• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which discontinued food items do you miss?

SirTerry-T

ghostbusters-crisps.jpg
I see your pathetic The Real Ghostbusters potato snack and raise you one packet of Smiths "Horror Bags"..

fmus16Y.jpg

ssringo

It's not discontinued everywhere but it's not available where I live.

Taco Bell Chili Cheese Burito.

x8IpQLj.png

I used to gorge on those bad boys when I lived in Colorado back in the mid 2000s. Delicious and cheap, just what a broke young man needs to survive!

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I don't remember what it was called but mountain dew sold a lemonade/soda combo in a can a few years back. It was too good. They did re release as more of a soda/lemonade combo recently but it's not nearly as good imo

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
From what I read on the net I think it's still sold regionally in some parts, but I used to drink a lot of Wink. If you never drank it it was a grapefruit pop part of the Cplus line. It disappeared from shelves from my area some time in the 90s.

Reactions: lcd

Dural

Pudding pies and Ecto Cooler are the shit. You can still get pudding pies from off brands, the Casey's and Speedway (gas stations) pies are damn good.

I have three answers, and they're all drinks. They've all had limited revivals in recent years but I sure wish I could buy these whenever I wanted.

Surge
surge-16oz.png

My favorite soda of all time. It's finally come back - but it's always sold out everywhere. My local Burger King has this in their Coke freestyle machine, but it just doesn't taste right. Probably because, you know, Burger King. Also, I'm old now, and my body can't process this stuff like it did when I was in college.

Crystal Pepsi
shutterstock_721834738.jpg

I loved this stuff back in the early 90s, I never understood why they got rid of it. Also had a few short-run revivals, and I was lucky enough to snag a few bottles a couple of years back. Yep, still amazing.

Zima
ci-zima-7f27b04826b9f60d.jpeg

Man, I guess if someone ever builds a time machine I'm going back to the 90s. Zima was my alcoholic beverage of choice back in the day - it had that perfect combination of cheap, tasty, fizzy, and boozy. Also had a short revival a few years back where I picked up a few cases and had a blast of flavor nostalgia while getting wasted.

I guess I'm just a fan of carbonated drinks from the 90s.

Surge was my favorite back in the day!

I had to try Zima when they brought it back a few years ago as I was too young in the 90s. It was alright, for some reason it made me itch around my neck.

It's not discontinued everywhere but it's not available where I live.

Taco Bell Chili Cheese Burito.

x8IpQLj.png

I used to gorge on those bad boys when I lived in Colorado back in the mid 2000s. Delicious and cheap, just what a broke young man needs to survive!

My favorite item from Taco Bell, and what I came here to post. I've found it at random restaurants and there was a database of the different stores that still made it. Wish they'd bring it back nationwide!

Speaking of Taco Bell, they had a deep fried burrito (pretty much a chimichanga) for a limited time in the mid 90s that I loved but can't find any mention of it anywhere online. Anyone else remember it?

Dr. Suchong

these were my favourite crisps. I think they must’ve been discontinued about 20 years ago. I still think about them now and then :messenger_crying:

goldenwonder-hot-ch.jpg

And these pot noodles (especially the Posh ones!) . I think these also changed in ~2003. The posh noodles were limited edition and of course Pot noodles still exist but they have very little taste to them.

varieties-of-pot-noodle-on-display-in-a-glass-case-at-the-factory-AHF27D.jpg

My favourite is chicken and mushroom. I remember you used to get “chunks” of mushroom but now it’s microscopic pieces and the chicken just comes from the powder. The soy sauce packet might as well be a drop of water for all it offers. It’s not even enough to flavour the whole pot! I usually add my own soy sauce. And they have the fucking cheek to charge £1.40 per pot!! Can’t remember how much they were in the 00s but it wasn’t long ago you could get a pot for 70p!!

It’s been a long time since I had a posh noodle but if I remember right the difference was the type of noodle. I’m no noodle expert but compared to the normal pot noodle the posh had a longer and thicker noodle (heh). Also there was much larger pieces of whatever the fuck … mushroom, chilli, etc.
Posh noodles!
God they were soooooo good.

dolfiend

Neo Member
10a1Ws0.png

It was never popular, but it was a nice alternative to the horrible wait time at Popeyes, which was also further away. I liked how crunchy it was and had a nice little kick.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Limited Edition Cheeseburger Doritos were really crazy back in 2010.

It really tasted like cheeseburgers! The mustard and meat with everything.

Crazy chemists 😆

Muffdraul

Really Big Chicken Sandwich, Jack In the Box. I used to get them all the time circa 1995. They weren't around for very long, I don't think. They eventually brought them back a few years ago, but in name only. Insultingly small compared the original. God, that pissed me off.

Patrick S.

Banned
McDonalds discontinued my favorite burger years ago, when I lived in Spain. It was called the Crispy McBacon. I remember I googled it and read the only place where they were still selling them was Malta… but at least they have the Big Tasty Bacon here in Germany, which has the same sauce. I first had one a few months back and immediately I was like WAIT A MINUTE! I know this taste! until it clicked that this was the taste I had been missing for over a decade haha

Oh and we have the McRib :)

Top Bottom