• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Wow. This really puts it in perspective. I knew the threads moved kinda fast, but I didn't realize it was this fast.

It's been a lot faster, too. I compiled some stats last June on previous threads:

Summer |OT3| - 565 posts/day, 30.09 days
Fall |OT| - 860 posts/day, 23.38 days
Fall |OT2| - 544 posts/day, duration: 37.02 days
Fall |OT3| - 603 posts/day, duration: 33.15 days
Winter |OT-4| - 869 posts/day, duration: 22.90 days
Winter |OT-5| - 748 posts/day, duration: 26.72 days
Winter |OT-6| - 544 posts/day, duration: 36.21 days
Spring |OT-7| - 637 posts/day, duration: 30.91 days
Spring |OT-8| - 641 posts/day, duration: 31.22 days
Spring |OT One| (w/ E3 interruption) - 683 posts/day, duration: 29.29 days

That doesn't explain me though.

You watched and gave impressions for every episode of Gintama that's a fair amount of posts already.

Imagine if I actually wrote impressions for each Doremi episode individually. I'd have posted far more than I did. (Might do this near the end of Dokkann! though)

cajunator

Banned
best loli/UMA of the season

ibkOPuds6mb70k.gif

best 2d dancing

i7SaL9OhIgSeB.gif

Yes. Mashiro is just perfect.

duckroll

Inari, konkon, matchmaking - Episode 8

Pretty funny episode. Best Susano-o ever. Lots of build up for even more dramaz to come. Not a good sign. Not much to talk about though. I tried watching episode 9 after this, and the drama overdrive killed me 4 minutes into it. I think I'll save it until the final episode is out and just power through both of them and hope I don't turn into a k-drama watching housewife.

cnet128

Banned
New thread! But will it be short-lived, or will it be repurposed? The tension is killing me.

Seventh on the Wall Hall of Shame. This is acceptable.

Futari wa Pretty Cure RE: Splash Star 7

A fucking magic blender! A BLENDER! NO WONDER TOY SALES WERE SHIT IF ONE OF YOUR IDEAS WAS A FUCKING BLENDER

Bahahahaha. Well, strictly speaking it's a carafe (the name says so, it must be true! never mind that wikipedia says carafes shouldn't have handles) but, uh...yeah. I can't imagine kids going crazy for that particular item.

Futari wa Pretty Cure RE: Splash Star 8

I am really captivated with how this episode went down. Like... even the fighting wasn't clunky at all. It was rather flowing. There was a lot of care that went into this particular episode.

Oh and Moerumba is here.

I am loving your Splash Star re-impressions, by the way. How is Splash Star so good?!

Imagine if I actually wrote impressions for each Doremi episode individually. I'd have posted far more than I did. (Might do this near the end of Dokkann! though)

I write impression posts for everything I watch ever. Not that anybody cares about my impression posts, but I do write them.

This is the correct way to AnimeGAF.

I write impression posts for everything I watch ever. Not that anybody cares about my impression posts, but I do write them.

This is the correct way to AnimeGAF.

I just like grouping them up is all. I normally watch them way too quickly to seperate the groups of episodes up.

cnet128

Banned
I just like grouping them up is all. I normally watch them way too quickly to seperate the groups of episodes up.

Ah, right. Yeah I usually keep all my impression posts separate because it feels more natural/satisfying/easy/Idon'tevenknow that way, though I admit it can slow down watching somewhat.

Though I made something of an exception for Wooser yesterday for reasons that are probably obvious =p

phaze

Hunter x Hunter 29-61

Heaven Tower dragged on but payoff was worth it.
Gon vs Hisoka
was probably the best fight yet and from that point the show really picked up. Enjoyed the Yorknew City arc throughout, though I'm not sure if the conclusion was very realistic.
The explanation the Troupe gave for letting off Gon and Killa felt really poor and contrived. As they were already searching for someone to take Kurapika's curse off Chrollo killing them would not threaten their plans in any way.

I sincerely hope that when Gon finally gets to meet his father he will drop the whole "Hey daddy, you're totally not a dick and a horrible human being for abandoning your own child" and will deck him in that unkempt face of his.

Fate\Zero 5-15

So Saber would use the Grail to conduct genocide in the British Isles. I'm not sure if I can cheer for that. Had flashes to Saint Seiya when
she unleashed Excalibur.

Gilgamesh is a glorious dick.

Defuser

Noragami ep 11
The Yato vs Rabo fight was pretty great, the atmosphere and the pacing is great for a filler arc. This is one filler I don't mind in all the fillers I've seen in other series.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It took this long to get to OT 3, truly this is the slow time of the slow season. By the way, that is sarcasm if you are asking, you people need hobbies.

cnet128

Banned
It took this long to get to OT 3, truly this is the slow time of the slow season. By the way, that is sarcasm if you are asking, you people need hobbies.

