• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Xbox Series X fit in your entertainment centre?

It would fit if I were to buy it.
I live like an animal with all sorts of things on the floor, so having one more thing wouldn't really impact things much.

Rockondevil

I'd be putting it horizontal regardless so it'll definitely fit. To be honest I may consider standing it beside the switch dock though because it's not like that goes inside the entertainment centre.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
I'd be putting it horizontal regardless so it'll definitely fit. To be honest I may consider standing it beside the switch dock though because it's not like that goes inside the entertainment centre.
Good point! Did anybody make one of these threads when the switch came out?
just curious

dalekjay

I have all consoles plug in, ps4 being the slickest of them don't do anything for my setup, I forgot that the console exists there, my eyes always go for the game pads. I don't acknowledge their existence and this will be no different, when come to consoles its better that they go Function over form, this tower will be more or less behind my tv and I will also forget its there.

Orta

Banned
It'll would up on the edge of my desk with stacks of magazines, blu ray cases, etc perched on it after six months.

quickwhips

My xbox series x is going horizontal so it can fit. We should call it riding dirty for now on.

Last edited:

Discusguy

No problems here and even if it wouldn’t fit, being vertical next to my my entertainment stand it wouldn’t look out of place.

Last edited:

Banned
easily. but my PS3 will have to fuck off sadly.

I currently have hooked up a PS4pro, a PS3 SS, an Xbox One X, an Xbox 360 S, the og Xbox, a Switch and a Wii U.

the SX (I like that abbreviation) would fit in 2 of the spots that are currently occupied, the spot where the Switch is and the spot where the PS3 SS is, so the latter one will have to go.
BUT because the Xbox One X will be completely unnecessary due to the SX, I will most likely set up the PS3 where the One X currently sits 🤔

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
t3xnCVg.jpg

😥

I’d have to take out a shelf.
tenor.gif

Mega_Deth

It should horizontally(not sure on the exact height though) but I feel that it being so long horizontally that it takes up too much room from the other consoles due the its footprint. Surely they could have saved some horizontal size by giving it more depth. I can understand that they wanted to look like a PC but that doesn't supersede the amount of space it will take up.

xrnzaaas

Wouldn't be an issue for me, I have both PS4 and XONE next to my TV, not under it or in some other tight space.

BigBooper

Only if the PS5 comes in the shape of a tetris T, so I can put the switch pro and xsex under each arm of it. An L would work too, but I'd have to find something else for the spro.

dolabla

I might have to get a side table. This is what I'm using in my gaming room. Don't think it will fit laying down in that spot under the tv:

71FuqI6j9UL._SL1500_.jpg

Saruhashi

Banned
It's amusing to me to imagine that somewhere out there on Friday morning a bunch of people working for Playstation are frantically herded into a meeting room and told "the Internet is freaking out because the new XBox is too big". Then they all glance nervously over at the absolute behemoth they have designed. :)

Airbus Jr

Banned
Let me tell you Neogaf and Resetera arent an honest representation reaction of this thing

Look at people reaction on Youtube literally everyone is raising their eyebrow when they saw this absolute humongous monstrosities for the first time

BigBooper

Let me tell you Neogaf and Resetera arent an honest representation reaction of this thing

Look at people reaction on Youtube literally everyone is raising their eyebrow when they saw this absolute humongous monstrosities for the first time
Kinda strange to refer to youtuber react videos as being more legit, gotta say.

Grinchy

Banned
I might have to get a side table. This is what I'm using in my gaming room. Don't think it will fit laying down in that spot under the tv:

71FuqI6j9UL._SL1500_.jpg

Don't you feel like it would look pretty cool just on the floor next to that? I still don't know about the airflow concerns, but the idea of tucking it away somewhere and not having it be a prominent fixture is kinda cool to me.

I'd probably still end up not doing that, but at the moment, in theory, I like it.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I have two full size PC towers and Two CRT monitors in my entertainment center fitting the series X would be nothing even standing up

Last edited:

dolabla

Don't you feel like it would look pretty cool just on the floor next to that? I still don't know about the airflow concerns, but the idea of tucking it away somewhere and not having it be a prominent fixture is kinda cool to me.

I'd probably still end up not doing that, but at the moment, in theory, I like it.

Yeah, that would be my concern is air flow. I have carpet as well so I usually don't like sitting my consoles on the carpet. There's a matching side table I'm looking at getting if it doesn't somehow fit.

Top Bottom