• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where may one find out the potential dates for Sony's next major event? (Updated Poll)

when???

• Total voters
CW7mZOi.png

How presumptuous of me.
He seems to hate Zelda and prompt was which would you choose if you had to pick.

Quite the opposite.

1. That E3 one was a massive power and strategic move. Sony showcases get more than 20-30 million views, and where is E3 now?
2. We have had full clarity of the lineup. Sony announced 11 first-party games during their initial showcases, and they have released 10 of those games. GOW Ragnarok is releasing in two months.
3. Now that they have completed that launch phase, they will hold another Showcase and announce and show the games for their mid-gen phase that will be released soon.

This is much better than announcing first-party games in advance and then not releasing those games for years.
1. Sony bailed from E3 in 2019. The two subsequent years, 2020 and 2021, were obviously outlier years as COVID prevented any physical presence or event to materialize and everyone was forced to hold digital showcases. Without that physical presence, it makes complete sense why some other publishers "skipped" E3. A digital showcase allows them to reveal their projects before or after the competition, though they all generally take place in the Summer.

2. GoW Ragnarok, Gran Turismo 7, and SpiderMan 2 were announced in 2020, so that trows your point #3 about not showing games far in advance out the window.

3. Are you saying Sony should only have a big showcase every 2 or 3 years? I don't think fans have the patience for that type of schedule as is evident by threads like this one.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
He seems to hate Zelda and prompt was which would you choose if you had to pick.

Oog5xKz.png

Just stop. I've seen the guy posting about being hype for God of War, I don't need to presume anything.

Crayon

These shows usually have a few little highlights. And it's all info that's going to be known before new thing comes out anyhow. People get all antsy for them tho.

What a shit year for gaming. I've done nothing but replay more than to play good stuff. We got like what ER, HFW and God of War soon. That is it. Callisto most likely getting delayed so whatever on that.

Jokes aside it's long overdue, could happen any day now. Overall it's been a great year for PlayStation fans though, can't really complain, Sony just needs to give the faithful something big to celebrate, I've felt that missing in 2022.
HYGnfSo.jpg

bitbydeath

Gold Member
When Sony dropped out of E3 and most other industry gaming events a few years ago, a lot of the PlayStation faithful here saw it as a power move, a statement to the rest of the big publishers that "Our games don't need to share a stage with anyone else". Now, all that's come from this decision is that PlayStation owners are more often than not left scratching their heads trying to figure out what the actual roadmap for Sony first-party development is, and some very lackluster digital/streamed showcases. What a massive backfire.
Sony had a show in June though, and the consensus was that it was the best one held that month.

kyussman

A guy I bumped into in the street told me they should certainly be doing something in the next six months,but as he was walking away I noticed he was wearing slippers so I'm not so sure now.

It's going to be a new micro-event so that it's easily sharable on Tik-Tok. Rumor is that we're going to get 3 new 10 second clips of God of War.

I'm starting to think that Sony isn't going to do a whole lot to draw attention to themselves until after the results of the Activision acquisition.

To me this is why cancelling E3 shows was simply unacceptable. It allowed Sony to skip shows where they were EXPECTED to show up every year. A show that is essentially designed convince PS5 owners who invested $500 in their eco system to stay in the eco system. It's almost like a shareholder investor call. They are required to show up to justify your investment you made for the next 6-7 years. They are no longer doing that.

And when they do, they jerk us around month after month instead of simply setting an exact date and time so we arent sitting here holding our dicks wondering just when the fuck they will tell us what first party next gen games are coming in 2023 and beyond. Right now, its literally just two. Spiderman and Wolverine and we havent seen any gameplay for them.
It so wild too because when Sony announced they weren’t doing E3 anymore some fans legit rejoiced and started anti E3 campaigns left and right….it’s like, this so clearly was not a positive for consumers lol

but the anti E3 crowd seems to have gotten what they wanted tho, it’s sooooo much better/s

Top Bottom