• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your best Command & Conquer game?

Apenheul

The origional C&C was the best version imo. I never liked Red Alert, never played RA2 because of the disappointment though. Oh and Tiberian Sun had too many units.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Red Alert 2! Yesssssss!

I love C&C, it's the best RTS series.

Bregor

I actually prefer the original Red Alert to the second one - if only it had construction queues it would be perfect.

Bregor said:
I actually prefer the original Red Alert to the second one - if only it had construction queues it would be perfect.

thats one of the reasons that made RA2 better than RA.

RA wasn't balanced as much as RA2.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I loved the original actually. RA is 2nd. After that, it just got too complicated, IMO.

Fragamemnon said:
I didn't play Generals, though.

Don't ever. Please.

It is the only C&C game I have ever played and it was crappy. :( Everything about the game was crap, especially the voices.

Maybe I should buy that pack with many C&C games in it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
B0006FZUH2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Yea I know its not real C&C, but it sure plays like C&C back when the series was still fun.

ocelittle

Banned
I loooooved the first RA.

I didn't like the original C&C because there was no skirmish. And that's my favorite mode on the C&C games.

RA2 was pretty good, too...but I never got into it like I did with the first.

Mashing

Red Alert two. I thought Tiberion Sun sucked. Plus I liked the US vs Soviets more than the made up factions in the other C&C games.

Total Annihilation = RA2 in my book though, and greater than all the other C&C games.

Wollan

I've actually guarded the killer dolphins when I was in the army.
They find mines much better than any current radar and they kill you with just one hit with the nose. When they train attacking, they fit the nose of the Dolphin with some sort of "boxing glove" and the trainer in the water is strapped with this insanely thick suit. The dolphin hit the guy floating in the water so hard he flew several feet over water!
Basically, these dolphins swim around the navy vessels were the trainer is and guard it. No way a man can get on the boat by swiming.
Here's a image:

Dolphin.jpg

Danj

Schafer said:
(Act of War boxart image)

Yea I know its not real C&C, but it sure plays like C&C back when the series was still fun.

I tried the demo of that thing and had all sorts of problems with it, is the full game any better? I quite like RTS games and it's been a while since a decent one came out for the PC.

Firest0rm

The best C&C ever, is C&C. The real C&C, the first one. RA wasn't as good as C&C. C&C:TS was great though. I want more in the GDI vs NOD story.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Danj said:
I tried the demo of that thing and had all sorts of problems with it, is the full game any better? I quite like RTS games and it's been a while since a decent one came out for the PC.

If your talking technical problems, I haven't encountered any. They have patched it I think 3 times so far, so I assume they ironed out any bugs in there. Its a really fun game though, I quite like it, especially their implementation of urban combat.

Top Bottom