• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where may one find out the potential dates for Sony's next major event? (Updated Poll)

when???

• Total voters

H . R . 2

playstation_sjefsynes859_3311643b.jpg

multiple sources suggested that we would get one by now or at the very least an announcement would be made!
It feels like it's been years since the last one
I, for one, am getting tired of this paucity of information on what I can expect from Sony next year

When is it going to be???

Last edited:

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'd like it to be this side of Christmas, but in reality they are going to sell all their consoles anyway, so they may as well wait until next year. So the answer is probably, when Xbox start showing games that are likely to release in 2023.

They're great at what they're doing. You got people chomping at the bit to see their show. You had people going crazy for the God of War Ragnarok release date. You have people arguing about at what price point they want to give you money for your TLOU Part 1 product. It's one hell of a position to be in for a company. Especially with some companies slumping in sales.

If their biggest issue is everyone wanting more and deciding at what price point to throw you money, geez! . . . must be nice.

Last edited:

Pedro Motta

playstation_sjefsynes859_3311643b.jpg

multiple sources suggested that we would get one by now or at the very least an announcement would be made!
It feels like it's been years since the last one
I, for one, am getting tired of this paucity of information on what I can expect from Sony next year

When is it going to be???

NO NEED TO SHOUT MAN WE CAN HEAR YOU!

H . R . 2

They're great at what they're doing. You got people chomping at the bit to see their show. You had people going crazy for the God of War Ragnarok release date. You have people arguing about at what price point they want to give you money for your TLOU Part 1 product. It's one hell of a position to be in for a company. Especially with some companies slumping in sales.

If their biggest issue is everyone wanting more and deciding at what price point to throw you money, geez! . . . must be nice.
you can only drag things for too long before people lose patience or interest
people are gonna have to make decisions

NO NEED TO SHOUT MAN WE CAN HEAR YOU!
sorry I thought I was alone :D

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

I love quotes like these. Like it'll make the slightest bit of different on you buying their shit when it comes out.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Speshal_Nick will soon say it’s been pushed to October, then that same day Sony will announce it for the end of Sept.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I mean I paid $700+ Canadian for a PS5 (and then they raised the price), I kind of want to get excited about wtf ill be playing on it in the near future.

It's called God of War: Ragnarok and it's out in about two months.

Stop listening to "sources" because at this point they're only throwing shit to the wall for social engagements.

This.

I'm still hoping there is a showcase this month, but if not this month then they might hold off until November or sometime in December, when normally the PlayStation Experience would be. Only issue with that is, the TGAs are in December and if Sony wants to throw Geoff more bones then they may not have too much for their own Showcase.

It feels like Sony's letting 3P partners just do their own thing with their own games this year and anything that happens to be PS-exclusive will be announced alongside them. That's basically what Square-Enix's been doing, for example. It's a much more decentralized approach and I'd still prefer it when the whole industry converged together at E3, but it is what it is. I just hope GOW Ragnarok gets a real gameplay showcase closer to launch, not these Tiktok-friendly minute-long snippets.

skit_data

It’s always announcee a week later than the date everyone supposedly heard of being the date so it’s probably announced sometime next week and will air the week after

Hard to have a showcase when the closest AAA game (SpiderMan 2) you have to release after GOW Ragnarok doesn't come out until Holiday 2023 (if no delays happen). I don't think a 10-minute gameplay demo for a game releasing in less than 2 month warrants an entire show.

Arun1910

Late September. I'm looking forward to seeing Spider-Man 2. That's coming out late 2023 and the first showcase for the first game was more than a year before release.

AV

Ragnorak is available on PS4. He didnt need to buy a $500 console to play it.

He did buy it though, and he'll buy God of War for it. That's my point. These shows are cool and all, but at the end of the day, they have your money and they will take more of it whether the show comes out in September or 2023.

After that. Theres something called a roadmap. Companies do it all the time.

Getting sick of yall caping for these big ass companies lmao

It'll happen when it happens and you'll either buy the product or you won't at the end of it, getting impatient about it makes no difference.

Incidentally I ain't "caping" for shit and strongly recommend you do NOT buy their $70 remaster of a remaster. But you probably will, and that kinda underpins what I'm saying.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
To me this is why cancelling E3 shows was simply unacceptable. It allowed Sony to skip shows where they were EXPECTED to show up every year. A show that is essentially designed convince PS5 owners who invested $500 in their eco system to stay in the eco system. It's almost like a shareholder investor call. They are required to show up to justify your investment you made for the next 6-7 years. They are no longer doing that.

And when they do, they jerk us around month after month instead of simply setting an exact date and time so we arent sitting here holding our dicks wondering just when the fuck they will tell us what first party next gen games are coming in 2023 and beyond. Right now, its literally just two. Spiderman and Wolverine and we havent seen any gameplay for them.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
A show that is essentially designed convince PS5 owners who invested $500 in their eco system to stay in the eco system. It's almost like a shareholder investor call.
People complain about shit like games being made for investors only yet talk like this, what the heck
Stuff like this is exactly why I'm so against games getting more expensive and why I hate 60/70 dollar games and console prices jumping. When you spend so much money you start thinking of a simple entertainment medium like it's the goddamn stock market.

Top Bottom