• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why are guys so stingy?

etiolate

Banned
I don't even find thongs sexy. Doubt I'm the only one. They wouldn't indicate sex to me, girls seem to just wear them like any other sort of underwear generally.

Thongs are way overrated. Like I said, boy shorts are much hotter on chicks.

J2 Cool

etiolate said:
Thongs are way overrated. Like I said, boy shorts are much hotter on chicks.

oddly enough, iawtp. Variety and unique style is always great. If it's a hot chick, lingerie, shorts, tighty whities, high socks... all look good. The usual Victoria's secret stuff just gets boring sometimes. Not that'd I'd deny it if some girl wants to show me her lingerie. Just that, you can do other stuff too.

etiolate

Banned
Rorschach said:
Fucking hell...if you didn't want a discussion, you shouldn't have used a forum.

Gaming-Age Forums > Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion > Why are guys so stingy?

I recommend Livejournal.

Most of this thread, you make up your own assumptions instead of reading and comprehending posts. It's extremely annoying.

http://www.livejournal.com/~waychel/

And her icon on that messageboard gave me creepy old stalker memories.

J2 Cool

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol *wipes tears* How much is sher going to regret this thread in the future? All over $10 lingerie!

Trizten Dareeque said:
Jesus ned....you of all people getting uptight about that crap? You have to be joking, considering the amount of misogyny you display. How disappointing, I thought i had you pegged as a cool dude.

I am a cool dude. If you're looking for hot dudes you can always put some jews in a furnace DUR HUR!!

See? Not funny, was it? I'm sorry, its one thing to call various women broads or bitches (which I'm guilty of and I assume is the misogyny to which you refer) or various men assholes or bastards, but when you start using ethnic/racial/religious stereotypical quips I get testy. It bothers me even more when they are used in such a non-chalant manner. At least at places like Opa-Ages its understood that the racism is out in the open and unrestrained with no apologies. Here there is an irritating double standard, as I'm sure if he'd implied something about black folks being gorillas or Mexicans being lazy he'd get the boot immediately. Jew quips go unpunished, but we ban a dimwitted girl for being...dimwitted. Go figure.

So yes if it means that I'm not a cool dude because I believe that "If you can justify the chides, you can justify the genocides", then I guess I'm not a cool dude.

i really feel sorry for you having a guy that does not know how to treat you and he obvious does not care about you, if he did then he would have time and money to get you presents and flowers and if he doesnt get the hints that you want him to do stuff with you then he is gay!

i mean come on, he is a guy! guys touch and are always in the mood for love! no matter if the girl is giving him hints that she wants it or not

WTF is wrong with your guy?

i am so ashamed of being a man sometimes, 90 % of guys does not know how to please a woman nor do they know how to take care of one!

guys come one go and take a crash course in how to treat women !

J2 Cool

Hey robert, would you wait a year to do some heavy petting with a girl? I'm pretty sure it was you who said he doesn't go 3 days without a girl coming over to sex you up :lol I think the guy was probably just really irritated, and wanted to reply to "other girl's bf's do this and this" with "other guy's gf's have sex with them".

J2 Cool said:
Hey robert, would you wait a year to do some heavy petting with a girl? I'm pretty sure it was you who said he doesn't go 3 days without a girl coming over to sex you up :lol I think the guy was probably just really irritated, and wanted to reply to "other girl's bf's do this and this" with "other guy's gf's have sex with them".

no i would not wait a year!

but i dont have to, you dont know how girls are around me, it would not take a year for her to have gone all the way with me, i would make her feel safe and secure.

if you know what buttons to push on a girl, she will turn in to a sex monster that cant control herself within a weeks time!

etiolate

Banned
PS: Don't be douchebags and troll her LJ.

And I wouldn't knock a person for sticking by their beliefs and not jumping into bed with someone. I just don't think thats whats up here. Waychel was just a sexual volcano trying to erupt through the confines of this thread. /quoteself

Rorschach

robertsan21 said:
but i dont have to, you dont know how girls are around me, it would not take a year for her to have gone all the way with me, i would make her feel safe and secure.
Well, yeah...

