• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Upcoming Remake excites you most?

Which upcoming remake excites you most?

• Dead Space

Votes: 34 23.3%
  • Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • The Last of Us

Votes: 9 6.2%
  • Metal Gear Solid

Votes: 32 21.9%
  • System Shock

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Resident Evil 4

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Other

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Final Fantasy: CHAOS

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Votes: 16 11.0%

• Total voters

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Dragon Quest III HD-2D and I want to be excited for Dead Space because god damn I LOOOVE that game, in fact its only thing I ever liked about EA.......but I dont know I can trust current EA, last game I liked from them was Dead Space 2 and that was 11 years a go.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Was torn between RE4 and Dead Space went with re4 in the end.
Last of us remake makes no sense to me. It already looks great and it's not like there will be any other changes. Waste of time and resources.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Dragon Quest, with System Shock as close second.

I also think that at least three games on that list don't need a remake at all.

Last edited:

TrueLegend

Was torn between RE4 and Dead Space went with re4 in the end.
Last of us remake makes no sense to me. It already looks great and it's not like there will be any other changes. Waste of time and resources.
You cant be sure about that part

Fbh

FF7 remake part 2 :messenger_grinning_sweat:.
I'm not particularly hyped for any of the ones in the poll. Dead Space could be really cool if they take some liberties with it, if it's just the same game with nicer graphics I'm usually not very interested.

Aion002

Bill Hader Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Didn't even know the last of us was getting a remake!
I've still yet to play it. Even tho it's sitting on my shelf as I speak. I do believe thats a sin seeing as how good people say it is.

RE4 is going to be fire but the VR version has made me less excited. It really is the definitive way to play the game regardless of graphics.

So my vote goes to Dead Space

Bombolone

Gold Member
Dead Space announcement surprised me. Never finished the original, so looking forward to it.

I did not know MGS was getting a remake. I would be in heaven if true.

skit_data

Dead Space, easily.
One of the really great new IPs from that gen. Crazy we didn’t even get a remaster for last gen.

Really looking forward to the remake, almost as much as I look forward to The Callisto Protocol.

Zannegan

This is tricky because the ones I love most also have the furthest to fall in their remake.

In optimist mode, I'm excited to see what they can do with KotOR. Most days though, I just try to pretend it doesn't exist until we see some gameplay.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
System Shock because I never played it. Other than that, I don't have any interest in buying games multiple times unless they are really awesome and badly archaic.

I don't know why so many people are going for a Dead Space remaster. I just played the trilogy recently and it holds up really well; I much rather have a new Dead Space.

MiguelItUp

Dead Space and System Shock, as, well, they've been confirmed and we've seen them, haha. I don't to get excited about ones we've heard about until we see them ourselves.

Star-Lord

It was a close call between Dead Space and Resident Evil 4, but RE4 is in my top five games of all time so that took the vote. I just hope it’s a remake on par with Resi 2, and not like Resi 3.

Camreezie

Dead space and resident evil 4 of whats actually been announced . Metal gear solid would be as I've never played it but it's not announced

SJRB

Gold Member
I feel bad for all the people voting MGS thinking there's actually a MGS remake confirmed at any point.

It's not.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
It would have been Knights of the Old Republic, however they hired Sam Mags so...

It was tough, Dead Space or Metal Gear Solid, I went for Metal Gear if only so they could undo the damage of Twin Snakes, plus I played both Dead Space 1 & 2, recently they really hold up well...

Metal Gear with its overhead camera I would love to see reimagined, perhaps without the back flip off a helicopter missile this time though.

Last edited:
I thought knights of the old Republic would be higher. I never played the original but its a game I've heard lots about. If I had a PS5 I'd get it.

For me it's dead space... I really enjoyed that series.... Including the 3rd.

Next would be metal gear.

When Prince of persia was announced, I was mega excited. Then I saw the trailer and the developer. No thanks

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
System Shock, the original is a quaint relic at this point and it's one of the few games that could actually benefit from a real remake.

Aside from that, RE:CV in the style of the 2 / 3 remakes would be awesome. 4 barely needs a remake, it still plays just fine.

Top Bottom