• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you ever buy an Electric Vehicle?

Great Hair

Banned
Saving up for the ID Buzz Bang Bro Edition.

Not a good idea to outright buy an EV. Too many swift changes happening in the battery industry. Better to rent, lease etc. imho.

Last edited:

Fbh

Maybe at some point in the future.
With their current prices I just don't see much of a benefit. Like yeah you spend less a month on "fuel" but unless you drive a lot it's going to take quite some time to compensate the much higher initial price. You'll also have to replace that battery eventually which I imagine is quite pricey.

Romulus

With their current prices I just don't see much of a benefit. Like yeah you spend less a month on "fuel" but unless you drive a lot it's going to take quite some time to compensate the much higher initial price. You'll also have to replace that battery eventually which I imagine is quite pricey.

They're not that expensive now, and with $3 a gallon pretty much a reality in the US, $4 with Biden at some point seems likely.
The battery replacement stuff is phasing out. It was sort of a real thing years ago, but many have 10-year warranties now. Most people already have another car by that point. Not only that, many states offer a big rebate on taxes. $7500 in my case.

danowat

Banned
Most EV's will never need a battery change, it's no different from the chance a combustion engine will fail and need changing, there are EV's with over 400k miles.

Top Bottom