• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where may one find out the potential dates for Sony's next major event? (Updated Poll)

when???

• Total voters

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
People complain about shit like games being made for investors only yet talk like this, what the heck
Stuff like this is exactly why I'm so against games getting more expensive and why I hate 60/70 dollar games and console prices jumping. When you spend so much money you start thinking of a simple entertainment medium like it's the goddamn stock market.
Ummm no. Its always Been like this since the day the first console without pre stored games was introduced. Consoles have literally been an investment that pays off not at launch but over the course of an entire gen.

Rippa

First off; WHY ARE WE YELLING?!

Sheesh, generation
SENSI-ZOOM really needs to take a chill pill.

SONY will show when they feel the
NEED to and not a second sooner. And definitely not because YOU say so. If you no like, BUH-BYE.

0HlUneN.gif

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Consoles have literally been an investment that pays off not at launch but over the course of an entire gen.
They're video games, not stocks. Only reason you call them investments is because theyve become so expensive. Is a plate an investment I make because later down the line I'm gonna put food on it? Dear god....

Last edited:
Hard to have a showcase when the closest AAA game (SpiderMan 2) you have to release after GOW Ragnarok doesn't come out until Holiday 2023 (if no delays happen). I don't think a 10-minute gameplay demo for a game releasing in less than 2 month warrants an entire show.
Do you have the release plan of Sony for 2023, can you maybe share it with us that are not in the know?

rofif

Banned
This is absolute best example I’ve seen of a first world problem. Get a grip man ffs.
Just because man don't go screaming about his problems online, doesn't meant anything.
And even if he is perfectly happy, then what?
His opinion doesn't matter? He is supposed top break his leg and then talk to you?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is absolute best example I’ve seen of a first world problem. Get a grip man ffs.
Nah, your post is. You are literally on a video game message board posting about someone else's problems which you've deemed unworthy of complaint. Who is worse? The guy with the first world problems or the guy whose only problem is getting tirggered by people with first world problems?

Elios83

You should ask Roberto Serrano, Tidux, the guy from Xbox Era and their friends :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: 👀

Seriously they'll do it when they're ready.
Many studios are developing a lot of stuff.
At some point they'll have to introduce the 2023-2024 games like they did with the 2021-2022 games in 2020, even in the short term there are many unannounced PSVR2 games and that's a early 2023 launch.
It's just that they give very little notice these days so things are announced suddenly.

When Sony dropped out of E3 and most other industry gaming events a few years ago, a lot of the PlayStation faithful here saw it as a power move, a statement to the rest of the big publishers that "Our games don't need to share a stage with anyone else". Now, all that's come from this decision is that PlayStation owners are more often than not left scratching their heads trying to figure out what the actual roadmap for Sony first-party development is, and some very lackluster digital/streamed showcases. What a massive backfire.

Topher

Gold Member
When Sony dropped out of E3 and most other industry gaming events a few years ago, a lot of the PlayStation faithful here saw it as a power move, a statement to the rest of the big publishers that "Our games don't need to share a stage with anyone else". Now, all that's come from this decision is that PlayStation owners are more often than not left scratching their heads trying to figure out what the actual roadmap for Sony first-party development is, and some very lackluster digital/streamed showcases. What a massive backfire.

How is it a "massive backfire" when E3 has not even been a thing the last two years?

H . R . 2

this is a gaming forum
we are not here to discuss politics, deforestation, etc.
hell this is the only place we don't have to
this is the escapist's forum
people have enough problems already
let them be

agreed. now everyone has their own "showcases" that we have to be excited about. I have been Sony's fervent supporter but it's true they single-handedly killed E3

Elios83

Everyone has moved on from E3 at this point.
Most publishers are making their own events, see EA, Ubisoft and more.
Publishers want to be able to decide when they're ready instead of paying millions to be forced to attend a show with a bunch of nothing just to say they're there.
So not only the decision didn't backfire looking at the views their shows get but they set the trend.

Last edited:
How is it a "massive backfire" when E3 has not even been a thing the last two years?
Physical E3 obviously has not been a thing because COVID happened, but a good amount of publishers still showcase their games and a future roadmap of content in June. Some others like EA have also skipped formal E3 showcases, but they still do their events in the summer months. By the way, E3 is coming back as a proper physical event next year.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Quite the opposite.

1. That E3 one was a massive power and strategic move. Sony showcases get more than 20-30 million views, and where is E3 now?
2. We have had full clarity of the lineup. Sony announced 11 first-party games during their initial showcases, and they have released 10 of those games. GOW Ragnarok is releasing in two months.
3. Now that they have completed that launch phase, they will hold another Showcase and announce and show the games for their mid-gen phase that will be released soon.

This is much better than announcing first-party games in advance and then not releasing those games for years.

why did you put it in quotes as though sony actually said that? its pure nonsense. when sony did a showcase last year, it was mainly filled with 3rd party stuff with only 10 minutes of 1st party. sony did a state of play earlier this year for 3rd party content. stop making shit up.

He did buy it though, and he'll buy God of War for it. That's my point. These shows are cool and all, but at the end of the day, they have your money and they will take more of it whether the show comes out in September or 2023.
So presumptuous. GOW will sell well but I mean people can and will skip it. I'm skipping it, my buddy in real life is skipping it, this poster disappointed with next gen turn out may very well skip it. A lot of people on this board seem very unenthused and I'd wager a decent portion will skip it.

why did you put it in quotes as though sony actually said that? its pure nonsense. when sony did a showcase last year, it was mainly filled with 3rd party stuff with only 10 minutes of 1st party. sony did a state of play earlier this year for 3rd party content. stop making shit up.
The general consensus around these parts is that the quoted parts is the reason why Sony did what they did regarding E3.

Topher

Gold Member
Physical E3 obviously has not been a thing because COVID happened, but a good amount of publishers still showcase their games and a future roadmap of content in June. Some others like EA have also skipped formal E3 showcases, but they still do their events in the summer months. By the way, E3 is coming back as a proper physical event next year.

And Sony has had streamed events every year. I'll agree that Sony should give more advance notice for their events, but saying skipping E3 was a "massive backfire" is a bit much.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
So presumptuous. GOW will sell well but I mean people can and will skip it. I'm skipping it, my buddy in real life is skipping it, this poster disappointed with next gen turn out may very well skip it. A lot of people on this board seem very unenthused and I'd wager a decent portion will skip it.

CW7mZOi.png

How presumptuous of me.

Top Bottom