• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are guys so stingy?

Trizten Dareeque said:
You use gender "quips" all the time and no matter how you spin it calling girls bitches, sluts, cum guzzling whores, cock riders, ball lickers, knob slobbers, skanks, skeezers, prostitute, sporting ladies, harlot, fancy woman, lady of pleasure, 17 year old publix grocery bagger, dong eater it's all the same in the end. You took offense to someone making a nonchalant joke about Jews, do you think the girls that read your aforementioned posts don't take offense to your words?

And if they don't more power to them for understanding the context and meaning behind them....no malice = no foul.

No, its not the same. The women to which I have referred to have been SPECIFIC women, not women as a whole. For instance I've probably called dozens of jews "asshole" or "motherfucker" before, but that was in reference to them as individuals, not the entire classification of jews. Same goes for any misogynistic terms I use. I judge everyone on their own merit, not on some stereotypical classification, and when I do use broad terms of judgment it is in reference to behavior (ie "sluts" refers to only sleazy women, not women as an entirety).

I think you're failing to make some critical distinctions here...using judgmental terms about someone doesn't necessarily mean that you're being stereotypical.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Drinky Crow said:
As I understand it, she purportedly fabricated her situation as part of a sociology paper. She says that her intial post was an invented story posted to this forum (as well as a more female-centric one) to gauge gender-specific response to the postulated situation.

Now that's just lame, and it seems to be a pretty common technique for backpedaling when everything crashes around you. "Yeah, I just made that up to gather data for a survey I'm doing."

Top Bottom