• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Should Nintendo Call its Switch Successor?

What Should the Unknown Switch Succesor be classed.

• Switch Pro

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • Switch +

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Switch 2

Votes: 91 41.2%
  • Switch Power

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Switch AR or AR Switch or Reality Switch or Switch Reality

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Switch Up

Votes: 9 4.1%
  • Switch Deluxe

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Super Switch

Votes: 73 33.0%
  • Nintendo Next (a whole new name)

Votes: 39 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marvel14

Banned
We don't know when it's coming and we don't know how much it will build on the Switch. But let's assume it does significantly though with some added features (AR is showcased heavily in Super Nintendo World and also features in Mario Kart Circuit so that may point to the direction of travel).

Use the AR options in the poll also as a vote for all name conventions focused on the new unknown hardware gimmick.

What should the Switch successor be called? One vote to choose. Fill the thread with names you prefer that I missed.

Edit: it should say "called" not "classed"...autocorrect kicked my ass...

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Something new. My non-gamer friends thought the Wii U was some kind of addon for the Wii.

Zannegan

Either Switch 2 or something completely different. I actually like the sound of "Nintendo Next" (the NEX?)

Whatever it is, it needs to be clear either by design or by name (but preferrably both) that it's all-new hardware. They don't want another Wii U situation on their hands.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
I have no idea, we are not even sure it will be a "Switch like" hardware...

Of course it will be, they have the handheld market all to themselves, they are not going to compete with Sony and MS in consoles. It's going to be hardware for a tablet, 100% guaranteed.

Caio

Of course it will be, they have the handheld market all to themselves, they are not going to compete with Sony and MS in consoles. It's going to be hardware for a tablet, 100% guaranteed.
It won't be a true Home Console like GameCube was, for sure, but I wouldn't give for guaranteed a Switch 2 either.

Top Bottom