Of course girls feel safe around gay guys.

fart

Savant
you know the more robertsan vocally and voluntarily denies his homosexuality, _without_ any prompting, the more sure i am that he is a fruiter

aku:jiki

Incognito said:
to me, heavy petting = fondling. which after the 3rd week is fuck worthless.
Third week? I will never understand you people on the other side of the pond.

As a swede, I'll say it's worthless after the third hour.

ourumov

Too late to the thread but well...I have never had a GF but the time I was nearest to it I spend money on the girl I was interested in. I bought her a present for his birthday, invited her many times...

I think it's normal to spend money on the person you love...

aku:jiki said:
Third week? I will never understand you people on the other side of the pond.

As a swede, I'll say it's worthless after the third hour.

i agree!

i guess we swedes are more openminded to sex than the rest of the world, i cant understand how people can wait so long before having sex..fine if your a virgin and the guy is a virgin then i undertand but if one of them is not a virgin i cant understand it

personaly i would never go out with a virgin as i think it is wrong that i " a man that would probably leave her after a week or two because she is bad in the sack"

Ned Flanders said:
I am a cool dude. If you're looking for hot dudes you can always put some jews in a furnace DUR HUR!!

See? Not funny, was it? I'm sorry, its one thing to call various women broads or bitches (which I'm guilty of and I assume is the misogyny to which you refer) or various men assholes or bastards, but when you start using ethnic/racial/religious stereotypical quips I get testy. It bothers me even more when they are used in such a non-chalant manner. At least at places like Opa-Ages its understood that the racism is out in the open and unrestrained with no apologies. Here there is an irritating double standard, as I'm sure if he'd implied something about black folks being gorillas or Mexicans being lazy he'd get the boot immediately. Jew quips go unpunished, but we ban a dimwitted girl for being...dimwitted. Go figure.

So yes if it means that I'm not a cool dude because I believe that "If you can justify the chides, you can justify the genocides", then I guess I'm not a cool dude.

Well I don't think he got banned because the joke was lame. Do you really think he had any malice when he typed that out? I don't think so; he even made the lame rimshot after the joke to denote that it was cheese ball. You use gender "quips" all the time and no matter how you spin it calling girls bitches, sluts, cum guzzling whores, cock riders, ball lickers, knob slobbers, skanks, skeezers, prostitute, sporting ladies, harlot, fancy woman, lady of pleasure, 17 year old publix grocery bagger, dong eater it's all the same in the end. You took offense to someone making a nonchalant joke about Jews, do you think the girls that read your aforementioned posts don't take offense to your words?

And if they don't more power to them for understanding the context and meaning behind them....no malice = no foul.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>Some guys like the "hey honey I need a new DVD player" hint<<<

That's not a hint, it's soliciting.
You might as well tell him, "Sucky, sucky. Five dolla."

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Ehhh... banning Waychel on something silly like this ? We should try to understand her point of view at least. She's a conservative girl who does not want to talk too much in detail about her "sex life". Sure it sounded contradicting when she said she has done stuff with her boyfriend, yet she is thinking of "heavy petting" now, after a year of relationship. However, I think she may see it as a hostile move when Mikes pointed out that faulty logic. Can we not just agree that she just said it the wrong way, and you guys are interpreting this too much ?

Waychel is a pretty valuable member to GAF and it is a shame to see her banned.

etiolate

Banned
NetMapel said:
Ehhh... banning Waychel on something silly like this ? We should try to understand her point of view at least. She's a conservative girl who does not want to talk too much in detail about her "sex life". Sure it sounded contradicting when she said she has done stuff with her boyfriend, yet she is thinking of "heavy petting" now, after a year of relationship. However, I think she may see it as a hostile move when Mikes pointed out that faulty logic. Can we not just agree that she just said it the wrong way, and you guys are interpreting this too much ?

