• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why The witcher 3 is a crap on PS4 Pro ?

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I'm playing TW 3 on the Pro and god there something wrong with it , yes I managed to finish it but the performance is really bad ..

When it comes to frames I think it goes down below 30 sometimes and it broke many times with me suddenly I'm returned to dashboard , weird things happened in terms of textures Too ..

bMV3dMb.jpg

( Errors)

I'm saying this because this is the " PS4 Pro " what the hell is happening here ? And I heard that Xbox version is way better ..

Great game as Witcher 3 deserves better performance quality..

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I think I played 10 hours of it and it didn't crash for me.

With all things being the same, I'd say the PS4's slighltly lower clock speeds must be the culprit, split across many different platforms and prioritizing making new content(at the time). It runs great on the Xbone X and super super great on PC. That's the only thing I could speculate. I've played it through 3 times on PC and about half way through on the One X without any issues.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Game wasn't made to run well on PS4's or base Xbox which is why the frame rate isn't good. XBX is the "best" version if you're playing it on console but still runs horrible when compared to PC.

In terms of crashing, I played 150 hours of it and never had one.

Grinchy

Banned
I see a lot of talk like this on Reddit. I almost grabbed that $15 complete edition after loving the show, but maybe I dont wanna bother with it on PS4.

EDMIX

I played Witcher 3 when it first released launch day on OG PS4 and it had lots of issues, I recently tried it after getting a PS4 Pro when they did the patch and it had even more issues, so I'm not sure if that was just the Pro Patch having issues or something else.

Also I'm pretty sure they even patched that issue long ago, but it wouldn't shock me if it has performance issues even the slightest.

edit. Like many have stated, I've actually had it crash a few times after that pro update, but that was a while ago. I don't know of todays current status of the game and I might play a few missions on my Pro to see if those issues still exist.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I've had quite a few crashes as well actually on the PS4 pro. Very frustrating, but it doesn't sound like it's a widespread problem 🤔

Agreed. It has happened to me too a few times, but that was also when the Pro patch first came out. So I'm not sure if it just has a few issues and not widespread or if its OPs PS4 Pro in general.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I played Witcher 3 when it first released launch day on OG PS4 and it had lots of issues, I recently tried it after getting a PS4 Pro when they did the patch and it had even more issues, so I'm not sure if that was just the Pro Patch having issues or something else.

Also I'm pretty sure they even patched that issue long ago, but it wouldn't shock me if it has performance issues even the slightest.

edit. Like many have stated, I've actually had it crash a few times after that pro update, but that was a while ago. I don't know of todays current status of the game and I might play a few missions on my Pro to see if those issues still exist.

Today it happened to me ( I mean kicking me out of the game ) .. also sometimes frames go too low that my head hurts

Shmunter

Finished it on pro without issue. Frame rate was only impacted in the swamp from memory.

But it’s been patched since then and they may have broken it.

I'm replaying it on my PS4 right now and I've not run into any problems, unless you count the occasional dipping below 30FPS a huge problem, if so then why the hell are you playing on console?
This game should be played at 60fps at an absolute minimum too.
BS, it plays fine at 30 and it doesn't affect the game's responsivness in any way, this a single player RPG not a competitive shooter or fighting game.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Played it on X1X and PS4 Pro. Never had any issue on both versions

Do you have it installed in the internal storage, external hard drive or SSD?

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Looks like there’s a problem with the system itself man. Did you face any other problems with other games? Because it also can be an error that happened while installing the game

I don't think so .. only the witcher 3 and I got the goty edition , you see everything is great I don't know why some think I'm lying or hating on the game .. i played many rpg games and all was smooth but the witcher 3 on ps4 pro for me it didn't..

Mista

Banned
I don't think so .. only the witcher 3 and I got the goty edition , you see everything is great I don't know why some think I'm lying or hating on the game .. i played many rpg games and all was smooth but the witcher 3 on ps4 pro for me it didn't..
You’re not lying when you have provided a picture in OP and since it’s in Arabic I can read it

Anyways, a CE-34878-0 fix is usually just a restart but looks like it’s not working this time. Back up your save data and reinstall the game

Edit: And try this too: Settings >> initialisation >> initialise PS4

Last edited:

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
You’re not lying when you have provided a picture in OP and since it’s in Arabic I can read it

Anyways, a CE-34878-0 fix is usually just a restart but looks like it’s not working this time. Back up your save data and reinstall the game

Edit: And try this too: Settings >> initialisation >> initialise PS4

Thanks man ..
I will try it out once I get home

Romulus

BS, it plays fine at 30 and it doesn't affect the game's responsivness in any way, this a single player RPG not a competitive shooter or fighting game.

Have you actually tried it at 60+fps though? People also say racing should always be 60fps, others disagree. There's no rule on what should be 60fps or not. The Witcher 3 has plenty of timing in combat, to point were switching back to 30fps felt like complete ass. It made the game garbage for me and I'm not even a framerate guy.

Have you actually tried it at 60+fps though? People also say racing should always be 60fps, others disagree. There's no rule on what should be 60fps or not. The Witcher 3 has plenty of timing in combat, to point were switching back to 30fps felt like complete ass. It made the game garbage for me and I'm not even a framerate guy.
You're coming from a PC player POV, 30FPS on PC feels different than it is on console, i'm not a PC player but I've played some games on my laptop (Alan Wake) where 30 doesn't feel right.
As i said before i'm playing the game on NG+ "Blood and Broken Bones" difficulty the one below Death March, and I've no problem dodging and timing my attacks even with enemies who are 10 level beyond me.
I'm not arguing about 30<60, i'm just saying for a 400$ console from 2013 it plays great for the price and specs.
If a game has a solid FPS 90% of the time then it's perfectly playable and can be enjoyed without any problems, hell i didn't even know what the hell frame-rate meant until 2010!

Romulus

You're coming from a PC player POV, 30FPS on PC feels different than it is on console, i'm not a PC player but I've played some games on my laptop (Alan Wake) where 30 doesn't feel right.
As i said before i'm playing the game on NG+ "Blood and Broken Bones" difficulty the one below Death March, and I've no problem dodging and timing my attacks even with enemies who are 10 level beyond me.
I'm not arguing about 30<60, i'm just saying for a 400$ console from 2013 it plays great for the price and specs.
If a game has a solid FPS 90% of the time then it's perfectly playable and can be enjoyed without any problems, hell i didn't even know what the hell frame-rate meant until 2010!

Just saying that switching to 60fps+ felt better than I thought it would. It's not one of the many games I own were 30fps is fine. Surprisingly not.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Most welcome. Let me know how it goes bro

I did back up my data deleted the game and reinstalled it .. played a little everything seemed fine but I'll see then if it's the same or that did solve my problem.. time will tell

I'm playing HOS dlc acutely this is the third time me finishing TW3 .. watching The witcher show made me thirsty for TW3 AGIAN lol

Top Bottom