• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you drink with dinner?

Drinky?

• Water

Votes: 81 74.3%
  • Tea

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Soda

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Milk

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Wine

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Beer

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Coffee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 6.4%

• Total voters

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
I had a discussion about the disappearance of milk from US dinner tables yesterday: when did it happen? why did it happen? And is our little sample of the world accurate?
It prompts me to ask: what do you think with dinner? Water? Milk? Coffee? Soda? Wine? Why that? For how long?
I'm typically drinking water at my place with dinner, save for special occasions when I'll crack a beer or open a bottle of wine.
You?

Esca

98% of the time water. It's pretty much all I drink regardless
That 2% left is for milk and the very rare soda here and there

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Just like you, most of the time it's water.

When I go out for dinner or decide to cook something special I will order a beer or make myself a fancy drink.

killatopak

Really depends on the food and how hot the room is.

Usually water. Ice cold lemon water if it’s hot. Soda if I’m damn hungry AND the food goes well with it. Like burger goes well with soda for me.

Last edited:

Trunx81

I had a discussion about the disappearance of milk from US dinner tables yesterday: when did it happen? why did it happen? And is our little sample of the world accurate?
It prompts me to ask: what do you think with dinner? Water? Milk? Coffee? Soda? Wine? Why that? For how long?
I'm typically drinking water at my place with dinner, save for special occasions when I'll crack a beer or open a bottle of wine.
You?
Whatever my co-workers left in the fridge.

thefool

I drink every meal with water outside of the occasional can of coke zero (once a week, very rarely twice).

Last edited:

Trunx81

You drink pussy juice?
Wait. You don’t?
Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

Milk seems more like a breakfast drink to me.

With dinner I just want something neutral. Water works best. Sometimes I'll have soda.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Usually just water. Maybe a beer if we’re out but I’ve cut back on all forms of alcohol, except definitely sake with a beer if we’re at a sushi place.

Embearded

Water for the last 4 months.
i used to drink a lot of coke zero, but i messed my stomach and now i am avoiding soda and alcohol.

Rival

Gold Member
Most of the time water. Milk gives me the poops. I can’t eat very much if I’m drinking alcohol I get full so fast.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
It depends. I can't drink water with pizza for example. Get the fuck outta here with that. Give me a soda. More normal meals will be water though. Sometimes juice.

Lunarorbit

Water or milk occasionally. You're definitely right cause I used to drink way more milk than I do now. My wife, (borat), drinks milk alot at dinner

Depends on the meal, I like to match what I'm drinking with my dinner e.g. red wine with steak, no sugar coke with fatty foods, water with the basics etc.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Water - I prefer carbonated water, but ice water is what I have. I will have a beer if I’m dining out, but not all the time.

NikuNashi

If I'm home I don't drink at the same time as eating. However in mornings I drink black coffee, afternoon and evening sparkling water.

Top Bottom