• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 06•30-07•02•17 - Audiences want the D3, don't put Baby in corner but 2nd,

My first console was the N64. The first game was Star Fox and goddamn was that game awesome
with the worst, most irritating cast of characters ever imagined.

I had a PS1.

Well, it was my sister's.

Got Tomb Raider II and Gran Turismo with it.

It's gone now.
I had a PS1 but was so young that I didn't really get any use out of it. PS2 with FFX-2(and X later) was my jam.

Me and my father are nerds. We just visited the Fox Plaza just to take a picture and be able to say we visited the skyscraper from Die Hard. They must've saved a ton of money using one of their own skyscrapers while filming.

I think I still have some of my VCDs somewhere... I used to import them from China, 8 or 9 at a time for like 20€. I got myself a decent collection in the late 90s / early 00s consisting mostly of Godzilla films, Takashi Miike, Tsui Hark and category 3 horror movies like Story of Ricky. Good times.

Bronx-Man

Banned
This is what I imagine all you old folks look like

ne2QdyU.gif

Pachimari

I still regret to this day that I sold my entire Dreamcast collection. Ugh.

But Spider-Man: Homecoming will heal my years long wound.

riotous

Banned
My wife and I have a PS3 fatty that can play PS1/2 games natively and a PS4(and a PS4 Pro). An N64, a Gamecube,a Wii-U (which is fully BC of course) and a Switch. OG XBox/360/Xbox One... and a Dreamcast. For any console older than that we do have a Raspberry-Pi box that can play all NES/SNES/Genesis/Sega Master System and a bunch of others but we may end up getting those as well as it's more fun to play with original controllers and cartridges.

I had a PS1 but was so young that I didn't really get any use out of it. PS2 with FFX-2(and X later) was my jam.

Me and my father are nerds. We just visited the Fox Plaza just to take a picture and be able to say we visited the skyscraper from Die Hard. They must've saved a ton of money using one of their own skyscrapers while filming.
My sister got it when I was 2 years old (so '98) and I have a memory that stretches pretty far back so I remember the day we got it. I actually didn't get a PS2 until 2005 so I got a lot of use out of the PS1.

I wouldn't say my dad's a nerd but he does really like Star Wars and X-Men. Hates Die Hard, though. I still don't know why.

For any console older than that we do have a Raspberry-Pi box that can play all NES/SNES/Genesis/Sega Master System and a bunch of others but we may end up getting those as well as it's more fun to play with original controllers and cartridges.

Yeah, we used to have a really healthy NES/SNES collection, but at some point we decided the emulation scene was more than good enough for the frequency at which we were indulging that retro itch, so we cashed out (retro gaming has gotten SPENDY since we first started grabbing stuff up at pawn shops & goodwills).

Was thinking of doing the Raspberry Pi rigmarole, and then the NES Classic dropped and I was thinking "well, I'll just get one of those, that satisfies the retro aesthetic and you can mod em real easy no problem."

And then it turns out I can't get one because Nintendo didn't think they'd be popular and all of NeoGAF bought every last one just to keep 'em in their fucking display cases boxed up and unplayed motherFUCKER.

If it helps, Bobby, I bought one for 45$ and then sold it for 100$ and then got a Raspberry Pi Zero for 10$ and then and then and then and thefnsdflkdaksmdasl

Page Fault In Nonpaged Area

That thread is one of the most maddening fucking things I've ever read in my (relatively by comparison) short time here.

Seriously it's a 5 page thread and I think 3/4ths of its respondents are like "I've never even opened the box."

Fucking maddening.

Goddamned gaming forum filled with people who fucking look at boxes all fuckin' day. Spent 60 bucks to put a box on a shelf next to another box and just look at it.

Jigorath

Banned
I don't see the point of buying something and keeping it sealed like that unless you're planning on selling it

You gotta buy at least 5.

One to play, one to hack, one to leave in the box, one to sell for some quick cash, and one more to sell off 15 years from now to pay off your mortgage.

I think the first video game I ever played was Wolfenstein 3D on some old PC we had...

I have no idea where that computer came from or where it went.
Uh, yeah.

My first video game was Halo CE on the Xbox.

In late 2005.
What the

But you're older than me
I sure love all this box office talk in this weekly box office thread.

Oh yeah. Box office.

I predict Spider-Man: Homecoming to be a success.

This is what I imagine all you old folks look like

ne2QdyU.gif

I'm not even old tbh. I just grew up in a country where our tech was two generations behind, so I have this weird approach to games/tech entirely inconsistent with others my age.

I think we got the NES in '94-95 and the SNES in '99-00. Shit was whack when I moved to the US cause I went from SNES to PS2/Xbox (SC Chaos Theory whoo boy) and that blew my fucking mind.

It's a holiday! This happens sometimes!

I am real curious as to who's gonna win that Spidey contest, though. BGE raised the stakes quite a bit.

I kinda hope it becomes an annual tradition. One summer release (doesn't even have to be the biggest, just the one that seems the most interesting to guess at) comes with a buncha free games attached.

Fuck an "avatar bet" or whatever.

(maybe next year one of these hoardin-ass gamerside dickheads can offer up their boxed unused NES Classics that they reflex purchased for no other reason than they heard someone else wanted it)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Duck Hunt on the NES with my first system being SNES and Turtles in Times

I loved the old days when license games meant something! Aladdin, Goof Troop, Turtles

11 years ago, the last time July 4th was a Tuesday, Superman Returns made $10.5M and had a running 7 day total of $108.1M. It would proceed to be completely destroyed by Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest then opening weekend record of $135.6M.

If you can believe it, the BOM forums back then were evenly split on which film would make more money.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I wish I was around for Usenet. I was too busy being like 6 and watching space battles on the tele.

I too predict Spider-Man will generate income for Disney

11 years ago, the last time July 4th was a Tuesday, Superman Returns made $10.5M and had a running 7 day total of $108.1M. It would proceed to be completely destroyed by Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest then opening weekend record of $135.6M.

If you can believe it, the BOM forums back then were evenly split on which film would make more money.

I can believe it - the Returns marketing made that movie look beastly.

And then Returns actually happened.

(basically: we all got fooled by the power of John Williams)

I contributed $7 to the Godzilla 1998 box office. Technically $14 including my dad going with me. He hated it, went home, and watched Godfather 2 again on VHS.

He left you at the theater?!

No. I think he fell asleep at a point. But he said I shouldn't drag him to see movies in theaters anymore, which I haven't in 19 years.

Top Bottom