She made up the whole thing.

As I understand it, she purportedly fabricated her situation as part of a sociology paper. She says that her intial post was an invented story posted to this forum (as well as a more female-centric one) to gauge gender-specific response to the postulated situation.

However, the good ol' Bishop of Pckham (the internet-savvy brother of the Bishop of Ockham) sez: "bitch got caught lookin' stupid, made up an LJ post to cover her ass."

And how is she valuable? Because she's female? Fuck that noise. You get as good as you give here, and up until this point, I had no idea who she was. I read a few posts from her history, and all I get is a history rife with the sort of superficial pseudo-Libertarian arguments we can get from ANY privileged but insecure white teenager. I ain't gonna miss her, and I suspect that outside of a few "the mods are assholes we wuv you waychel!!!!" posts subsequent to this, she'll be soon forgotten.

Read her LJ, posted earlier in this thread. Conversely, as Teddman suggests, subscribe to that -other- forum, where apparently Waychel herself has made an appearance.

El_Victor

Haven't been on gaf for so long, but it's defiently not Waychel's name I think about when I think about valuable members.

Drinky Crow said:
As I understand it, she purportedly fabricated her situation as part of a sociology paper. She says that her intial post was an invented story posted to this forum (as well as a more female-centric one) to gauge gender-specific response to the postulated situation.

However, the good ol' Bishop of Pckham (the internet-savvy brother of the Bishop of Ockham) sez: "bitch got caught lookin' stupid, made up an LJ post to cover her ass."

And how is she valuable? Because she's female? Fuck that noise. You get as good as you give here, and up until this point, I had no idea who she was. I read a few posts from her history, and all I get is a history rife with the sort of superficial pseudo-Libertarian arguments we can get from ANY privileged but insecure white teenager. I ain't gonna miss her, and I suspect that outside of a few "the mods are assholes we wuv you waychel!!!!" posts subsequent to this, she'll be soon forgotten.

The thing that makes me doubt this fabrication claim is that in an earlier thread (one in which you posted btw) she attacked me for something I wrote about sexuality in an extremely conservative, paranoid and shrill manner, much as she did here, and it seemed completely sincere and Glen Close-ish. At any rate, the conservative, spoiled princess bit doesn't seem to have been any kind of act all this time.

Yeah, her posting history would lead anyone to believe that her intial post in this thread was in earnest. She could very well have concocted up the posited scenario, but there's a significant element of her narrative that is very much the "Waychel" of GAF posting history and her LJ blog.

This is all very Serafitia-lite, although Sera had the balls -- literally or otherwise -- to come out and not further bamboozle the forum with yet another elaborate smokescreen.

The best way to protect your egos, folks, is NOT TO POST AT ALL.

acoustix

J2 Cool said:
oddly enough, iawtp. Variety and unique style is always great. If it's a hot chick, lingerie, shorts, tighty whities, high socks... all look good. The usual Victoria's secret stuff just gets boring sometimes. Not that'd I'd deny it if some girl wants to show me her lingerie. Just that, you can do other stuff too.

Agree 100%

My ex-gf would wear little-kid style Hello Kitty underwear. The text on the front was quite cleaver as you can imagine.

And on the topic at hand...

"Why are guys so stingy?"

CAUSE WERE FUCKING BROKE!

(well I am anyway)

"tighty whities" -- wtf. That would creep me the fuck out. Hell, they creep me out on dudes; seeing them on a chick would send the magic pony scampering southward.

J2 Cool

I guess I was just thinking of this

Sharon_Stone.JPG

and this

alicia2.jpg

But yeah, kiddy underwear is the direction I meant.

Azala

Azih said:
Anyways Azala
THAT'S A COME-ON?

Umm no, it was an example of a direct hint someone might give their SO for gift ideas. I believe there was a comment or two in this thread that some guys appreciate direct asking/hinting over subtle ones. As I was saying, after a year someone should know which approach is the appropriate one for their relationship.

Top Bottom