• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With the next generation of consoles I'm hoping for a reset to simple graphics (for the kids)

bender

What time is it?
Poor Ray.

tumblr_lr2u3h8GBy1qbtpv0o1_500.png

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean OP. But I will say this. I miss being impressed by the evolution of graphics. In the old days we used to have big jumps within a single generation. Now that happens really slowly by comparison. Sure we still have improvement, but it's not as bold as it used to be..

REDRZA MWS

I'm not sure I understand what you mean OP. But I will say this. I miss being impressed by the evolution of graphics. In the old days we used to have big jumps within a single generation. Now that happens really slowly by comparison. Sure we still have improvement, but it's not as bold as it used to be..
Yes, it was most certainly graphical leaps, but there used to be bigger leaps in things like AOLI, ad physics like totally destructible environments. I miss BF3 and 4.

onQ123

I understand what you're saying OnQ but they won't go through those growing pains. There isn't going to be bad 3D raytraced looking games vs good 3D looking games like there was bad looking 3D games compared to good 2D.
Not about having bad looking games

I'm saying bring down the complexity while pushing Ray-Tracing at a really high level

You sound totally nuts and I agree with you. Fuck them graphics, let's bring everything down to 5fps and make games look like surrealist art again. You know, like Nintendo did back in the day.

Larxia

Let the kids suffer the growing pains
I know this post is most likely a joke, but I've seen some people having similar arguments for real, about how younger generations won't appreciate something because they didn't experience worse etc...
The thing is, you didn't suffer either on these games when you were a kid, they looked fine to you because you didn't know any better, and older generations were most likely thinking the exact same thing about you, being like "you would enjoy mortal kombat more if you grew up with pong", it's a never ending cycle lol.

The thing that I do think is a shame, however, something that hurts younger generation tastes, is not visuals but the genre of games. So many young gamers nowaday grow up with online games and will only be interested in only one game, completely ignoring the rest and never being interested in various genres or single player games at all. I think that's the biggest issue. You see it with kids who instead of getting different games, they use all their birthday money on micro transactions for the same game, it really makes me sad.

Top Bottom