• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you end buying the new Series X Refresh ?

Will you buy the newly designed Series X ?

• Yes

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 417 86.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 31 6.4%

• Total voters

Robb

Gold Member
Im Not No Way GIF

Already have a Series X, unless this one is significantly smaller it sounds like a downgrade.

Very interested in the controller though.

MikeM

Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by FaZe Clan

Here's who gets my money for hardware:

Nvidia - whatever the next flagship GPU is.

Sony - PS5 Pro

Nintendo - Switch 2

Steam - Deck 2 and the next VR headset

Facebook - Quest 3

The above covers everything I could ever need across all of gaming. Phil, if you're reading this, ya fucked it up.
Makin it rain.
No, I'll just play the games on PC.
And herein lies Xbox’s biggest problem.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
We're elated to hear that you're enjoying the enhanced storage capacity and sleek design of the new Xbox! Tailored game suggestions are just one of the many ways we strive to personalize your gaming experience. Embracing the digital era not only streamlines your gaming journey but also offers a cost-effective advantage. We're delighted to have made the transition from physical discs seamless for you. Your support and enthusiasm mean the world to us! 💚🎮🌟
If it were Sarah Bond, it would just be... "💚🎮🌟" - Sarah Bond, twittard

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm still stuck in last gen so I will jump in with the Brooklyn Series X and the PS5 Pro. Then I'll have 4 years of current gen lol!

tryDEATH

If the specs stay the same as in the leaked documents then no way. However, if they have made improvements to power similar to the Xbox One X definitely.

//DEVIL//

I think Don killed Phill and put on his face mask to cover his identity. High-end Console without an optional optical drive.. fucking NO

Dcr1d3r

Unless I see MS start investing in some shit hot new ip's that got them on the map with the original Xbox and 360....then nope...not for me!

When my OG 360 finally was done for good (that thing had a good run for an original model; it was a damn trooper), getting a Slim Model was a no brainer.

If my Series X dies in the next few years before next gen? Well fuck me I guess I gotta get a second hand OG SX if I want to use my discs.
JWC5wAD.gif

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Who is this even for?

The people who bought Series S was because it was cheap(er) while the people who bought Series X was because it was more powerful.

This is neither more powerful or cheaper. So again, who is this product even for? 🤔

So there's no chance someone wants a next gen xbox console that doesn't care about physical? Let's say it was out today:

Buy square x for $499 with drive and tb ssd, or
Buy round x for $499 with 2tb.

If you ask me more people would pick round than square as the larger store size and newer machine has more value to a lot of buyers.

TheShocker

Unless there is a performance advantage, no.

I am eyeing the 2TB expansion card though. Already filled up the internal one and the current 1TB expansion.

cireza

Did you vote “Yes” cireza cireza adamsapple adamsapple ?
I hadn't seen this thread mate.

Definitely "No" as far as I am concerned if there is no disc drive, and even if there is one I simply don't see the point as it is exactly the same thing as the original console. It is fine for MS to reduce their production cost, and maybe fine for "late buyers", but for early buyers that already have the original console (which has been reliable on top of this) I simply don't see the point.

And it will be a big "Fuck you" as soon as they push for 100% digital. But that's another topic.

Metnut

I was considering buying a Seroes X Pro if Starfield was a GOTY type of hit and stuff like Avowed and Fable were great too.

Seems like they aren’t doing a pro-console and Starfield is just another Fallout type of experience, so I’m leaning against it. Will reconsider when Avowed and Fable come out.

reinking

Gold Member
I am most likely on my last Xbox console. I will be going to PC for future MS/Xbox games. That has nothing to do with the refresh even though I am a little confused about who this refresh is for. I would understand if the Series X refresh looked more like a Series S but not a cylindar. Weird.

MikeM

why is it a problem to play their games on pc?
- Most PC gamers buy on Steam. Lost revenue due to having to share that gross income with Valve for any games sold there vs buying these games on Xbox where you keep 100% of those dollars. Very few people use the Xbox storefront so im ignoring that.

- Not having any console exclusive games means no reason to buy your box, thereby losing the chance to have third party games bought on your platform, losing that potential revenue share.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I have a Series S, so possibly might be a good way to upsell me if they're able to shrink down the size of the Series X significantly.

Zuzu

They need to give it a clock speed boost like they did with the One S revision. At least then it could run games a bit better without developers having to do any extra work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom