• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Xbox Series X fit in your entertainment centre?

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
maxresdefault.jpg
Just curious if it will fit. Also how do I add a poll?

WEmf6Jk.jpg

qbqeD7E_d.jpg

Last edited:

kingwingin

It will fit on top vertically until I buy a bigger tv then it will hide behind the tv. It can fit in the media device slots but the power button and disc tray will be blocked.

I may just buy a ikea floating shelf and have it sit up high and run cables through the wall. Would be nice if psb was shaped the same so I can balance out the wall

Grinchy

Banned
I kinda like the idea of putting it on the floor like a subwoofer, but I don't know if there's a vent underneath there. It could fit horizontally in my center, but I'd want it vertical.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Sideways easily. But am tempted to stand next to the TV its a sexy bit of kit will decide when I have it in my hands.

Reactions: Isa

dottme

I think the Xbox One X is the limit in height for me.
and even, I would prefer slightly smaller to improve the airflow.

It would actually fit my set up very well. I like the overall look of the console. Gives me 2001: A Space Odyssey vibes. Still not sold on it day 1, but it's not ugly or a problem to house.

Last edited:

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
It wouldn't fit into my current entertainment center, but that wouldn't stop me if I was buying one. If your a fan Of XBOX I can't see how that would be the breaking point.

Arkam

Need exact dimensions and layout of ventilation.... cuz its a no, to maybe with mine. And that is horizontal. Vertical is not happening.

Last edited:
Yes, my entertainment center has two adjustable/removable shelves in the middle bay. Currently my home theater receiver sits on one shelf and the XBox One X on the other. I have DVDs and accessories on the bottom, but they could be moved elsewhere if necessary. I can lower one shelve three pegs and sit it vertically, or two notches and go horizontal with it, with plenty of room to spare. I'd have to experiment with it to see which one suited me the most.

Last edited:
Not vertically, which is a bummer because it’s the only console I’ve seen that looks good in vertical mode.

But maybe I can get it vertical somewhere with a bit of brute force and ignorance 🤔

Either way does not matter, I won’t be sat looking at it all day.

KiteGr

Not a chance...
That beast is huge!
What is this ventilation?
It looks like a factory chimney!
Does it release smoke?

Pantz

Yep, got one of these to the side of my TV/stand:
HYkoamT.jpg

Would fit in the top 2 but will put on top for the most airflow.

Isa

I love the look, and it is also one of the few consoles I've seen that I actually might consider keeping it vertical. I've got plenty of space so that's no issue. I just want it to be well ventilated so whichever position works best will probably be my go to. One thing I like that was mentioned was the noise factor, I really hope they keep it quiet again like the X.

-Arcadia-

Banned
According to those comparisons you posted (Thanks for that, by the way, very illuminating), it should be able to just make it, vertically, which is my preference.

I’m probably just going to create a nice place for it to sit, maybe a dedicated shelf on the wall besides the TV or something. That could look nice if I figure out the wire problem.

Last edited:

Quasicat

Gold Member
It will fit better horizontally, but I love the look of it vertically. I’m debating on setting it on top of my cabinet even if it means raising the mount on my TV up a couple more inches. I hope there is a way to change the green light on the top though. I think blue would look much better.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't matter when I'm not getting it. (unless I can play ALL of the OG Xbox games)

Top Bottom