Hey, I have hobbies!

They're called "watching anime" and "posting in AnimeGAF".

Can't have other hobbies, they would detract from valuable anime watching time. @_@

jgminto

Hunter x Hunter 1-10

Damn, this show is pretty badass. The main cast is great, Leorio is hilarious and Hisoka is an amazingly creepy villain. Think I'll be continuing.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hey, I have hobbies!

They're called "watching anime" and "posting in AnimeGAF".

Can't have other hobbies, they would detract from valuable anime watching time. @_@

Yes, clearly, I need the wide open spaces of the larger GAF personally.

How did Ace of the Diamond turn out to be? The baseball game from Clannad are really tempting me to watch a baseball anime, but I'm unsure on what to see. I suppose there is Cross Game and Touch, but I already read the manga for them.

The anime of Touch is pretty nice, it's one of the best I watched from this 80's run of mine, and there are 2 movies that tell stories after the end of the manga.
I recommend it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Diamond no Ace is a pretty good baseball romp that is still ongoing, kind of drags too much with the training though.

How did Ace of the Diamond turn out to be? The baseball game from Clannad are really tempting me to watch a baseball anime, but I'm unsure on what to see. I suppose there is Cross Game and Touch, but I already read the manga for them.

You should watch Big Windup!/Oofuri.

Ace of the Diamond is alright. It's slow paced, very shonen, and focused a lot training. There was a long stretch where there wasn't nearly enough actual baseball.

HALL OF SHAME

Code:
cajunator 1,128
 CorvoSol 914
 Admiral Woofington 903
 KirbYayoi 888
 Theonik 672
 Branduil 639
 cnet128 470
 Articalys 469
 Gazoinks 418
 R_thanatos 376
 Narag 375
 ZachDeKoromaru 362
[B] nintendoman58 341[/B]
 jman2050 332
 MikeHattsu 326
 dakkumauji 326
 firehawk12 321
 Link Man 318
 Dedication Through Light 311
 PshycoNinja 299

Awwwww yeaaah. Best one I've ever had thus far.

Hunter x Hunter 1-10

Damn, this show is pretty badass. The main cast is great, Leorio is hilarious and Hisoka is an amazingly creepy villain. Think I'll be continuing.

You have begun a great show. It's only going to get better from here.

The iDOLM@STER - Series Review

So after me asking multiple times in the last thread where certain screencaps/artwork came from I decided to finally get into this series and marathon in the course of 3 days. Again my initial interest in this series was the artstyle that appealed to me from screencaps posted; my only knowledge beforehand was that this series was based off of some rhythm/music game (series) of some kind.

I have to say I think I enjoyed this a bit 'too' much. Maybe I was just missing 'that' type of anime filled with a group of girls striving for a common dream/goal, plus it has music (my gawd the music).

Like all animes I watch for the first time I can't help but compare to past animes I watched, and the most similar to The iDOLM@STER is K-On!! But the former is just better imo. Instead of centering on girls lazing around doing a combination of both nothing and sometimes creating music, The iDOLM@STER centers around girls striving for a goal and producing music (it helped that there was an insert song in practically every episode). Perhaps I'm not comparing the right anime to it, but K-On!! is the one that most relates from what I've watched.

One flaw I noticed with this anime, is however perhaps its greatest draw and that's its large cast of characters. While each character did technically receive an episode dedicated solely to them, the anime focused on only half of them leaving the others as background; during the end said half was also cut and the anime focused on two-three characters. While I didn't mind the focus of two-thee character becoming the main characters during the end I would've preferred that this was better hinted at rather from watching the Opening Songs.

As for music, well its fucking great:

Jitensha (Bicycle)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6oWCXyggUg

Yakusoku (Promise)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwvMN5Yl3NE

Nemuri Hime (Sleeping Princess)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni_b-X_B8A0

Sometimes its nice to watch a laid-back anime but I find to make a show enjoyable of any sort there has to be some sort of plot or rely heavily on tropes such as humor and whatnot. The iDOLM@STER is part of the former and so far one of the top I've seen in this area of anime, glad to have watched it.

tumblr_mo16spFn0F1qi797xo6_500.gif

^Best idol

Jintor

are there any anime that are told ENTIRELY in mockumentary/documentary style like the first episode of Idolmaster or... I guess... like The Office or bits of Modern Family or something?

Mendrox

So any recommendation for spring animes? I looked at a few lists, but there was nothing which I knew the source material from. Does Assasination Classroom get an anime? I watched the OVA and liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom