screen?

I have the same exact issue on the same exact model of phone but do have a cover for scratches. No idea when I'll upgrade.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
I use a Moto something or other. Not cracked, but there's a couple of minor scratches on it. I could get a fancier phone but in truth, I just don't use it for all that much (I have a Nexus tablet for podcasts etc).

iPhone 7 with a tempered glass protector and no damage. Case is a bit scuffed up. My coworkers amaze me with how often they crack their screens. Some of em give me the "you'll understand when you have kids" line but I'm pretty sure it's just good old neglect, and by neglect I mean repeatedly dropping one's phone onto the cement.

TheSweeper

Huawei P20 atm. Before I had iPhones, Sony Ericsson, a P10. Never had a cracked screen on a phone ever. I use a case, no screen protection.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
iPhone X 64gb, and no, not damaged, though I did manage to drop my last iPhone face down and smash the screen. First and only time I’ve ever done it.

iPhone 8+ Red Product edition in perfect condition. I finally upgraded after I cracked my iPhone 6, but that was after 3 solid years of use, more drops than I can count, no screen protector and just a bumper case. I still have my iPhone 5 too, which I used when the 6 was cracked, and also swapped that out to the kids whenever they messed up their phones. That iPhone 5 was and still is a tank.

Skyr

A few months ago I managed to shatter the screen of my S7 dropping it from chest hight. But I take this completely on me as I dropped the phone a lot of times before which resulted in a few small cracks. I also treated it generally like a piece of trash.

Now I'm on a Iphone SE which still looks like new, but I guess it's just a matter of time.

Whitecrow

Banned
Samsung S7. Lasted a couple of years and some drops without a scratch. But now I have some scratches after just one single drop.

Ownage

Still using the Nexus 6P. Until a few months ago, the phone was rock solid. Recently, the software is becoming slower and confused when running certain processes. It's beginning to show its age, but most days still runs like a champ.

For amusement, I've looked around to see what I could potentially replace this with, and have found nothing which fills all of this space:

stereo speakers
extremely high ppi
huge screen
stock Droid
headphone jack
huge battery
good camera

Last edited:

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Sony XA2, factory unlocked with AOSP 8, as clean as day 1. I never put any cases or screen protectors on my phones, what do you people do with your phones that you need all that bloat around them...?

Last edited:

WaterAstro

Sony Xperia Z1

Dropped it several flights of stairs in the movie theatre, dropped it on the street a few times, no screen damage at all.

mcz117chief

I have a locally made phone, you guys would not know the company. They make very sturdy phones which is why I bought it as opposed to some other main-stream phones. I've got it for over a year and no cracks despite it falling on the ground numerous times.

lil puff

Sometimes I see some phones with so much broken glass I wonder how people use them. Screen looks like someone uncrinkled aluminum foil over as a cover.

However 2 weeks ago I slept on my phone (S6) and the back of it cracked a little bit by the camera. Time for replacement anyways.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Have a company iPhone. Every cell phone I;ve ever had from the Nokia brick, to a flip phone to a BB to an iPhone. Never had a broken one, lost one, cracked screen or anything. Only thing is some of them have shit batteries after a few years where it can't hold a charge more than a few days.

Don't understand how some people can break their phone every year.

lachesis

iPhone 7 plus. Have glass screen protector (which broke abut 3 times) - but the original has no damage (or maybe I'm just not seeing it)

It's Jeff

Banned
I've got a small scratch on my Note 9. I've since purchased this armor plating and when I went to look up the brand, I noticed a crack on the camera glass.

Well, that's what the insurance is for I suppose.

I have the Huawei P20. Have a small crack on the bottom right of the screen. It's hardly noticeable and I can't feel it, so it's not getting fixed for now. Great phone!

Mihos

Gold Member
I don't think I have ever had a cracked screen, my S8+ still looks like new with no case.

My 18 year old, he has cracked 2 screens within the first day of getting his last 2 phones

52837086_2600710489944113_1423430338889121792_n.jpg

SpartanN92

Banned
Personal Phone: iPhone X in perfect condition.
Backup personal phone: iPhone 8 in perfect condition.
Work Phone: Galaxy Note 9 in perfect condition.

I handle my phones the same way I would a baby.

Top Bottom