• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was the last game you recommended to a friend?

Aion002

Genshin Impact on ps4.

This friend loves exploring and collecting stuff... He got hooked and is ignoring the gacha mechanics, since he doesn't care about it. He told me that he loves the graphics, battle system and world of the game.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
Bloodborne. My friend still only has a PS3 and he has played countless of hours of Demon's Souls,Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2.
And now he's finally going to buy a PS4 for the first time (he's not interested in current gen yet).

YukiOnna

I recommended the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV has a free trial, and includes the entirety of A Realm Reborn AND the Heavensward expansion up to level 60 with no restrictions on playtime.

They're addicted to it now.

Bloodborne. My friend still only has a PS3 and he has played countless of hours of Demon's Souls,Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2.
And now he's finally going to buy a PS4 for the first time (he's not interested in current gen yet).
The "new" or old ones ? (I love all the 3 games)

Edit: Maaaaan i swear i read Bloodrayne LMAO.
Im sorry, ignore this post lol

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not a game for everyone, but The Touryst is a game with slick minecrafty visuals.

The outside map is really eyepopping and easy to play. Youd think it's meant for kids playing Lego games at first. But make note once you get to maybe dungeon/ruin #4 and on (I think there's 8), it gets really stupid at the twitchy platforming skills you need. The worst is the rotating glowing balls sections. Not impossible. My nerd reflexes arent what they used to be and I did them and finished the game, but took lots of trial and error some parts. Rappelling down mine shafts was another twitchy part.

It's like two teams made the game. One did the easy going outside map, one did the controller throwing dungeons.

I think it's still on Gamepass. Also it should be a cheap game to buy.

Last edited:
capsule_616x353.jpg

Ion Fury to someone who bought a PC after having no PC for quite some time... and the console version is unplayable shit

I tried playing this streaming to my TV from my PC just a few weeks ago. Performance was fine, but my god, trying to play it with a controller was driving my fuckin' mad. Definitely a game that should be played with a mouse and keyboard.

Last edited:

Zannegan

For the King

Fantastic coop game. It's the perfect midpoint between a cooperative boardgame and a tabletop RPG.

I keep recommending it, but--aside from the one friend who played through the whole thing with me--no one wants to give it a shot.

Wonko_C

It's always A or B with my friends:

A: They don't bother to try my recommendations, they just say it sucks by looking at trailers, or...

B: They play them for 5 minutes and hate them.

I stopped caring a long time ago. Whenever they recommend me something, I just tell them it sucks to spite them, even if I liked the game.

But yes I recently recommended Star Wars Squadrons, Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown (both free on PS Plus), Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis and no one bothered. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Unk Adams

Banned
It's always A or B with my friends:

A: They don't bother to try my recommendations, they just say it sucks by looking at trailers, or...

B: They play them for 5 minutes and hate them.

I stopped caring a long time ago. Whenever they recommend me something, I just tell them it sucks to spite them, even if I liked the game.

But yes I recently recommended Star Wars Squadrons, Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown (both free on PS Plus), Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis and no one bothered. 🤷‍♂️
Yep, that's always the case. People want to play what they want and if they want to hate something they'll find a reason to hate it no matter what whether they try it or not. I personally find it annoying when people recommend me games or criticize what I play so I can actually understand their perspective.

Those are all quality games, by the way. But I personally know people that would say they suck (without even trying them) just to be asses or ignorant. You could probably even buy them as a gift for someone and they wouldn't even bother playing them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom