• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who's Your Favorite Star Trek Captain?

Favorite Star Trek captain?

• Kirk

Votes: 31 20.0%
  • Picard

Votes: 88 56.8%
  • Sisko

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • Janeway

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Archer

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Burnham

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Pike

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
Archer - Janeway, but even more insane, and petty. Low-point is visiting an alien world, bringing his beagle with him, and later going on a rant to a crew member about how rude the aliens were for being upset that his dog fucking peed on their sacred trees. All episode long he's resistant to asking them for any help too because they're definitely the assholes. Also racist against Vulcans.
That's nothing in compared to when Archer stole warp coils from some aliens and said it'll just take them a little longer to get home. He just doesn't give a shit but that's kind of why I like him. Lol.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Picard is gonna win
Picard Role Model GIF by Star Trek

DS9 is my favorite Trek and Sisko is my captain.
If I could recreate a star trek show in a simulation, holodeck style, it would be DS9.
You know, I think when it comes to overall cast, Deep Space Nine has the very best. They have a truly diverse cast of characters. At least half of the cast is alien and on top of that they're diverse and not just their gender or race but ideology as well.

When we hear diversity today, it's obviously never about values or beliefs. Because we don't want diverse thoughts. But Star Trek Deep Space Nine actually went that route and didn't make anyone look like a villain for thinking differently.

It was truly a great show. I still have yet to see many of the episodes but fortunately I've been binging it lately.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Currently?

Strange New Worlds Pike but generally Sisko. Picard was my favorite until I got around to watching DS9.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Why so many Picard, you all wanted a square dad as starship captain?
Given how INSANELY deadly the Star Trek universe, as experienced by the Enterprise crew with enemies, fatal accidents and malfunctions, routine natural disasters, and malicious godlike beings galore......YES, the 'square dad' keeping you safe is exactly what I want :p

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Given how INSANELY deadly the Star Trek universe, as experienced by the Enterprise crew with enemies, fatal accidents and malfunctions, routine natural disasters, and malicious godlike beings galore......YES, the 'square dad' keeping you safe is exactly what I want :p

I suppose, but I choose space danger and bravado for my space opera. I live on the edge. No separating the ship in half here, we all die by trible together.

Last edited:

Melon Husk

Ignoring the "Picard" series, Picard. Strongest actor.
Including all the official "content", Kirk (all actors)....

Last edited:

Humdinger

I gotta vote Kirk, just because he's the classic, and he's such a ham.

Picard is classier, though.

I don't give a crap about any of the others.

Tams

Picard because they got a fucking Shakespearean actor to play a fucking sci-fi starship captain.

It's one of the reasons Gandalf is so great.

Picard because they got a fucking Shakespearean actor to play a fucking sci-fi starship captain.

It's one of the reasons Gandalf is so great.
Patrick Stewart was no stranger to science fiction prior to the Next Generation.

He starred in movie Lifeforce about the space vampires and before that, Dune.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
It's a tough choice but at the end of the day, I think that Sisko was the most nuanced character in the most emotionally impactful series (at least for me). Some of his performances in the show were absolutely fantastic.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Janeway, by far.

She is an awesome woman (kind, smart and generous) & a badass Captain, who is ready to defend tooth and nail her crew and protect other civilizations. Just see the love, respect and trust that devote her crew (Starfleet & the Maquis) towards her

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't mean that she is perfect: she is headstrong, can be bossy & may adopt contradictory attitudes (and unfair towards some people) on occasions but generally, she is a good captain, who does a good work.

Also, Janeway is often put into insanely difficult situations all the time with no easy answer and no backup. Even Sisko in wartime had the whole of Starfleet to call up - so did Kirk.

Also, Janeway is often put into insanely difficult situations all the time with no easy answer and no backup. Even Sisko in wartime had the whole of Starfleet to call up - so did Kirk.
Boo fucking hoo, if she hadn't botched the whole Kazon/Caretaker/Ocampa thing she'd have been home in time for Federation Day. Kirk, Picard, and Sisko all went to the other side of the galaxy, even universe on occasion and made it back without wasting 7 years and violating the Prime Directive so hard that they should be thrown in the brig rather than promoted.

It warms my heart that there's probably a whole 'nother shit-tier below Janeway of incompetent captains that get swallowed up by space anomalies and pooped out in some random corner of the galaxy and never figure out how to get home.

Kenpachii

1) Picard from tng was the highpoint of the series really. Exactly what u want in the position of a starfleet captain. Would work under his rule without a problem
2) Janeway after that, it was basically a budget picard from tng and introduced solid cast. The show was a bit of a mess tho.
3) Kirk after that, space cowboy but still highly intelligent, its probably the best if u grew up with it or are far older, because different times. but current times or the times i grew up it feels dated on every level.
4) Sisco after that. problem with sisco is he just wants to go against the grain even while played well, he always was sitting on a to big of a high horse that felt fake. The story's didn't interest me much and a spacestation stuck on one spot kinda killed of a big part of what star trek was about exploring. Support cast was also weakest to say the least. I can't blame the writers tho, another starship captain after TNG and Janeway would have been doa most likely people probably got burnt out on the concept at that point.

Last edited:
I was always a Kirk guy, I was introduced to the og reruns in the early 80's by my mom.
When TNG premiered I HATED Picard, lil kid me was like, "Who the fuck is this bald old man."
Ol Jean Luc did finally grow on me, but he never hit Kirk levels. I enjoyed Sisko as well, but I can't really speak for the others cause I never really watched their shows.

Janeway without a doubt. Voyager is also the best series.
Voyager has one of my favorite alien villains (Species 8472) but then follow up episodes turns them into boring caricatures that can imitate humans.

I mean these fucking things are from another dimension. Have the writers ever read any HP Lovecraft? Can't they make an extra dimensional alien strange and hard to communicate for once?

Top Bottom