• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

will Resident Evil 4 be delayed?

king zell

I think so.. when they showed the game at the Capcom private event in March they also stated that they only worked on the new direction for six months

also Ebgames.com changed the release date from 30 November to Feb 2005

last but not least.. Nintendo will never release MP2, Star Fox and Baten Kaitos in the same month along with RE4

but maybe Japan will get a 2004 release since MP2 is not big there and will not be released untill 2005 according to Iwata

Culex

Banned
I hope not. It still is listed for 2004 on the official site.

Also there was another slight update today on the Biohazard 4 site. Some new screenshots not seen before, too.

Ranger X

As long as they don't delay and censore stuff. If they remove my cow killing, i don't buy the game :(

( and i'll have to shotgun a real cow and become a criminal because of them )

Bishman

Why would they delay it? They need this game out THIS year. The new RE movie coming out would help boost the sales of RE4.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Che said:
When is it?
Movie is in september in the states. I almost preordered RE4 today (Ordered Pikmin 2 instead) the guy at EBgames looked up RE4 at a November 2004 date still.

Kudie

Well, if it is delayed a month or two, the positive thing is that it allows us more time to play all the other big games releasing this November.

scola said:
Movie is in september in the states. I almost preordered RE4 today (Ordered Pikmin 2 instead) the guy at EBgames looked up RE4 at a November 2004 date still.
the movie was originally scheduled for september but then they pushed it to october 1st its supposed to stay like that now apparently this is to compete with other horror movies that will be premiering in october

Li Mu Bai

Banned
king zell said:
I think so.. when they showed the game at the Capcom private event in March they also stated that they only worked on the new direction for six months

also Ebgames.com changed the release date from 30 November to Feb 2005

last but not least.. Nintendo will never release MP2, Star Fox and Baten Kaitos in the same month along with RE4

but maybe Japan will get a 2004 release since MP2 is not big there and will not be released untill 2005 according to Iwata

Source KZ? Also MP was completed in basically 5-6 mos. total according to Retro.

silenttwn

They had an engine up of MP at Spaceworld 2001 (including an early on Chozo Ruins) that would evolve into the Metroid Prime that was seen at E3 2002. So, they spent more than 6 months on MP.

Top Bottom